Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey guys,

A buddy of mine had some problems with his brand new Sphere TC glitching/surging. To make a long story short, it glitched into the wall, he continued to run it, and ended up dragging the on/off switch off. I'm pretty sure it was the speedo, as he changed to a different one and the glitching/surging went away. Now, he wants to sell it for next to nothing and I was thinking about buying it. Where do I send it too in the U.S., and do you have any idea what the cost might be?

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by jdearhart
Hey guys,

A buddy of mine had some problems with his brand new Sphere TC glitching/surging. To make a long story short, it glitched into the wall, he continued to run it, and ended up dragging the on/off switch off. I'm pretty sure it was the speedo, as he changed to a different one and the glitching/surging went away. Now, he wants to sell it for next to nothing and I was thinking about buying it. Where do I send it too in the U.S., and do you have any idea what the cost might be?

Thanks!
Sounds like more of an RX problem. But if you buy it I think A/E charges around $30-$40 for the most part to fix it (if it is not under warranty).
Old 10-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Kinda thought it might be a RX problem, but it is a Spektrum system, and when he switched speedos to a different brand, the problem went away.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

I had the same problem with my Spektrum system (using an LRP Spehere as well). I had to clean out the RX as there was dirt in it and re-bind it to the transmitter and it was fine after that.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default LRP Comp Sphere ?

I have a LRP Comp Sphere with the heat sink and a fan. I can run a 13.5 motor without any issues, but when I try a Novak 5.5 or a older LRP X11 the speedo seems to shut down every once in a while. When it does this sometimes I will still have steering and other times the entire system is dead. It doesn't seem to matter when during the run that this happens, sometimes early in the run and sometimes later in the run. When I temp the motor and esc they don't seem like excessive temps, the motor is around 130 and the esc is right around 100. This is a older version of the Comp Sphere, should a person be running a cap with this? Any other suggestions? Thanks, and sorry if this has been asked before.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Trying to see if people has posted this related question. But no luck so I will ask here. Did anyone compare the TC spec with GTB in terms of the punch setting? I have been out run by some people using TC spec while i am using the GTB. The other guy appears to be able to have more speed and pass me on the straight as if he has turbo. I realize that gearing may have something to do with it but should not be that much different. For those who have used both, when paired with Novak 13.5, does the TC spec give more punch or overall speed? Thanks.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I have a LRP Comp Sphere with the heat sink and a fan. I can run a 13.5 motor without any issues, but when I try a Novak 5.5 or a older LRP X11 the speedo seems to shut down every once in a while. When it does this sometimes I will still have steering and other times the entire system is dead. It doesn't seem to matter when during the run that this happens, sometimes early in the run and sometimes later in the run. When I temp the motor and esc they don't seem like excessive temps, the motor is around 130 and the esc is right around 100. This is a older version of the Comp Sphere, should a person be running a cap with this? Any other suggestions? Thanks, and sorry if this has been asked before.
I suggest u change a new cap
Old 10-22-2007, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

I could run my 5.5 in my Lazer with the older Sphere Comp (with the small cap) with no problem. I just had the heatsink on (which I could probably even remove as it doesn't get that hot) and no fan. You need a process of elimination. Do you have another car or ESC to try the motors on? Try to narrow it down to either the motor or ESC.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
Trying to see if people has posted this related question. But no luck so I will ask here. Did anyone compare the TC spec with GTB in terms of the punch setting? I have been out run by some people using TC spec while i am using the GTB. The other guy appears to be able to have more speed and pass me on the straight as if he has turbo. I realize that gearing may have something to do with it but should not be that much different. For those who have used both, when paired with Novak 13.5, does the TC spec give more punch or overall speed? Thanks.
I didn't notice any punch difference between the LRP and GTB. You need to compare apple to apples though. Batteries, gearing, tires and set up can make a big difference.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

hi guys, i have a brand new LRP Sphere TC ESC and was setting it up with my radio ( 3PK ) problem is when i'm setting it in brake it wont work. no problem with setting it in neutral and thottle but only when i'm already setting it for brake already tried using different receiver and radio but the problem still persist i was suppose to use it with an LRP 4.5 brushless motor any of you guys encounter this problem with this ESC thanks
Old 11-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buboy28
hi guys, i have a brand new LRP Sphere TC ESC and was setting it up with my radio ( 3PK ) problem is when i'm setting it in brake it wont work.

Are you running any brake curves, and is your tx set to 100% braking? I'm running that exact combo with no isssues.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

As Vern said, make sure your throttle and brake settings are at least set at 100%. Also, on the 3PK there is a setting under dual rate on the screen, I think it's ATL. Make sure it's at 100%. I turned mine down and lost brakes also.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If you are setting up this car with a new profile on you TX, I have to think that verndog and jdearhart have just solved your issue.

I couldn't have said it better...LOL
Old 11-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Verndog
Are you running any brake curves, and is your tx set to 100% braking? I'm running that exact combo with no isssues.
Originally Posted by jdearhart
As Vern said, make sure your throttle and brake settings are at least set at 100%. Also, on the 3PK there is a setting under dual rate on the screen, I think it's ATL. Make sure it's at 100%. I turned mine down and lost brakes also.
Originally Posted by Still Bill
If you are setting up this car with a new profile on you TX, I have to think that verndog and jdearhart have just solved your issue.

I couldn't have said it better...LOL
when i first tried setting it both are in 100% so when it did'nt work i tried it 0% setting the car with new profile, i will try the ATL or dual rate setting as jdearhart suggested, will post result hopefully it should work thanks guys
Old 11-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I have a questions guys

I just bought a eagle racing motor cooler (like the blue LRP one) And then a much more high rpm fan for it, because I have read the stock fans are no good

On my LRP TC sphere can I splice into the on and off wire so I can have my car plugged in, and it wont turn on until I flip the switch, or should I go to the pos/neg battery wires? And if you can get one fan, can I also do the 25 mm fan that goes on top? Because the stock LRP one broke, and I just soldered it to the pos/neg, but I like being able to use the on/off switch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.