Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Another good night for X-ray xb4 and rcamerica . I took tq and fast lap at action speedway first points race only to get passed by teammate Tim garland on the last lap, we set track record,fast lap record,and all with the cars once again..the durangos and associated where the cars. Remaking last night....
Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
drove it without fear no breaks today . used flanged m3 locknuts and seth's towers. The car held up great!

Also for leaky shocks, just put a lost scte bleeder o ring. I did however strip a spur because I forgot to loctite the motor plate to the motor . The car is tough otherwise, tightened slipper and diffs still butter!! Getting some more testing done tomorrow.....
Thanks for the tip about Losi SCTE o-rings. Just ordered an eight-pack of those.

I ran three packs yesterday and nothing broke. I think I have started to learn the basics now
Old 01-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frito
Another good night for X-ray xb4 and rcamerica . I took tq and fast lap at action speedway first points race only to get passed by teammate Tim garland on the last lap, we set track record,fast lap record,and all with the cars once again..the durangos and associated where the cars. Remaking last night....
You were driving the crap out of that X-ray it looked awesome. I can't wait to get my new buggy out there with you guys
Old 01-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You don't have to race to love this buggy. Got my 3rd pack with the car today. Open practice and dodging 5-15 other vehicles mostly SC's on a new track layout for the just completed 2 day event. Managed a fast lap that would have put me 2nd. Also my first run with an 80c battery and I was running it hard and coming off hot. When I ran a 30c it was cool. Same gear 21 on a 10.5, that battery is so powerful i need to gear down. Not a lot of crashing or big hits but still a test imo. Car is flawless. Just a tiny bit more pack and it's lights out.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DekelzMan
Ready to test run on Sunday:

Where did ya get that body wrap? I fubared my paint job. Would love a wrap to cover it up and salvage the body.

I don't see it listed on RCtags.com
Old 01-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's not on the site yet because I just templated out the stock body on Thursday, printed mine on Friday, installed it yesterday and ran it today, lol

Fits good and they hold up real well. PM me for more details and what you have in mind.

Mick
Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seth556
Sweet, I'd been waiting to hear some feedback on the towers besides George and I who have been running them locally.
Haha those things are tough as nails, and sos the car now. In fact now that I think of it, this xray is tougher than my rb6. This weekend (race day saturday and prac sunday) 1 shock towers, one rear hub and another shock end on the rb6. Nothing but a stripped spur on the xb4 (noisy but still could race it without overheating). I think the k car does not like the cold weather we are having here in northern cal .

I still don't have my xb4 where I like it, I played with maximum kick up on fronts, our tracks a bit bumpy on the high speeds. Next will try to get some thinner oils in with smaller holed pistons for more pack. Are there any more xray springs coming out than the 2 strip progressives? Otherwise will have to use kyoshos or avids.

What is the stock C hub 6 degrees or 9??

Heres the part number for the orings, was too tired last night after racing to search hehe TLR334000.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jhautz
I fubared my paint job.
another way to cover it up is spray the outside using self etching auto paint

also did the roof section of a SC body and it stays on great
Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

I played with maximum kick up on fronts, our tracks a bit bumpy on the high speeds. Next will try to get some thinner oils in with smaller holed pistons for more pack.
What are you looking to change with the kick ?
Have you thought about the K bigbores on the XB4 ?
I have a spare set and may try it.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc6000
another way to cover it up is spray the outside using self etching auto paint

also did the roof section of a SC body and it stays on great
Where do ya get that kind of paint?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asc6000
What are you looking to change with the kick ?
Have you thought about the K bigbores on the XB4 ?
I have a spare set and may try it.
basically my car is kit setup kit oils and springs right now. Gold barcodes front green 3ds rear middle holes both towers, middles for roll centers, stock shims on hubs and spindles.

It was acting too twitchy so I put the 1 inserts on FF and FR to make it max caster. It smooths out the steering without taking too much away and makes it better in bumps. I also laid the shocks flat afterwards to reduce weight transfer in front. My spindles did not have the 6 or 9 written on them so what is the stocker? I will recheck my car but sure it wasnt there!

I will try the k shocks for sure this week when I strip it to change out diff oils. Think I will do 12 and 7 F/R. Probably 1.3x4 holes (tlr #55 I think, though I have gheas) start out 375/300 with white springs F/R or maybe red F/R with lower ride height to test out next sunday.

For the K shocks (have a set from the 5, thats why my xb4 has a yellow blue paint scheme to match the K blue :P) will have to use the regular socket cap screw style mounting instead of the standoffs (which is one thing that annoys me about kyosho shocks).

Also for those wanting to try the K springs, the lower cup is too loose for them, so need to switch to kyosho shock ends and 5.8mm balls (plastic/metal) and kyosho cups so its going to be little expensive if you guys don't already have them .
Old 01-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DekelzMan
It's not on the site yet because I just templated out the stock body on Thursday, printed mine on Friday, installed it yesterday and ran it today, lol

Fits good and they hold up real well. PM me for more details and what you have in mind.

Mick
Will you have custom wraps for this car as well? How does the process go, select a design from somwhere? How much is the cost shipped to USA from CN?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

My car was very smooth on a big track but seemed pretty twichy on a smaller track so put the top of the rear shocks all the way in and it felt a lot better. I think for some people it still may be too much steering but I love a car with a lot of steering. I was also running 40/35 shock oil and I felt it was over dampened and the couple of people I let drive my car all said it was under dampened, I guess I'll try going up in oil haha.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Will you have custom wraps for this car as well? How does the process go, select a design from somwhere? How much is the cost shipped to USA from CN?
There are lots of great templated design companies out there, but I'm really only interested in doing unique one-off designs for people. Wraps for buggies are $44.50 shipped to the States.

Mick
Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 AM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seth556
My car was very smooth on a big track but seemed pretty twichy on a smaller track so put the top of the rear shocks all the way in and it felt a lot better. I think for some people it still may be too much steering but I love a car with a lot of steering. I was also running 40/35 shock oil and I felt it was over dampened and the couple of people I let drive my car all said it was under dampened, I guess I'll try going up in oil haha.
what pistons and brand of shock oil are you using. Why do think that yours is under damped? What is it doing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.