Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 06:41 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

To be honest the diffs were something I was not sure of myself. I stayed with 7-7-3 here, maybe go to 5K in the rear but that was one thing I was curious to see someone else be ginea pig on
Old 05-30-2017, 10:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadaloo
Is the newest recommended Tekno setup a good starting point for most tracks? I went to the track today trying out that setup and the car was EXTREMELY loose, couldn't handle the truck at all. The track needed blown off badly, my friend's Ebuggy was hooking up pretty good though.

I also need to adjust the servo, I installed a new servo and I think it is way too fast, it's the MKS 599 running on HV. Ever since I went to 15/15/10 from stock diff oil's I feel like its been hard to control though. I run on outdoor clay tracks, that are generally pretty smooth.

It was loose on or off power...
The problem with a fast servo isn't generally the initial speed. One of the most common issues found in servo setup is generally not setting a delay return speed or a negative exponential curve in the steering.
If you set that return delay to about 75-80 percent, you will instantly notice a stability increase. Don't mess with your initial speed. That is an advantage.
The steering curve should be set to react very quickly and then to smooth out through the rest of the range so that you and make the snap adjustments you need in the technical sections.
Tune your initial delay, or over all speed to suit your driving style from there.
If you think you are still being twitchy, I suggest going to a larger steering wheel on your remote. You will notice that Spektrum generally has a larger wheel and a more linear curve. What they lack for quality or the controversial link connection issues are made up for by their smooth ergonomic mechanics. Airtronics and Futaba have a smaller wheel and this is often confused for a faster system. Fact is the wheel is smaller and the trigger swings more which cause you to make larger actions quicker.
In realistic factors, the human can't decipher the speed indifference that the top radios are producing. But the mechanics of the radio is different and depending on the driver, one will suit you better than the other due to your precise ability. That being said, sometime "slow is fast", and that sometimes goes for servo actuation set to per user optimization.
If you don't have a mid to high end radio, you will find much benefit in owning one for these very reasons once you understand how to utilize it's features that many ignore for the most part.

A great feature of having a dial that you can mix with an expo is the ability to make a expo curve on the fly without having to get into the programming to tweak your feel on any track. Here is a video I made demonstrating an expo set on the throttle. This makes an artificial punch adjustment that I can set as I drive around a track depending on the traction available during a race if I want. You can also utilize this feature for steering speed/delay/expo. Which ever you want to set as the dial.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Cain likes this.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:04 AM
Tech Legend

personally using futaba radio systems here I find that I run anywhere between 10% to 20% negative exponential on the steering. It helps calm down how aggressive it feels on initial turn in so my movements on the wheel don't need to be so minor to affect the amount of steering I am wanting.

As I have an another SCT410.3 here that my daughter uses in sportsman class with 50% power, maybe I'll tinker with the diffs to see how this 15-15-10 setup feels.

If you can post of video fo what you are seeing I'd be curious to watch it.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

What did you guys use to glue holes in the pistons? Tire glue? I'm going from the 10x1.2 to the 8x1.4
Old 05-31-2017, 02:28 PM
Tech Legend

last few times I have done this I have used jb weld. If the oil pushes past that we got bigger problems

I have heard of people using toothpicks broken off into the holes and then glue or something similar to seal it up.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
To be honest the diffs were something I was not sure of myself. I stayed with 7-7-3 here, maybe go to 5K in the rear but that was one thing I was curious to see someone else be ginea pig on
I think I am going to go back to stock diff oils, my truck was hooking up great with them. I only changed to see if it could be even better! haha, but its awful now.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh L
The problem with a fast servo isn't generally the initial speed. One of the most common issues found in servo setup is generally not setting a delay return speed or a negative exponential curve in the steering.
If you set that return delay to about 75-80 percent, you will instantly notice a stability increase. Don't mess with your initial speed. That is an advantage.
The steering curve should be set to react very quickly and then to smooth out through the rest of the range so that you and make the snap adjustments you need in the technical sections.
Tune your initial delay, or over all speed to suit your driving style from there.
If you think you are still being twitchy, I suggest going to a larger steering wheel on your remote. You will notice that Spektrum generally has a larger wheel and a more linear curve. What they lack for quality or the controversial link connection issues are made up for by their smooth ergonomic mechanics. Airtronics and Futaba have a smaller wheel and this is often confused for a faster system. Fact is the wheel is smaller and the trigger swings more which cause you to make larger actions quicker.
In realistic factors, the human can't decipher the speed indifference that the top radios are producing. But the mechanics of the radio is different and depending on the driver, one will suit you better than the other due to your precise ability. That being said, sometime "slow is fast", and that sometimes goes for servo actuation set to per user optimization.
If you don't have a mid to high end radio, you will find much benefit in owning one for these very reasons once you understand how to utilize it's features that many ignore for the most part.

A great feature of having a dial that you can mix with an expo is the ability to make a expo curve on the fly without having to get into the programming to tweak your feel on any track. Here is a video I made demonstrating an expo set on the throttle. This makes an artificial punch adjustment that I can set as I drive around a track depending on the traction available during a race if I want. You can also utilize this feature for steering speed/delay/expo. Which ever you want to set as the dial.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Thanks for the info man, I use a Futaba 3pv currently. I want to upgrade to the 4pv or 4px eventually though. The MKS servo and diff oils were changed at the same time, and it is impossible to drive currently. I set the endpoints, but never adjusting delay or neg exp. I will need to look into all the settings on the 3pv and see what I can work out. That is definitely a good idea though. I really appreciate it!
Old 05-31-2017, 04:03 PM
Tech Legend

I think I am going to go back to stock diff oils, my truck was hooking up great with them. I only changed to see if it could be even better! haha, but its awful now.
Thanks for being first on the beach!

Thanks for the info man, I use a Futaba 3pv currently. I want to upgrade to the 4pv or 4px eventually though. The MKS servo and diff oils were changed at the same time, and it is impossible to drive currently. I set the endpoints, but never adjusting delay or neg exp. I will need to look into all the settings on the 3pv and see what I can work out. That is definitely a good idea though. I really appreciate it!

I use the 3PV here too, had a 4PLS but after getting my daughter a 3PV I liked it enough that went with the radio for myself and my other daughter. It has the features I need and works very well for the money.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

I use the 3PV here too, had a 4PLS but after getting my daughter a 3PV I liked it enough that went with the radio for myself and my other daughter. It has the features I need and works very well for the money.
Glad to hear it has the features, I was worried it wouldn't! Do you happen to know what all you adjusted on the radio? I have my 3 cars on the radio, but have only messed with trim really... turned down the d/r before, but never neg exp or return delay.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Tech Initiate

I had a chance to run Joe Bornhorst's Motorama setup this past Saturday night and loved it. The truck was dialed. Managed to put myself 3rd on the podium (my first time ever on the podium).
Old 06-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Is the newest recommended Tekno setup a good starting point for most tracks? I went to the track today trying out that setup and the car was EXTREMELY loose, couldn't handle the truck at all. The track needed blown off badly, my friend's Ebuggy was hooking up pretty good though.

I also need to adjust the servo, I installed a new servo and I think it is way too fast, it's the MKS 599 running on HV. Ever since I went to 15/15/10 from stock diff oil's I feel like its been hard to control though. I run on outdoor clay tracks, that are generally pretty smooth.

It was loose on or off power...
I ran Joe's Motorama setup, which is based off of the Tekno recommended setup, this past Saturday and loved it. Truck was easy to control. Track started grooving up but with dust in some areas. Give Joe's setup a try.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:24 AM
Tech Legend

Glad to hear it has the features, I was worried it wouldn't! Do you happen to know what all you adjusted on the radio? I have my 3 cars on the radio, but have only messed with trim really... turned down the d/r before, but never neg exp or return delay.
I adust EPA to control how much throw each side gets. I also then adjust subtrim . From there during practice I'll play with the exponential on the steering. Usually ended up with 10% to 20% negative expo. I haven't played with return delay personally.

The negative expo for me made a big difference as without it, the steering would feel very twitchy due to how far the servo would steering relative to my steering input.

One other thing that helped even though I don't have the new steering rack components was going to the front hole on the steering rack. That change alone made a big difference in how the steering reacted. It calmed my truck down a lot and on my EB48SL it was too calm so I moved back to the middle position.

Originally Posted by bigdaddy83
I ran Joe's Motorama setup, which is based off of the Tekno recommended setup, this past Saturday and loved it. Truck was easy to control. Track started grooving up but with dust in some areas. Give Joe's setup a try.
here is the direct link:

http://www.teknorc.com/wp-content/up...20Motorama.pdf

What diff setup did you go away from? I am assuming the change in fluids to something heavy like this may have helped to calm down how fast the rear end can come around as with light rear diff fluid it can be a bit rapid?
Old 06-01-2017, 12:08 PM
Tech Initiate

What diff setup did you go away from? I am assuming the change in fluids to something heavy like this may have helped to calm down how fast the rear end can come around as with light rear diff fluid it can be a bit rapid?
I ran 7/10/5 last summer. Switching to the heavier diffs fluids planted the truck better. I could push through the turns a little harder. It did slow down the rear end coming around so quickly. But still able to get a little loose to be able to rotated the truck around.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Tech Legend

yeah, thats what I was thinking it would do. Its funny its like when you read the setup guides, it mentioned that you can get more traction to the rear with lighter fluid however it rotates faster. So if you lose that traction it can feel inconsistent. Part of me thinks it cutting down on that rotation is the big thing.

Hmm, maybe I'll give that a look lol.

How was the nose down issue with the shock changes and bump handling?
Old 06-01-2017, 08:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I adust EPA to control how much throw each side gets. I also then adjust subtrim . From there during practice I'll play with the exponential on the steering. Usually ended up with 10% to 20% negative expo. I haven't played with return delay personally.

The negative expo for me made a big difference as without it, the steering would feel very twitchy due to how far the servo would steering relative to my steering input.

Make sure to check your radio as to how you set your expo. With my Spectrum adding positive expo on the steering makes it less sensitive at center. I usually run mine at +20.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.