Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hanulec
i see that a lot of these build-ups are missing motor fans like xray shows on their web site. is there are reason to not run a fan in a 4wd buggy?
Originally Posted by onekiwi
The esc's look better withour the fans and it makes it look like there is more room.
Always run a fan with 4wd

Your choice of electronics will determine if there's a need for a fan.

I've never run a fan on any of my 4WD buggies running the Tekin RS Pro.....as there's simply no need for it

Bent

Last edited by BentKa; 12-13-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

I have titanium screw set For XB4
http://www.zzracing.net/index.php?ma...roducts_id=320
Old 12-13-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I noticed there is no o-ring between the shock cap and the shock body. I will be mighty impressed if these shocks don't leak.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Any word on when we will have parts for the buggy? I have one on pre-order and hoping to get in the next week or so. However, a little concerned that parts won't be available. None of the main US websites list spare parts yet.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Any word on when we will have parts for the buggy? I have one on pre-order and hoping to get in the next week or so. However, a little concerned that parts won't be available. None of the main US websites list spare parts yet.
Very soon in the US I suppose as we already got parts support in stock in Sweden
Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm excited for this buggy to the US, however I was told yesterday that there were 37 other preorders besides mine. I have a feeling I'll be missing out on the initial shipment. :'(
Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by J.Pietsch
I'm excited for this buggy to the US, however I was told yesterday that there were 37 other preorders besides mine. I have a feeling I'll be missing out on the initial shipment. :'(
We don't know what the numbers shipped from XRay are. I know they said "limited" first shipment, but who knows what that is and/or if it's a way to get a quick uptick on initial sales.
PS, looks like wheeler is getting a good push right now with all the companies having released new cars, so I'm sure quite a few wheeler fans have already spent money on an AE/YOK/SCHUEY/DURANGO/KYOSHO so hopefully we will all see a resurggence in wheeler and they don't have money left to buy an XRAY lol.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Theibault
We don't know what the numbers shipped from XRay are. I know they said "limited" first shipment, but who knows what that is and/or if it's a way to get a quick uptick on initial sales.
PS, looks like wheeler is getting a good push right now with all the companies having released new cars, so I'm sure quite a few wheeler fans have already spent money on an AE/YOK/SCHUEY/DURANGO/KYOSHO so hopefully we will all see a resurggence in wheeler and they don't have money left to buy an XRAY lol.
I hope you're right. This was with A-Main so I checked with my LHS to see if they can get one, and am keeping my eye on other retailers. I was on my way out of wheeler with my older DEX410R, but once I saw this car I was back in it to win it. Patience is not one of my strong points so it's killing me having to wait, LOL!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

I hope you're right. This was with A-Main so I checked with my LHS to see if they can get one, and am keeping my eye on other retailers. I was on my way out of wheeler with my older DEX410R, but once I saw this car I was back in it to win it. Patience is not one of my strong points so it's killing me having to wait, LOL!
So you and I and 36 other people preordered this from AMain? You would think they would get a decent lot. J, go a head and cancel yours. JK LOL
Old 12-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
my lhs has wheels coming and they said there are some parts available. Anyone buy one for parts yet ? They only let me buy one....
So, I hear you can switch to 12mm hex and use Losi wheels. anyone confirm that?
And any other bodies yet ? flame me if you want but it looks like crap.
Just got a txt 95% parts available. My LHS got a bunch of spares coming...GoodOnYa

Last edited by asc6000; 12-13-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

So you and I and 36 other people preordered this from AMain? You would think they would get a decent lot. J, go a head and cancel yours. JK LOL
Something like that.

I was raised to be curtious, I'll let you cancel first. lol
Old 12-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Something like that.

I was raised to be curtious, I'll let you cancel first. lol
Let's hope we both get ours and soon! I'm itching to build this beast.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Let's hope we both get ours and soon! I'm itching to build this beast.
For you my friend, I'm canceling. My LHS just called me back and they can get me one delivered next week (so he was told.) I'll pay the difference to make sure I get it.

***EDITED***
With this being my first Xray, what do you guys suggest for spares to get right away (if they are available)? My DEX410 was pretty bulletproof, only breaking an arm and a front carrier. Can I expect the same durability or better?

Last edited by J.Pietsch; 12-13-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Added spares question...
Old 12-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

A friend of mine broke a rear shocktower today. And it was where the rear link is fitted. I think it will be a good idea to put a larger shim on the nut side to spread out the pressure on a larger surface than just what the nut covers. Not sure it vill help, but i think i remember that was a good idea on B44 too.
But they sould beef up the shocktowers to a thicker carbon. Or glue 2 towers together.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kjuliussen
A friend of mine broke a rear shocktower today. And it was where the rear link is fitted. I think it will be a good idea to put a larger shim on the nut side to spread out the pressure on a larger surface than just what the nut covers. Not sure it vill help, but i think i remember that was a good idea on B44 too.
But they sould beef up the shocktowers to a thicker carbon. Or glue 2 towers together.
I'm sure the hit he took from that SC weakened it as well prior to the failure.

But looking at the part it did look kind of brittle.

Wouldn't mind towers done in 3.5mm or even 4mm for some added strength for the camber link mounts

So did you finish yours tonight ?

I had to leave early to get my daughter to bed and with her breaking a c-hub + axle and then an a-arm + axle there wasn't much time left to finish mine

Bent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.