Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nemaris
Yes! The Jconcepts Ford F-250, now believe me when I tell you I'm not a ford guy, but that body is done really well. I've been trying to give myself an excuse to paint a 3rd body.
I have run the f-250 body on the old truck and it jumped nicely. I am drawing 1 up now for my new truck and will post pictures when I`m done, the truck gets here Tuesday.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
So in your opinion Matt do you believe if you are doing say a 4S 1/8 motor setup to upgrade to either the steel or aluminum pins? (sorry question is more EB48SL on regular buggy electronicc oriented)
You definitely don't need to upgrade right away. You should be fine for a whole season on the composites. If and when you do upgrade, the aluminum pins are the way to go.

Originally Posted by Jordan Anderson
To use the Lunsford SCT410 titanium turnbuckles (LNS2600) on the SCT410.3, you'd just need a set of the old SCT410 camber link rod ends (TKR5051) to use on the 5x50mm / 5x55mm front and rear camber links? Correct?
To use the Lunsford kit you listed, yes, you would need the larger camber link rod ends that accept the 5mm threads. If you don't already have that Lunsford kit and want titanium links I'd suggest you pick up six 4x55mm links (LNS1455) or six 4x60mm links (LNS1460) so that you can run the new smaller/lighter rod ends.

Originally Posted by losi b
does it come with the black or white shock pistons?
The kit comes with the molded black pistons.

same question and which pistons exactly? (8 x 1.3, etc)
They are the 10x1.2 pistons. We looked into including the delrin pistons but it would have increased the cost of the kit.

question on the setup sheet as shown in the manual.

Are the aluminum hingepin blocks the same as the composites as far as position settings or is there a difference on some? Reason I ask is that looking at the setup sheet, the "C" Block is listed as "-1" for the aluminum one?

For the stock setup, what kind of "conditions" is that considered for? If I recall correctly the stock setup for the V1 was considered for "smooth" tracks I think.

Would this one be worth running as is for rough loose 1/8 tracks or what should be changed right away setup wise?
The aluminum C block and the plastic C block are different. The aluminum block puts the inserts 1mm lower than the plastic ones. The plastic C block did not have enough material to lower it as far as the aluminum version. However, the current plastic version is the same height as the older pill style C blocks so any antisquat or roll center position that you may have like can be exactly duplicated
I personally like the new aluminum C block because it allows 1 degree of antisquat with the D block in a LRC position (or HRC) or even 0 degrees of antisquat when the D block is in an HRC position. My driving style prefers very little antisquat.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcnewbie418
Thanks man. you mean the 'XLT' body?

http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/jconcep...co0243/p239843
Yes that is the one, it has a flatter hood, and the dipped area on the rear
Old 04-13-2015, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

"Order Now Being Picked and Packed in Warehouse" Wooooo Hoooooo!
Old 04-13-2015, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jakesterama
"Order Now Being Picked and Packed in Warehouse" Wooooo Hoooooo!

when did you place your order? mine is still nowhere.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm expecting my kit any day now and need to get some wheels and a pinion. This will be my first SCT so sorry if I am covering old ground but my searches did not turn up much.
I have a Pro 4 3300 motor. Any recommendations on a good starting point for a pinion gear? I will be running on a loose outdoor track. What is the gear pitch?
Also any recommendations on wheels?
Old 04-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyleman7
when did you place your order? mine is still nowhere.
March 20th, pretty much as soon as they posted it.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjl1
I'm expecting my kit any day now and need to get some wheels and a pinion. This will be my first SCT so sorry if I am covering old ground but my searches did not turn up much.
I have a Pro 4 3300 motor. Any recommendations on a good starting point for a pinion gear? I will be running on a loose outdoor track. What is the gear pitch?
Also any recommendations on wheels?
It's a standard mod1 pinion gear.The wheels will be a losi offset.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Our 1st lot have just shipped, so there on their way to Oz!!!
Old 04-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Mine has arrived from Tower @ Reno
going box stock till approx mid summer then perhaps al c,d, blocks and split diff

Cain, been happy bashing with Vants 4000mah just got some more with higher c rate from barnfloor/dirtcheap as per 4 plug vs 2 in the end it is still going back into 2 at the esc so I don't think it can make a huge difference, but time will tell. Right now I only have the four plug in shorty for b5m. The 6500 75c,hard wired vants I just got with 10 awg wire seams very beefy hope to run in about a week
Old 04-13-2015, 09:56 PM
Tech Adept

Aahhh that new truck smell!
Old 04-14-2015, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

I expect mine on Thursday (thanks Pete). I will have my bench ready for assembly Wednesday night, so I can come home Thursday, and begin assembly. Can't wait!
Old 04-14-2015, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
I expect mine on Thursday (thanks Pete). I will have my bench ready for assembly Wednesday night, so I can come home Thursday, and begin assembly. Can't wait!
Your welcome, cant wait for pics, parts are in also will be marked in stock today. Just no arms, wheel hexes, and front bumper yet. Hoping this week. Got a bunch of preorders already.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:13 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cjd66
Mine has arrived from Tower @ Reno
going box stock till approx mid summer then perhaps al c,d, blocks and split diff

Cain, been happy bashing with Vants 4000mah just got some more with higher c rate from barnfloor/dirtcheap as per 4 plug vs 2 in the end it is still going back into 2 at the esc so I don't think it can make a huge difference, but time will tell. Right now I only have the four plug in shorty for b5m. The 6500 75c,hard wired vants I just got with 10 awg wire seams very beefy hope to run in about a week

How can you tell which tower its coming from?

Thanks for the info on the vants. Do you know where to get them hardwired in the 7600mah size? Promatch won't be back in stock for about a month it sounds like, so on the hunt.

Speaking of batteries, other than SMC who else makes a reasonably priced 7000mah+ lipo hardcase pack that is in stock? Can be bullets or hardwired.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

How can you tell which tower its coming from?

Thanks for the info on the vants. Do you know where to get them hardwired in the 7600mah size? Promatch won't be back in stock for about a month it sounds like, so on the hunt.

Speaking of batteries, other than SMC who else makes a reasonably priced 7000mah+ lipo hardcase pack that is in stock? Can be bullets or hardwired.
genstattu has 7200's (70C) in stock. These are what I run in my 410.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.