Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by targetingxmod
Nah man! Thanks! Traxxas for me is only for small bash!
They are all plastic, you know? Plastic is good to trow in the bushes, and for mud/water!! It doesn't rust!!

I got the e-revos 1/16 & 1/10 and only use them for small bashing sessions only on 2s and 4s.... you know... it's ridiculous trying to drive traxxas rc... it goes anywhere excpet straight! But with the right upgrades (minimal) on the right spot's they are ok! Out of the box it's just plastic, on second pack it get trims/glitchs/clearances all over the place!

I prefer doing speed racing runs on something a little better, you know? That actually don't strip diff's doing speed racing runs like on a run!

And i love to make non rc people open their mouth looking around and jumping with a bucket of questions...specially if it's gas/nitro rc's! Cause they don't listen the noise and see them moving like rockets!

Either way... i do not make only a one pass speed run... youtube is full of that!

What i actually do is empty the pack doing that and that's the way i drive my rc's!... And i guess i love doing it! It's a challenge doing those speeds and empty the pack with motor warm & ESC on end!

And happilly i got a B44.1 with 2s saddle packs!

B44.1 is from your world! (the track racers)
Nothing wrong in there... i just want more speed out of it... and the D413 could fit the bill. just that!

And i am not a Traxxas Fan boy, allright?
I think this might be better suited to handle the task of fitting into what you're wanting to achieve without emptying your pockets and leaving PLENTY to purchase plenty of spares and everything else you need to make a solid 1/10 Wheeler with good diffs that can withstand all that power just fine.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...uggy_KIT_.html
Old 04-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
I think this might be better suited to handle the task of fitting into what you're wanting to achieve without emptying your pockets and leaving PLENTY to purchase plenty of spares and everything else you need to make a solid 1/10 Wheeler with good diffs that can withstand all that power just fine.

It absolutely amazes me that a kit like that can be sold to the public for a price like that. Any body here tried one of them? I'm not going to buy one no matter how cheap they are, to many potential problems, just curious.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Torrance,
Can you help explain the steering block settings? I assume it has something to do with ackermann and/or bump steer but not sure how it works. It seems to have a + and - side and then you can have the dot towards the front or back.

Thanks
Old 04-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Please forgive me, first time I've been to this thread. I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I'm trying to find out what 10th scale 4x4 buggy wheels will fit the new D413 best. Any solid info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 04-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt :-)
Please forgive me, first time I've been to this thread. I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I'm trying to find out what 10th scale 4x4 buggy wheels will fit the new D413 best. Any solid info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyosho, Associated, Losi, etc all have the same offset for rears these days. In the front, obviously D413 rims work, Losi 22 and 22-4 have the proper offset (22 is only 2mm narrower), and Associated and Kyosho 4WD fronts will work, but end up in a slightly narrower width. Ty won the nationals with Associated offset rims, and has run 22 fronts since then.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

I don't see why everyone is trying to push him away from buying the d413 because he wants to use it as a basher/speed machine. I think it will work very very well for what he intends to do. My 1/10 4wd (s10b v3.5) is incredibly durable and handles very well, as I'm sure this will be to. It's a lot easier to do speed runs and bash with a vehicle that doesn't handle like a dump truck. I say go for it. And I don't think he is aiming for 100+ mph runs he just wants the extra speed and efficiency that 4s offers.

Good luck targetingxmods I'm sure this buggy will be perfect for you.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Because a higher end race kit is overkill for what he's into. All the adjustability is there specifically for fine tuning for tracks and competitive racing. The kit I posted borrows from many other high-end kits so it's not like its going to not perform well. In fact it will have plenty of performance and tunability to make adjustments that will compensate for wheelies and or being too light to handle the brute power he plans to implement. He can fine tune suspension and it should be an all around great performer in every respect.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jones8352
It absolutely amazes me that a kit like that can be sold to the public for a price like that. Any body here tried one of them? I'm not going to buy one no matter how cheap they are, to many potential problems, just curious.
Looks very similar to the Himoto, Redcat, etc. When I first started racing I thought I would skirt the high price of these fancy pants kits, and it ended in heart ache. Low quality plastics that break if a butterfly flaps its wings in the next county, screws made out of pot metal, shocks, gears, etc are all just bad. The amount of flex and slop means you will never really be able to tune it to make consistent laps.

In the end you will end up with a hobby grade kit anyway if you want to race. Money and time is much better spend finding a quality chassis second hand rather than trying to make something like that work.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Because a higher end race kit is overkill for what he's into. All the adjustability is there specifically for fine tuning for tracks and competitive racing. The kit I posted borrows from many other high-end kits so it's not like its going to not perform well. In fact it will have plenty of performance and tunability to make adjustments that will compensate for wheelies and or being too light to handle the brute power he plans to implement. He can fine tune suspension and it should be an all around great performer in every respect.
I still completely disagree. Just because a car will be used as a basher doesn't mean it needs to be cheap. Come on man we are racing toy cars! If he wants to spend the money on a car to do with it what he wants I said go for it.

All those 70 year old men driving lamborginis and ferraris are you gonna tell them they should have bought a Hyundai because they arnt doing what they are intended for.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mydudrevo
I don't see why everyone is trying to push him away from buying the d413 because he wants to use it as a basher/speed machine. I think it will work very very well for what he intends to do. My 1/10 4wd (s10b v3.5) is incredibly durable and handles very well, as I'm sure this will be to. It's a lot easier to do speed runs and bash with a vehicle that doesn't handle like a dump truck. I say go for it. And I don't think he is aiming for 100+ mph runs he just wants the extra speed and efficiency that 4s offers.

Good luck targetingxmods I'm sure this buggy will be perfect for you.
i agree 100%. let this guy have fun with his toy cars the way he sees fit and we'll all do the same.

how are the diffs on that thing? plastic ring gears? looks like cheap himoto garbage. i know it well as i had a hobby people tempest (himoto). thing was great for about a month, then with soft plastic, specifically the chassis, everything gets sloppy and i was stripping spur gears left and right because of the amount of chassis flex. this kit appeals to the guy for it's reported durability. whether or not the extra tuning options are overkill for him is his decision.

and who knows? this guy could be the ultimate durability tester for all of us. if there are driveline issues with this buggy, he is going to find it running 4s. his experiences may benefit all of us.

Originally Posted by Jakesterama
Looks very similar to the Himoto, Redcat, etc. When I first started racing I thought I would skirt the high price of these fancy pants kits, and it ended in heart ache. Low quality plastics that break if a butterfly flaps its wings in the next county, screws made out of pot metal, shocks, gears, etc are all just bad. The amount of flex and slop means you will never really be able to tune it to make consistent laps.

In the end you will end up with a hobby grade kit anyway if you want to race. Money and time is much better spend finding a quality chassis second hand rather than trying to make something like that work.
^^^^ this guy gets it.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kdeleon
Torrance,
Can you help explain the steering block settings? I assume it has something to do with ackermann and/or bump steer but not sure how it works. It seems to have a + and - side and then you can have the dot towards the front or back.

Thanks
you mean the steering rack...

the +/- raises and lowers the rack 0.5mm for bump steer adjustment. if the + is facing up it is higher, with the - facing up the rack sits lower. you can also put shims under the rack if you need more than 0.5mm.

the dots are for ackermann adjustment. if you have the dot facing forward it pushes the ballstud further forward, giving you less ackermann and vice versa. similarly you can also use shims. i designed it this way in case if you want to run the ballstud far forward you don't have to use huge stack of shims and possibly run out of thread engagement.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jakesterama
Kyosho, Associated, Losi, etc all have the same offset for rears these days. In the front, obviously D413 rims work, Losi 22 and 22-4 have the proper offset (22 is only 2mm narrower), and Associated and Kyosho 4WD fronts will work, but end up in a slightly narrower width. Ty won the nationals with Associated offset rims, and has run 22 fronts since then.
Thanks for the tip. I find it interesting that Tye did so well with the narrower front offset. Duely noted.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

targetingxmod,

I'm not trying to influence what you decide to purchase. Just sharing my personal experience with bashing. I REALLY enjoy Losi 8th scale truggies. Their big enough to completely inhale any type of terrain. The suspension design bashes, races, and does speed runs beautifully. The power you can apply to them almost seems unlimited, and I haven't ever broken a single part. My daughter smacked her's into a telephone pole twice in mid flight of a high speed jump Saturday afternoon. I was completely surprised, no damage !

Hope you have loads of fun with whatever you decide to buy
Old 04-07-2014, 05:48 AM
Tech Adept

You are correct, Phreak, people shouldn't care what people do with an RC truck - just care what you do with yours.

FYI, I bought one of those hobbyking rollers just to check it out. It was simply terrible. Some guys tried racing them, decent drivers, and they couldn't get them to do anything right on the track. Even my seven year old preferred my durango over it.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

I can start building. yes, yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.