Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 Scale Body Wishlist.  What would you like to see? >

1/10 Scale Body Wishlist. What would you like to see?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree78Likes

1/10 Scale Body Wishlist. What would you like to see?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm proud that this thread is helping people find the bodies they want. :-) Keep it up guys.

... and someone go build a darned weinermobile. Two people have brought it up already.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by golgi
scarfiotti, this looks great! If you make any more to sell, consider me first in line!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the plaudits, but I have to admit that neither my skills nor my capacities at home are good enough for commercial use...
Old 03-28-2019, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Marco's LM600 body

The Marco's LM600 body came in lighter than expected at 94g with a 3-color paint scheme.
Lou E likes this.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default Low-slung and looking for fun!

Mounted on an Xray T4 2018
Old 03-28-2019, 06:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NutDriver

Mounted on an Xray T4 2018
That looks fantastic
I'd be really keen to try this out, Do you have a link to where they're available either in europe or in general
Old 03-28-2019, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Default LM600 body

RAB Hobbies from Melbourne, Australia has them. They are made by Pitlane Hobbies in Australia. Both can be found on Facebook. I am currently awaiting my shipment in the US.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NutDriver
RAB Hobbies from Melbourne, Australia has them. They are made by Pitlane Hobbies in Australia. Both can be found on Facebook. I am currently awaiting my shipment in the US.
Thanks, I had a look they're actually a lot cheaper than I expected them to be. Okay postage isn't cheap but it isn't too bad if I order two to split it a little.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Delta already does!
delta makes steaming heaps of crap lol. Their bodies are more like caricatures of real cars
Old 03-28-2019, 10:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman

delta makes steaming heaps of crap lol. Their bodies are more like caricatures of real cars
Helps to avoid or get around those pesky licenses fees.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lou E

Wish they made more Group 5 cars, there are many to pick from.

- Lancia Stratos
- BMW 3.5 CSL
- BMW 320i Turbo
- Lancia Beta Montecarlo

The list goes on and on.
We have similar taste. We opened up our VTA rules to include Euro and Japanese vintage cars. I presently run the Porsche RSR by Tamiya.. would love the 3.0 CSL.

I would also add for 190 mm
BMW M1
Miura SV
Lotus Esprit S1.. Bond James Bond

for my M chassis passion
Aston Martin DB5 .. Do you expect me to talk?
Alfa Romeo Giulietta SZ
Porsche 550 Spider
Porsche 356
Alfa Romeo 4C

As for Killerbody.. when they started out back in 2013 I had very hi hopes for them. Their quality is superb close to Tamiya and the owner is a car guy. I did a bit of consulting for them.. or maybe it was consluting

Take a look at the Alfa Tipo 33 Stradale.. it’s a work of art.. still have one new in bag

He also paid his licensing fee’s.. but his sales never took off. I made intros to a few online shops for them but they were not successful in getting their product into the stores state wide.

In USGT, I ran their Lancia Stratos Turbo, Alfa 155, Alfa TZ3 Corsa. The Stratos Turbo handled really well.

He now seems to have ventured off into Infinity War stuff which I don’t get but then again.. his heavy investment in RC bodies didn’t take off.. shame.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scarfiotti
Yeah... had the same thoughts. Finally I made them by myself by homemade vacuum forming:

Porsche 908/3 Targa Florio:

Ferrari 312 P Spyder Monza 1969:

Both on a Tamiya F103 chassis
First of all, I've to say to Scarfiotti: you're a sort a genius: Chapeau!

RC is somohow split between those guys that lives for the lap time, and those romantic that loves to see a "model".

Licensing a body is a real mess, companies are charging quite a nice amount of money to gives the right to reproduce their job.
Somehow is right... there is an huge amount on their side, to make the real car.
Just would like to deal on a more affortable figures.

NutDriver and scarfiotti like this.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Raman

We have similar taste. We opened up our VTA rules to include Euro and Japanese vintage cars. I presently run the Porsche RSR by Tamiya.. would love the 3.0 CSL.

I would also add for 190 mm
BMW M1
Miura SV
Lotus Esprit S1.. Bond James Bond

for my M chassis passion
Aston Martin DB5 .. Do you expect me to talk?
Alfa Romeo Giulietta SZ
Porsche 550 Spider
Porsche 356
Alfa Romeo 4C

As for Killerbody.. when they started out back in 2013 I had very hi hopes for them. Their quality is superb close to Tamiya and the owner is a car guy. I did a bit of consulting for them.. or maybe it was consluting

Take a look at the Alfa Tipo 33 Stradale.. it’s a work of art.. still have one new in bag

He also paid his licensing fee’s.. but his sales never took off. I made intros to a few online shops for them but they were not successful in getting their product into the stores state wide.

In USGT, I ran their Lancia Stratos Turbo, Alfa 155, Alfa TZ3 Corsa. The Stratos Turbo handled really well.

He now seems to have ventured off into Infinity War stuff which I don’t get but then again.. his heavy investment in RC bodies didn’t take off.. shame.
A 356 would be amazing but it seems that in RC, much like in slot cars, manufacturers seem to just keep making 911’s...

A Ferrari 312PB would be pretty amazing also, they are such cool looking cars...

Are wedge shaped cars easier to pull a mold of? Thinking of attempting a mold, maybe a slab sided Chevron B-21.

Old 04-01-2019, 12:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lou E

A 356 would be amazing but it seems that in RC, much like in slot cars, manufacturers seem to just keep making 911’s...

A Ferrari 312PB would be pretty amazing also, they are such cool looking cars...

Are wedge shaped cars easier to pull a mold of? Thinking of attempting a mold, maybe a slab sided Chevron B-21.

The Chevron B-21 seems to me a good mould to start with. No tricky curves or dishes. Just the rear part is difficult in my opinion, as the mould would have a big undercut.
I'm currently attempting a '61 Ferrari Sharknose. As the mold has a couple of undercuts, I'm building the mold in two detachable pieces. I'll post some pics as soon as there's some progress in this project...
NutDriver and Lou E like this.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wasn't someone looking for a Volvo 740 or 840 wagon? https://aplastics-rc.com/volvo-745 Here's a 745.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wishlist for both sizes 190 and 200mm for my nitro and electric.

-2002 Dodge Viper GTS-R
-2012-2017 Viper ACR (My #1 want on this list)
-1987 Buick GNX (with a set of wheels to match, I can buy a GN body but it's $70 shipped from aplastics and I'm not sure I want to spend that money, drive it, and possibly scratch it up lol)
-McLaren F1 GTR
-McLaren P1 GTR
-McLaren Senna
-Koenigsegg One:1
-Koenigsegg Jesko
-Pagani Zonda
-Bitty Agata...aka a Lamborghini huracan/aventador hybrid (200mm version is missing)
-Honda S2000 CR
-05-06 Acura RSX TYPE S
-97-02 Acura NSX
-03-05 Acura NSX
-97-02 Acura NSX Rocketbunny
-96-04 Lotus Espirit V8
-Vector M12
-Vector W8
-Ferrari F12
-Ferrari FXX-K

These were the ones off the top of my head. I know some can be imported, but I hate the prices for doing so. Give me a $25 body, not $50+ and then be worried about damaging it or trying to decide which car I want to mount it to, if it were cheaper I could just buy one for each lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.