TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandyJones
Glad build is going good for you!! We had a lot of people come and grab the car this weekend and check it out. A ton of people watching it on track too. All positive feedback from racers and future racers. Even competition admit to thinking the car is good. I will try to help on here if I can with questions. Tyler and are very approachable if you are ever at a race and we are there. Don't hesitate to come say hi or ask questions. That's one of my favorite parts to this sport.
Tyler drove the wheels off the buggy and ST. I thanked him for the show on my way out the door lol.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The front wheels are way different on the offset to the AE cars. Not sure on the Kyosho cars. Rears would have to be a little different I would think. I'm sure Frank will chime in on that. We are still fairly new to 1/10 side of racing and we are both still learning but if I think I can help someone out I will.

Thanks for the kind words about Tyler. He's still learning and very focused on doing his best for all his sponsors and being a great representative for them.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

eta?
Old 11-17-2015, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

First week of December I believe Vito.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RandyJones
First week of December I believe Vito.
cool i got one with my name no it at the shop up north
Old 11-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For the guys who have kits already -- do we get the following battery foam/spacer set? I didn't see any pictured in any of the online builds.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/chassis-...30-p-tlr231039
Old 11-17-2015, 07:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter
For the guys who have kits already -- do we get the following battery foam/spacer set? I didn't see any pictured in any of the online builds.

Interesting.. One of the new features on the chassis is a battery hold down with adjustable stops to position the battery fore/aft, presumably doing away with the need for spacers.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No battery foams are included. If runninh brick, saddle or shorty I Cant see where theyd be required. I ran the thinner protek shorty in my 2.0 if I run that it will need some packing to be secured by battery strap.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I'm going to use some Avid foams I have for the battery as I run Super Shortys at the moment.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

No you don't, you get 2 stops that secure with a screw in the front and one stop in the rear. Both are removable and hold the lipo secure.

Im also running a protek shorty in mine
Old 11-17-2015, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by svndayNZ
No you don't, you get 2 stops that secure with a screw in the front and one stop in the rear. Both are removable and hold the lipo secure.

Im also running a protek shorty in mine
I only ask because you can't run the battery full back, with the rear slider installed -- see pic below. I know you can run it full back, using the front slider only (removing the rear slider -- frank's setup below).

But I was hoping to run the battery slightly (4-5mm) from the back, and the rear slider only goes back so far within the brace. Maybe I will try one of the skinny AE pads when I get the kit.

Thx to the guys for confirming, who have kits already.

Last edited by skrichter; 11-17-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Our kit wasn't a fully production kit and ours didn't have any foam spacers. I see they offer a foam spacer set as an option though. We ran Tyler's car on what I would call medium bite track this weekend. We had the back stop in and back as far as it goes and had tons of traction. I could see using some different thickness foams though to get battery further back too as a tuning option.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:43 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oPAULo
Hey! I was one that checked out your 3.0. Thanks a million for taking the time. My son and I are both running RB6's. Everyone is converting to 3 gear and sideways shortys but the 3.0 seems to be the first specifically engineered for it. Really nice piece.

My big question right now...
Is the wheel offset the same as B5M/RB6 or am I looking at starting all over with wheels and tires??

Thanks again Randy! Hope to see you guys again soon!
The TLR 22 2.0/3.0 wheel off-set is very different from the AE/KYO off-set.

These are an option for those who would prefer to use foam. Not required, and most don't run them on the team so far.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for help on wheel offset Frank!! I'm not that familiar with all the 1/10 side things yet.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Frank / anyone that can answer

Can anybody tell me what the suggested shock length is? No mention is made in the manual. They're all the same length which is important but could use others experience
hotrodchevy14 likes this.

Last edited by Matt M.; 03-11-2017 at 03:28 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.