Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragula426
No offense, but our track is a wee bit tighter.....Mine has been peeling the front tires right off, but still being out turned by the converted truggy's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebgdfa0Iowc
What diff oil are you running? Your track is about as tight as where I race mine, ours is very tight.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Upper front a-arm hinge pin

Just got the Hyper 10 tt a few weeks ago. I'm running a Castle Creations Mamba Max 5700 w/ Mamba Max Pro Speedo, this thing hauls and has plenty of speed and power.

Now that I'm getting better at driving it I'm not breaking as much but at first it was crazy how frequently I broke. I guess that's what happens when you live on the pipe and the wall.

Does anyone have problems with the hinge pin on the upper front a-arms popping out?

It seems like I just brush the pipe or wall and it pops out. It's not that bad because you can pop it back in but it's kind of a pain and you do use some of the end caps and spacers.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

I have not done that, but a few people at the track where I run have.

I think it's that upper plastic plate, probably worthwhile to get the upgraded aluminum piece from STRC.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Yeah thats crazy! "won't turn"? Mine has so much steering its a lil hard to drive! I have 5 or 6 degrees of toe out thinking that would calm it down...

Watching that video is proof, they turn on a dime! It would be nice to have that many to race with! These things are fun as hell! I only got mine as a fun little toy but a few people around here are buying them so someday we might have a class for them!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
I have not done that, but a few people at the track where I run have.

I think it's that upper plastic plate, probably worthwhile to get the upgraded aluminum piece from STRC.
What is STRC? Do you know the part number of the upper aluminum plate?
Old 02-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sak13
What is STRC? Do you know the part number of the upper aluminum plate?
http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...ory&path=57_61

It's the Upper Plate listed there.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thecman26
Yeah thats crazy! "won't turn"? Mine has so much steering its a lil hard to drive! I have 5 or 6 degrees of toe out thinking that would calm it down...

Watching that video is proof, they turn on a dime! It would be nice to have that many to race with! These things are fun as hell! I only got mine as a fun little toy but a few people around here are buying them so someday we might have a class for them!
Toe out will make it steer more, you never need more than 2 degrees, 5 or 6 would be undriveable.

If you want to calm down the steering some toe it in a little, 1 degree should be plenty.

The little trucks have lots of steering for regular tracks, for tight indoor tracks they are lacking when it comes to hairpins and whatnot.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Toe out will make it steer more, you never need more than 2 degrees, 5 or 6 would be undriveable.

If you want to calm down the steering some toe it in a little, 1 degree should be plenty.

The little trucks have lots of steering for regular tracks, for tight indoor tracks they are lacking when it comes to hairpins and whatnot.
Seriously? I've always thought toe out takes steering away? Holy crap, I'm gonna dial out some of that next time I am at the track! Thanks!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What diff oil are you running? Your track is about as tight as where I race mine, ours is very tight.
Running 1/stock/1 right now. I should probably pull the middle diff ad replace that with 5k...

Truck turns, but not under power like my Hyper10...I think I have found somthing that will work. I just re-drilled all the battery tray holes and slide it further forward, ad got it to 48% front weight. It needs closer to 52%, but this should help. I will also mount the esc and reciever further forward...
Old 02-14-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Running 1/stock/1 right now. I should probably pull the middle diff ad replace that with 5k...

Truck turns, but not under power like my Hyper10...I think I have found somthing that will work. I just re-drilled all the battery tray holes and slide it further forward, ad got it to 48% front weight. It needs closer to 52%, but this should help. I will also mount the esc and reciever further forward...
I have 5/5/2 in mine with some toe out (I have no idea how to measure the amount of toe that I have) and it turns really well and is very stable. I did all the same mods we did to our SC trucks for the steering and it makes my truggy very nimble. I also made a little bracket to mount the esc right behind the upper hinge pin holder plate and in the center of the chassis. This helps alot by moving as much weight forward. Also moved my battery tray as far forward as I could get it. Hope this helps.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Change it to 3-7-1, it will make a big diff.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default HYper TT

If anyone is looking for a used one, I just listed mine for sale on here.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-hyper-tt.html
Old 02-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Run my truck for the first time 2 days ago, all i can say is wow these things are awesome! I was doing back flips, jumps gave this thing a hammering and all that happened was the steering link pop off!
It did come out of the box with cracked lower front arm, right where the pivot ball screws in. I took some photos to send to amain to see if i get warranty but it still held up anyway.
I took it to our indoor carpet race track yesterday and also had a ball. I haven't raced there for 2 yrs and after a few laps i was flying. but i did have a few problems with electronics.

I am using an LRP sphere comp esc and was using a 6.5t dual sky motor(540). I took this stuff out of my b4.
It has a 14t pinion. thunder racing 5000mah 40c packs.

Here is what happened the first pack swell up so big because the lipo cut off is way to low on a sphere speedy ! i had read this somewhere else but forgot about it.

Second pack, i went and bought a lipo cut off to protect the battery but it didnt get that low because the motor went up in smoke!

I guess the 540 size motors are abit small for these trucks. I wasnt running any fans or heat sinks on the motor next time i might.

has any one else let the smoke out of there motor?

here is a link to a hyper tt (not me ) driving at the same track i as on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjxIWmJp8dw
Old 02-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Your pinion was too tall.

Should be running an 11t or 12t. Just overdrove the motor.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

If i was to get a 5.5t 540 size motor what is the max pinion size i should use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.