Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Cactus Classic and other big events. Have they lost sight of whats important??? >

Cactus Classic and other big events. Have they lost sight of whats important???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cactus Classic and other big events. Have they lost sight of whats important???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
It took you a whole minute? What does that have to do with anything on this thread?
It just goes to show your purpose, that's all. Troll on...
Old 03-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Buzz3
Lol, troll!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HARDOCOR RACING
DUDE, u don't get it!!! Obviously this is beyond your comprehension. You have no valid points in your posts. I would just copy/paste someone elses and claim it as yours just to have some substance. Even the guy who just put sniffles, has more to digest.
Explain it to me then. What have I missed besides you having your feeling hurt because you didn't get recognition when you were on the track and you're upset because only 1-3 in the A mains got trophies.

What could the race director have done different to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside? I sure hope you have an answer to this because if you don't know then there is no way a stranger would know.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool

Originally Posted by Buzz3
Explain it to me then. What have I missed besides you having your feeling hurt because you didn't get recognition when you were on the track and you're upset because only 1-3 in the A mains got trophies.

What could the race director have done different to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside? I sure hope you have an answer to this because if you don't know then there is no way a stranger would know.
Nothin ur right
Old 03-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Nothin ur right
im wrong im sure and so are the other 90% of the posters on this thread that agree with me.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Big races should have big trophies and all A-mainers should have a trophy.

And raffle prizes.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the funny thing is that this years main announcer is friends with 80 % of the people there and has attended more cc races than anyone there with the exception of kinwald. other people did help with the announcing when people needed a break or was racing.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rccartips
Big races should have big trophies
Ever tried to fly home from a race with a big trophy? Not exactly easy, especially since most RC racers almost exceed the weight limit. Is it worth an extra $30-50 to add a checked bag or overweight charges? For that price you could go to your local trophy shop and have them make you a trophy saying you won the all-playground nats and still have change in your pocket
Old 03-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I can see both side of the fence. Back in the day, mod was for the pro's and stock was for the average Joe. That was until the pro's discovered they could get more track time by running stock also.

Also back in the day, stock truck and stock buggy were the two biggest and most competitve classes at all the local tracks. Brushless in my opinion has eliminated the two distinct classes and now most everyone runs open.

I also have the distinct honor of placing in the top ten of the two Stock Nats that I attended(4th, 7th, 9th) but there were no pro's running there.

Back in the day, you could attend a big race with the intent of placing in the top ten if there was a true stock class and no pro's wanted the extra track time.

Times change...roll with the changes.

In paragraphs.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default big races

What I do not understand is all the rewards the pro drivers get. One example is the Tq pit mat. Pro already has it, watched one of the get it and just toss it. I am paying my own way why not give door prizes to anyone else.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

SoCalRacerX,

Yes. Many times. I fly to different countries just to race.

You can always leave the trophy behind if you are worried about being overweight in flight baggage.

But I'll usually leave behind clothes rather than the trophy.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think what was missed is the commercialization of the hobby, it's not about the little guy or the hobby anymore. Its about selling out to the masses and if you're not one of the top tier drivers you kind of get the shaft.

Even though it is people like me and you that keep the wheel turning, with out us where would AE or Kyosho be ?

Then all it takes is a little Pimp wannabe like you PF_AOG to twist it to some retarded level of " OH you got your feelers hurt because " Who cares what your opinion is PF_AOG to what the message was, is, or should be, so long as you get what was said and you show respect to the people who are saying it because in my part of America, that's how real pimps role.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Manshoon
I think what was missed is the commercialization of the hobby, it's not about the little guy or the hobby anymore. Its about selling out to the masses and if you're not one of the top tier drivers you kind of get the shaft.

Even though it is people like me and you that keep the wheel turning, with out us where would AE or Kyosho be ?

Then all it takes is a little Pimp wannabe like you PF_AOG to twist it to some retarded level of " OH you got your feelers hurt because " Who cares what your opinion is PF_AOG to what the message was, is, or should be, so long as you get what was said and you show respect to the people who are saying it because in my part of America, that's how real pimps role.
Whoa I like this one!!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Whoa I like this one!!
Hard-on racing, my question to you was this ....

What could the race director have done different to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside?

Do you have an answer to this?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I know its already been said several times here, but just start making plans to attend the Spectrum race at Scotty's home track, Trackside Hobbies in Milwaukee.

Scotty really does go out of his way to make EVERYONE feel welcome, and besides, who wouldn't want to visit Milwaukee in December?
It's almost guaranteed to snow, as it does every year for this race. Just make sure your rental car is rear wheel drive...donuts in the snow are more fun that way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.