Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree919Likes

Mugen MTC2

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Might be a racing incident if it happened once. Starts to look intentional after the second time in a row. Kind of looks like "I'll follow this guy as close as I can and if I hit him ... oh well"
rccartips, Robbob and gigaplex like this.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any more closer and their car will have an offspring

Robbob likes this.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Calinative
New to touring and picked up a new Mugen for getting back into racing. I’ve got a question for you veterans of the car and touring cars in general. Basically I’ve read and seen team drivers measuring their ride height on the side of the chassis next to the roll bars. I’ve noticed on my car that when I set the ride height using this method. The ride height measures anywhere from .4-.6mm difference from the left side to the ride side of the chassis. I’ve basically disassemble the majority of the car to check for tweak, checked bulkheads with the alignment tool, car scales basically 49f 51r and 50% cross weight. Is this normal on the mct2r?
The previous comments about this are good places to look. But - has the matter of the countersunk bolts that hold the sway bar mounts to the chassis and their heads that stick out the bottom of the chassis from the factory been addressed? If not - you are basing your ride height off of those bolts. You can either run the countersinks in the chassis deeper by hand so the bolts do not stick out, remove the bolts so they are not in the way, or measure the ride height just before or after them.
Old 03-08-2024, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Racer X79
The previous comments about this are good places to look. But - has the matter of the countersunk bolts that hold the sway bar mounts to the chassis and their heads that stick out the bottom of the chassis from the factory been addressed? If not - you are basing your ride height off of those bolts. You can either run the countersinks in the chassis deeper by hand so the bolts do not stick out, remove the bolts so they are not in the way, or measure the ride height just before or after them.
I prefer to measure off to one side of the mounts. Never had an issue with checking my ride height. At the end of the day, it's all relative anyways. The as long as you can consistently check the measurement, then that's all the matters.
tbrymer likes this.
Old 03-08-2024, 06:45 PM
Tech Rookie

that thing is sexy
Old 03-09-2024, 06:43 PM
Tech Rookie

The differences in ride height when measuring next to the sway bars was chassis flex. I tried all the suggestions and it was still off. As soon as I put in the extra screws (1&2) for the motor mount on the chassis. The ride height was the same on both sides of the chassis. For reference I’m also running the optional upper deck that is two pieces instead of the stock single upper deck. So, the car has more flex then stock.
Old 03-11-2024, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Calinative
The differences in ride height when measuring next to the sway bars was chassis flex. I tried all the suggestions and it was still off. As soon as I put in the extra screws (1&2) for the motor mount on the chassis. The ride height was the same on both sides of the chassis. For reference I’m also running the optional upper deck that is two pieces instead of the stock single upper deck. So, the car has more flex then stock.
If that's what fixed it, then you most likely had a tweaked top deck. Add another probably stiffen the chassis so the flex wouldn't be an issue.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mtc2R

Hello all,

I have raced my r for the first time the weekend and the car feels great but I’m off my mtc2 pace currently so need to play around with the setup. One thing I have noticed is the rear shocks need to be threaded nearly to the end when I have no shims on top just to get to a ride height of 5.4. Is this normal? I did move over the metal part the bottom of the shock screws into so not sure if I have switched these round by accident or I have overlooked something else.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-25-2024, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dxb430
Hello all,

I have raced my r for the first time the weekend and the car feels great but I’m off my mtc2 pace currently so need to play around with the setup. One thing I have noticed is the rear shocks need to be threaded nearly to the end when I have no shims on top just to get to a ride height of 5.4. Is this normal? I did move over the metal part the bottom of the shock screws into so not sure if I have switched these round by accident or I have overlooked something else.

Any thoughts?
No that's not normal
Old 03-25-2024, 03:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gigaplex
No that's not normal
so how far down the shock are you threaded for a 5.4 or similar ride height. I will strip it back down the weekend to make sure I have this right
Old 03-25-2024, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dxb430
so how far down the shock are you threaded for a 5.4 or similar ride height. I will strip it back down the weekend to make sure I have this right
Roughly 5mm of thread exposed for 5.8 ride height at the rear. 4mm exposed for 5.4 ride height at the front.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Roughly 5mm of thread exposed for 5.8 ride height at the rear. 4mm exposed for 5.4 ride height at the front.
OK so I must have something wrong with the setup. I will have a measure what I have currently when I get back from travelling. Thanks for the answer
Old 03-27-2024, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Any updates for the MTC2R that anyone knows of? Just curious.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Typeone
Any updates for the MTC2R that anyone knows of? Just curious.
probably not till after the worlds if there is anything they bring. The MTC2r is pretty dialed and Ronald has been having some great pace with current platform.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

When do you guys think its okay to run the MTC1 1.1mm pistons. Been seeing a lot of set up sheets with drivers using those pistons. Cant get a hold of any, anyone has some ill buy them off you. Would like to give it a try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.