Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Cactus Classic and other big events. Have they lost sight of whats important??? >

Cactus Classic and other big events. Have they lost sight of whats important???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cactus Classic and other big events. Have they lost sight of whats important???

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Manshoon
I think what was missed is the commercialization of the hobby, it's not about the little guy or the hobby anymore. Its about selling out to the masses and if you're not one of the top tier drivers you kind of get the shaft.

Even though it is people like me and you that keep the wheel turning, with out us where would AE or Kyosho be ?

Then all it takes is a little Pimp wannabe like you PF_AOG to twist it to some retarded level of " OH you got your feelers hurt because " Who cares what your opinion is PF_AOG to what the message was, is, or should be, so long as you get what was said and you show respect to the people who are saying it because in my part of America, that's how real pimps role.
I agree Mike Garrison, big props. I was bummed to break my buggy main cuz he was calling it.

Originally Posted by cb71x
This years CC was one of the best in many years thanks to Keoni and crew. Great layout, the hospitality was second to none, and Jackie did an exceptional job with the track. One thing that highlighted the entire weekend was Mike Garrison on the mic. Mike and his father are an inspiration to me and my family, and my hats off to the both of them for making a 20 hour drive to AZ to race their toy cars. In my opinion, Mike is one of the best announcers since Scott Anfinson. Just my two pennies.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yep, Mike is a great announcer...brings energy and calls it fair for everyone.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i have never been to the cactus classic but i have raced in some big races in the 20 years i have been in this hobby. I know times have changed, i understand where the op is coming from. Back in the day when you went to most of these races the stock guys ran quals and mains on saturday, stock guys also got a handout motor and you could buy at least two more handout motors. Mod guys ran quals and main on sundays. If you placed well in the upper mains you got your trophy. You got a t-shirt and usally got a little sticker or plaque for attending.There was also concours event which was always cool but most people run custum painted bodies now so it not unsual to see custom artwork.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Glassdoctor, you are a great announcer also. Always giving times, telling stories, making EVERYONE feel welcome, etc....

The guys at HH said they are busier than ever with Southridge starting.

Congrats!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike Boylen's Snowbirds no tshirt but you get a small I was there plaque, still get a raffle ticket and top 10 "A" mains and top 3 ALL lower classes get wood plaques... 550+ this last year and 850+ 3 years ago when the econ was better. I have all my plaques on the wall at my house. Pro announcers and INTERVIEWS after all class mains. manufactors row. orlando in feb. now that's a pro race. just something to think about.

been working for 17 year so go figure

I've been there since 2005