Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
The kit chassis is like $129, so i wanted to protect it. But the avid is only $55.
Where did you see a price of $55.00? I`m seeing $80.00
Old 11-19-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

found it.....http://www.avidrc.com/product/5/acce...cessories.html
Old 11-19-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Where did you see a price of $55.00? I`m seeing $80.00
That is the chassis "kit". I was referring to the chassis replacement when it is tore up.

http://www.avidrc.com/product/5/acce...cessories.html
Old 11-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anupam Das
Just an FYI for those who are looking at the D413 as compared to other cars strictly from a price standpoint. Just out of curiosity I tallied a total of what extra items I'd like to have if I included aftermarket parts. Which generally means

1. associated shock caps / retainers
2. Avid Aluminum chassis
3. afrermarket no-slop steering rack.
4. Proline body

When you total it up + cost of the kit, you are approaching some of the "high dollar" cars such as the Kyosho RB6..etc. It kind of evens out the playing field at that point from a cost standpoint. So you know.

Im not sure what my point is other than I was hoping this car would save me a few bucks here and there. And to be fair, I think the car handles fine without all that stuff. I just feel like the after market stuff is there for a reason and sometimes you feel compelled to try it as a result. That said, I am going to try as hard as I can to keep the car bone stock (other than setup stuff like springs/pistons) and see if I can get to the top of the A at my club. So far, the car is about a half a second off pace from the fast guys
I dont think any of the items you listed here are must have upgrades.

1) I personally am still running the original stock shock caps and have only one time popped cap off when I lawn darted a huge triple on a large 1/8 outdoor track. I have been careful from day 1 never to pop the caps off of the ball stud and when I rebuild shocks I unscrew the ball stud from the tower and leave it in the cap. Room for improvement....Yes. Required upgrade... No.

2) I don't think that anyone has even decided if its an improvement over the stock chassis. Certainly not a required upgrade.

3)Steering rack. See my post above. Nice to have, sure. Required... no way. I have this and it didn't really make a detectable difference in handling for me. I run a medium size, meduim/high bite indoor dirt track most of the time.

4) Proline body is nice because its simpler and just requires trimming and painting, but the stocker will work fine if you take the time to put it together right.

If you think that any other car out there doesn't have upgrades that are nice to have then you are kidding yourself. Most of them have ones that are downright required. Every car I have owed has had a list, and most are much longer than this one.

BTW: I'm about a half second off the pace at my track too. But its not the car. Thats about where I wind up with all of my cars. Its a skillls and practice thing, not a car thing.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jhautz
I dont think any of the items you listed here are must have upgrades.

1) I personally am still running the original stock shock caps and have only one time popped cap off when I lawn darted a huge triple on a large 1/8 outdoor track. I have been careful from day 1 never to pop the caps off of the ball stud and when I rebuild shocks I unscrew the ball stud from the tower and leave it in the cap. Room for improvement....Yes. Required upgrade... No.

2) I don't think that anyone has even decided if its an improvement over the stock chassis. Certainly not a required upgrade.

3)Steering rack. See my post above. Nice to have, sure. Required... no way. I have this and it didn't really make a detectable difference in handling for me. I run a medium size, meduim/high bite indoor dirt track most of the time.

4) Proline body is nice because its simpler and just requires trimming and painting, but the stocker will work fine if you take the time to put it together right.

If you think that any other car out there doesn't have upgrades that are nice to have then you are kidding yourself. Most of them have ones that are downright required. Every car I have owed has had a list, and most are much longer than this one.
Yeah, I put the stock caps back on. Why? I kinda like how they dont catch the clay and attract big clumps. I am practicing a lot in the next 2 days. Unless the caps pop off a lot, I will stay with the OEM. One of my caps has a much low "snap" sound when I put it on, so I might replace it. My LHS just didnt have them in stock. I dont like the fitment of the AE caps either on the D413 shocks.

I do think the Pistons are needed, at least for me and my track. The chassis? I will let you know after this weekend. I will say the pricing on the Avid chassis is better than the new TLR22 chassis, lol. That is like $70 and is less aluminum, and is probably made in larger bulk that the Avid. Avid had around 100 made in the first batch, TLR probably had over a thousand made.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

we have front towers in stock:

http://www.redrockhobbies.com/product-p/hbs112773.htm
Old 11-19-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I linked those yesterday. I see you fixed the description, lol. But yeah, Red Rock hobbies has a bunch of d413 parts for those of you having issues finding them.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have a few Avid aluminum chassis left as well.
http://www.factoryrc.com/index.php?r...ch&search=d413
Old 11-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240

Order placed
Old 11-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Well i am really liking the avid chassis, rcshox pistons and rack. The cars feels planted and has a lower cg that lets me carry more speed with less roll. The car is heavier but the rcshox 2 stage pistons really keep the car from slapping. Definetly bettet tham the kit pistons. The rack has taken some punishment will i learn this new layout. I feel like the steering is more consistent. I am quite happy with the upgrade.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

May have missed it but with the slop in the knuckles, what is the best way to set camber and toe. If I drop on the bench I can twist the wheels up down in out and adjust several degrees either way.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well i am really liking the avid chassis, rcshox pistons and rack. The cars feels planted and has a lower cg that lets me carry more speed with less roll. The car is heavier but the rcshox 2 stage pistons really keep the car from slapping. Definetly bettet tham the kit pistons. The rack has taken some punishment will i learn this new layout. I feel like the steering is more consistent. I am quite happy with the upgrade.
Have you had a chance to try it on medium to low bite tracks?
Old 11-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

[extreme sarcasm]

Really? Steering is more consistent without excessive slop??!?!?
Nooooooooo, It cannot be. [AND… Scene!]
Old 11-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla
Have you had a chance to try it on medium to low bite tracks?
Sorry no. Preparing for Arizona states this weekend. I will try low medium next week. But i had a lot of issues getting my car the way i wanted it before the changes. I am rather pleased.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sugelle
Order placed
Thank you, shipped today
2 Left...
E

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.