Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by potatobed409
How will it be labeled to tell the difference in the new one and old one?
The box is actually smaller than the old one and the art on the front uses orange instead of green in the body.

If you order one from HH.com, you may get one as early as the end of this month. It all depends how many back orders come in really.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (98%+)

Hmmm My MIP 2.0 needs a complete rebuild. Not sure if i should get this. Tuff choices.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S.TRIPP77
I am saving my cash for the new truck!!!!!! And my 7yr will run my old \ new scte2.0 after the new one is on the bench!!!
But have any of you guys used the 39 tooth MIP spur on short tracks for a little more bottom end??
I don't run tekin stuff I got speed passion and I am looking for just a little more (balls\ guts ) on the bottom end.
Robinson makes a full line of spurs as well. Nothing wrong with the MIP ones and I have used both just letting you know what all is out there.

the stock gears are great but Robinson and MIP offer sizes not given by TLR if you are looking to play with gearing some.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looking at the newest Dunford setup he has on his sheet that he has the 0 inserts in the front, but is running the 15 deg. castor blocks, I have the stock castor blocks on mine so to race at Sparks what would be the best inserts to run. I have the rear set at 3deg toe and 3 deg of anti-squat. I also have the stock sway bars. Just trying to get it the best I can for what I got without spending a lot of cash right now, kind of waiting to see which new parts they are going to release.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I have stated a few times now that there is NOT a 3.0 on the way. There is however an updated/reworked 2.0 coming. What I mean is that the 2.0 kit has been gone through and we have worked through most any issues we have found over time with the vehicle. Fit and finish is much better, ring and pinions are much better, metal quality is better, plastics are better. It includes the new TiCN shock shafts and hinge pins.

Now, none of this is to say there is anything wrong with the truck as it is. The parts are great and the truck is great. But I had a chance before I vacated the line to have at it and fix and re-work a number of parts, so I did.

We of course have some hop ups as always and some of those work for some and some of those do not work for some, but that is why they are option parts of course.
This is a Great truck as is. Proven performance out of the box. Like everything we race, the urge to improve it is always there.

Will you provide a list of updated parts and or option parts once they are released?

I know those parts are going to be on every current SCTE owners wish list or replacement parts list.

Big thanks to you Ryan for all you have done to make this truck the most competitive short course rig you can buy.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

The box is actually smaller than the old one and the art on the front uses orange instead of green in the body.

If you order one from HH.com, you may get one as early as the end of this month. It all depends how many back orders come in really.
Since this is being re-released. Why did you not think of rolling the chassis likes the so called 1.0 SCTE?
Old 02-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Keith B
Since this is being re-released. Why did you not think of rolling the chassis likes the so called 1.0 SCTE?
Rolling the chassis?
Old 02-10-2015, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

At my discretion. Did you participate/helper?
Old 02-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Casper
Rolling the chassis?
Simply put I think about Losi because of the pre*cut out bodies and some think their offset is good/ nicer
Old 02-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Ryan/hacker. When could we see a parts list of improvements and will all the new parts be able to fit the current site 2.0.
Please forgive me if this has been asked. I don't get on here as much as I like too.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S.TRIPP77
Hello Ryan/hacker. When could we see a parts list of improvements and will all the new parts be able to fit the current site 2.0.
Please forgive me if this has been asked. I don't get on here as much as I like too.
This updated truck will look nearly identical to the existing truck. We updated materials, worked over some molds, worked on metals, gears, things like that. The truck is identical in geometry. Meaning all of the parts will look identical with the exception of the plastic rear hubs (more material around the hinge pin so they are stronger), ring and pinion gears (look black now), and the hinge pins and shock shafts (TICN now).

You will notice that things like the bearing fitment on the diff cases is better, the pins fit in the outdrives a bit tighter, the entire drivetrain is smoother and much quieter, bumper are more flexible so they last much longer, sway bar plastics fit the balls much better, stuff like this.

I basically went through the entire truck like it was a new project again and we re-evaluated everything and fixed everything we could think of.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Keith B
Simply put I think about Losi because of the pre*cut out bodies and some think their offset is good/ nicer
I get it, make the truck a race roller.

TLR brand was based off the idea of kits again. Racers like to build there trucks so they know it is "right" (since racers know they are the only ones that can do it "right: )

For the bashers there is the Losi RTR of this truck. Rollers are great but guys still take them apart to check stuff and add an upgrade or two and change the setup.

This truck is pretty easy to put together. Will take a 4-8 hours depending on your skill level and familiarity to the platform.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

This updated truck will look nearly identical to the existing truck. We updated materials, worked over some molds, worked on metals, gears, things like that. The truck is identical in geometry. Meaning all of the parts will look identical with the exception of the plastic rear hubs (more material around the hinge pin so they are stronger), ring and pinion gears (look black now), and the hinge pins and shock shafts (TICN now).

You will notice that things like the bearing fitment on the diff cases is better, the pins fit in the outdrives a bit tighter, the entire drivetrain is smoother and much quieter, bumper are more flexible so they last much longer, sway bar plastics fit the balls much better, stuff like this.

I basically went through the entire truck like it was a new project again and we re-evaluated everything and fixed everything we could think of.
How about the 15 degree casters and +.5 rear hexes?
Old 02-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maddog9
How about the 15 degree casters and +.5 rear hexes?
I am making one more change to the 15 deg casters just to make them even stronger but no, they do not come with the kit. They are a tuning option and some still prefer the stock casters. Same with the rear hexes, tuning option.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default gears

Will the ring an pinnion gear be straight cut??? On the new revision??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.