Search
Like Tree104Likes

Yokomo YZ-4

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoobyrs25
Do you show up on Sundays? I do. 2 Kyoshos and 2 Schumachers. Usually pitting with Steve.
yes sometimes.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Looks like Yz-2 rear arms fit and make the rear narrower... Never broken a Yz-2 arm, but not sure if axles would need changing? Anyone tried it to know?

Also, are some of you running WITHOUT breaking arms? Just working out whether to even try unboiled arms first!?
Old 12-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Hi guys,

Looks like Yz-2 rear arms fit and make the rear narrower... Never broken a Yz-2 arm, but not sure if axles would need changing? Anyone tried it to know?

Also, are some of you running WITHOUT breaking arms? Just working out whether to even try unboiled arms first!?
I boiled the front and rear a-arms, thus I have not ran her on the track but will within the next 4 days. Will update after as the track I am going to has some very large jumps and transitions being a 8th scale sized.
I know boiling works as it has been done by many over the years. I took the advice of a highly knowledgeable RC gent and racer whom boiled his for 30mins,
thus I boiled my YZ4 arms for 30 as well.

Again will update after I run her.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OriginalDonk
You guys that picked up a YZ-4 from R&D Japan scored a deal. 18% is gone and replaced by 8% so now you're looking at $450 or so out the door.
Glad I bought mine when I did. Shipped to my door from Japan in 3 days at $406.
Good place to get parts if unavailable state size as the us dollar conversion is much stronger in Japan. Buying in Euro based countries or the UK (pound) is very costly being the dollar is really weak.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Euro is extremely low actually.

Anyone have a leaky shock? i have one leaking very much.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore

Out of the seals on to the shaft? Never had much issue, in fact as per above my problem is usually too much expansion in the oring, not a leak... Any sign of damage?
Old 12-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

I have one as well. Just take it apart and assemble again, chances are it will be solved.

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore

Old 12-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

my bet is on a damaged x-ring... The shocks on my YZ2 have been holding up very well so far. They really are a step up from the previous X-Shocks.

Martin Paradis
Old 12-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Initiate

I've run my YZ4 a couple of times now at a smaller clay track but with sharp technical jumps. There has been a lot of hours of bashing for I am still a novice and I have not had any issues with this buggy. I really like it but it is my first 1/10 electric 4WD so I can't wait to experiment with others in the future.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Okay for all those yokomo fans that are as frustrated as me over the arms breaking i have finally found a solution, i bought some yokomo BMAX4 3 front and rear arms, the rear arms mounted with no problem at all, the front arms took a little bit of work to get them to fit, the way i did it was i got a dremel and a cutting disk and used the original arm as a stencil and removed the part of the arm that the hinge pin goes threw so that they front suspension mount will fit, i also took out an extra couple of mm so that i still had the tunability, and the good news is i spent a whole day trying to break the arms and they handled every thing i threw at them flawlessly, at one point i even hit the tripple wrong on purpose resulting in the buggy cart wheeling close to 15 times at great speed and to my surprise nothing broke the crash was that bad that if it was the stock arms i would have broken all 4 arms, if your arms are breaking take the time to complete this modification and i guarantee you will not break another arm, it takes a bit of work but it is so worth it. My yokomo yZ4 is now bullet proof.

Last edited by HSV427; 12-04-2015 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

WillS, did you recieved my PM?
Old 12-03-2015, 11:47 PM
Tech Adept

One thing regarding arm breaking (my experience with YZ2):

Always check the inner hinge pin, especially rear, in case you broke an arm. Off course they seems brittle on the YZ4 but I experienced a lot of breakages of Bmax4 III rear arms once the hinge pin is bent a little. That was not a huge bent, just a little resistance but once I changed the pins my rate of breakage felt down to 0.

Off course the breakages due to bent inner pin were around the pin location but it could save you some arms down the road, especially 4wd.

If you break an arm, check the inner pins.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:40 AM
Tech Adept

That's funny, because the only things we broke on our Bmax4 v3 were front arms. It was not the same kind of breakage as with the YZ-arms, on the B-max with an 'heavy' impact the front arms were ripped open/teared apart around the hinge pin. As I still have a lot of B-max arms it's good to know they ca nget to work in case of emergency.

Originally Posted by HSV427
Okay for all those yokomo fans that are as frustrated as me over the arms breaking i have finally found a solution, i bought some yokomo BMAX4 3 front and rear arms, the rear arms mounted with no problem at all, the front arms took a little bit of work to get them to fit, the way i did it was i got a dremel and a cutting disk and used the original arm as a stencil and removed the part of the arm that the hinge pin goes threw so that they front suspension mount will fit, i also took out an extra couple of mm so that i still had the tunability, and the good news is i spent a whole day trying to break the arms and they handled every thing i threw at them flawlessly, at one point i even hit the tripple wrong on purpose resulting in the buggy cart wheeling close to 15 times at great speed and to my surprise nothing broke the crash was that bad that if it was the stock arms i would have broken all 4 arms, if your arms are breaking take the time to complete this modification and i guarantee you will not break another arm, it takes a bit of work but it is so worth it. My yokomo yZ4 is now bullet proof.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Out of the seals on to the shaft? Never had much issue, in fact as per above my problem is usually too much expansion in the oring, not a leak... Any sign of damage?
Originally Posted by kempower2000
I have one as well. Just take it apart and assemble again, chances are it will be solved.
Originally Posted by rhodopsine
my bet is on a damaged x-ring... The shocks on my YZ2 have been holding up very well so far. They really are a step up from the previous X-Shocks.

Martin Paradis
Yes, leaky on the shaft. took it apart, didn't find any obvious reason.

put more green slime on it while rebuilding.

i'll see if it still leaks.

thank you.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Has anyone asked yokomo about a revised arm without bubbles inside? I still haven't started my build yet, and if this issue goes on for a long time, i'd rather just sell or return the kit, and wait until they fix it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.