Search
Like Tree919Likes

Mugen MTC2

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
Thanks for the info and I'll take a look at your listing. I noticed a lot are selling their kits in the FS section. Is a new kit coming out?
You can get away from the front blades altogether. I installed the Arrowmax 53mm ball bearing front drive axles: AM Arrowmax XRAY T4 53mm Ball-Bearing DJC Driveshaft Set (2) [AMX-010061] - RC Planet It's a pricy upgrade but I won't be going back to blades....EVER. To me this is a MUST DO mod.
Not sure what surface you're racing on but we have high grip epoxy over concrete on an indoor track (very close to black carpet if not as good) and I use the rear T brace on a carbon chassis and it seemed to help.
duckman996 likes this.
Old 01-20-2022, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse
You can get away from the front blades altogether. I installed the Arrowmax 53mm ball bearing front drive axles: AM Arrowmax XRAY T4 53mm Ball-Bearing DJC Driveshaft Set (2) [AMX-010061] - RC Planet It's a pricy upgrade but I won't be going back to blades....EVER. To me this is a MUST DO mod.
Not sure what surface you're racing on but we have high grip epoxy over concrete on an indoor track (very close to black carpet if not as good) and I use the rear T brace on a carbon chassis and it seemed to help.
Is it a direct fit or does some additional engineering need to happen?
Old 01-20-2022, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Is it a direct fit or does some additional engineering need to happen?
Everything you need comes in the bag if you buy the 53mm kit. The first one I tried was the 52mm and they were too short, had to shim the inside of the outdrive 1mm to get enough bite that the axle didn't pop out of the outdrive. No such problems with the 53mm axles. Some have told me the Xray X4 axles will work too, have no first hand experience with the Xray.
Apex likes this.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

"high grip epoxy over concrete on an indoor track" This caught my attention - would love to hear more about this racing surface!
Old 01-20-2022, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
"high grip epoxy over concrete on an indoor track" This caught my attention - would love to hear more about this racing surface!
Search P&F hobbies on youtube and you should find some video.
DavidNERODease likes this.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

P&F Hobbies in Mesa, AZ laid this surface down, and considered laying carpet. One of our guys tested before they did that and he suggested them to leave it bare epoxy. This has been the grippiest surface I've raced on in my 8 years running tour car chassis, having never run on any carpet I can't make a direct comparison. In my humble opinion once word gets out how good this surface is I can see carpet tracks changing to the expoxy. Some from Cali have come out to run on it and all were very impressed with grip level.

Contact P&F directly to get product specifics.

Old 01-20-2022, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

this is our local high grip concrete surface the fastest tire so far there is the 40’s that we use as our hand out tire even with ambient temperature in the low 50’s
dawgmeat, OttoKrosse and Ggrant like this.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Replacement blades from Mugen have been out of stock for awhile now, the only way to get them is buying a replacement front or rear axle set. Makes the cost of the bearing mod not so bad .
OttoKrosse likes this.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Replacement blades from Mugen have been out of stock for awhile now, the only way to get them is buying a replacement front or rear axle set. Makes the cost of the bearing mod not so bad .
I replaced the front outdrive with the plastic ones and ditched the blades, no issues even running mod
Old 01-20-2022, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

I found the Xray blades fits in case you need one.
Old 01-20-2022, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Everything you need comes in the bag if you buy the 53mm kit. The first one I tried was the 52mm and they were too short, had to shim the inside of the outdrive 1mm to get enough bite that the axle didn't pop out of the outdrive. No such problems with the 53mm axles. Some have told me the Xray X4 axles will work too, have no first hand experience with the Xray.
. How often have you had to change the little bearings?
Old 01-20-2022, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J

this is our local high grip concrete surface the fastest tire so far there is the 40’s that we use as our hand out tire even with ambient temperature in the low 50’s
What an amazing facility!.. But man, those poles would be magnets for me!! Sure would be nice if we had something like this in my area.. One can hope
Rob...
Old 01-20-2022, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Robio
What an amazing facility!.. But man, those poles would be magnets for me!! Sure would be nice if we had something like this in my area.. One can hope
Rob...
Yup Florida has great tracks. I wasn't racing yet when I lived there.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

If you're looking for a nice lightweight (or std) 3-D printed bumper for your 1/12 Pan or 1/10 TC FabTek Engineering has some really nice ones and makes one for the MTC2. Owner/engineer is pretty fast racer whose home track is 180 Speedway in MD so it's tested as well.

https://www.fabtek-engineering.com/
Old 01-21-2022, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

. How often have you had to change the little bearings?

Still too new to make that assessment, I suspect much longer than blades and the smoother operation is a plus.
tbrymer likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.