http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ing-servo.html
Old 12-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Get the bearings from boca bearings.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by G_WORD
anybody know if the ALUM STRG BELLCRANK JAMMIN SCRT10 GM will fit.

I'm in the process of doing this on mine, you'll also need the kingpin screw set p/n 37220. You need to clearance the diff a little to run the bar on top like it's supposed to. It just barely clears the upper brace if you use the right shims. I'm also in the process of purchasing the servo saver tube and spring from the scrt10 i think it will help align things a little better, right now it has an angle to it because it sits about a mm lower with the stock tube.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ndi_guy
Just ordered mine from Acer.
That's where I got mine.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Questions?? NitroHouse question...

I am about to order my TT from NitroHouse and I was hoping to save a few $$$ by ordering it with a ESC & motor combo....

Looking at the Hyper TT on the Brushless Electric Kits page, the only option available is to trade the chassis for a lightweight bump chassis.

If I were to call in the order do you think they would make me a deal?
Old 12-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default wow

Originally Posted by Slash65
I am about to order my TT from NitroHouse and I was hoping to save a few $$$ by ordering it with a ESC & motor combo....

Looking at the Hyper TT on the Brushless Electric Kits page, the only option available is to trade the chassis for a lightweight bump chassis.

If I were to call in the order do you think they would make me a deal?
If they make you a deal let us know, that would be awesome. That bump chassis looks sweet by the way.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ndi_guy
If they make you a deal let us know, that would be awesome. That bump chassis looks sweet by the way.
Even if they don't I am really considering getting the chassis.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HyperTT
I'm in the process of doing this on mine, you'll also need the kingpin screw set p/n 37220. You need to clearance the diff a little to run the bar on top like it's supposed to. It just barely clears the upper brace if you use the right shims. I'm also in the process of purchasing the servo saver tube and spring from the scrt10 i think it will help align things a little better, right now it has an angle to it because it sits about a mm lower with the stock tube.
once you have it done take pics and post them please.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
It also accelerates like nothing else on the track but that might be more of a function of the Castle 3800 (geared with a 15T pinion).
Did u ever try another system? i'm really thinking, so many like the sct, but if i compare my sct on 15t to my 6.5 on 12t its like a chevy malibu to a viper, the first one will take u around the track ok, but the second one will keep ur blood pumping. Of course depending ur driving style this doesnt have to translate to lap times but pure acceleration are worlds apart.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hoousi
Did u ever try another system? i'm really thinking, so many like the sct, but if i compare my sct on 15t to my 6.5 on 12t its like a chevy malibu to a viper, the first one will take u around the track ok, but the second one will keep ur blood pumping. Of course depending ur driving style this doesnt have to translate to lap times but pure acceleration are worlds apart.
do you run the sct at zero timing? mines ballistic even in my hyper 10 sc.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hoousi
Sort of. I have a bunch of HV motors that I run in my 4x4 SCs. I have 2 Hyper 10SCs and I run a 6.5 HV in one and the 3800 in the other. The 3800 powered Hyper is really fast and that's what made me use it in the TT. I also have a couple of Jammins that I run 4.5 HVs in and the 3800 is hardly slower. Iys the best deal out there for a motor.

I also run 2wd SC and 1/10 scale buggy & truggy but the fastest 540 motor that I use other than the 3800 is a Tekin Redline 10.5. So in terms of 540 canned motors I have no idea how a 6.5 runs. That is a lot of motor for something as heavy as the TT and I bet you have to be careful with motor temps. The Castle 3800 system runs super cold and you can run pack after pack without them getting hot. Castle has really created something special with the Sidewinder SCT. Its certainly isn't as smooth as the systems that cost 3 times as much but it has good speed and torque that no other 540 motor can match.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by egaus
Hey,

I am thinking of picking one of these up. I've been looking all over for a 1/10 brushless 4WD setup.

I've picked out:

Novak Ballistic 550 Brushless "Short Course" Motor (5.5T/3700Kv)
Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro 1/10 ESC
Hitec HS-965MG Ultra Speed HD Metal Gear Servo

Do these components make a good match for this truck?

Are there any recommended/must have hop-ups I am missing?

Also, what kind of pinion would I use with that motor for good low end and decent top end running? I'm not a racer but who knows. Does the kit come w/ pinions?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

e
It only comes with one, 13T pinion. I bought a 14T aside. But yet to use it.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Hey let me know how that works out. I would like to go aluminum on my steering rack as well. Although that would put more weight on the front of the truck. Not sure if thats a good thing considering how it tends to hose dive
Old 12-18-2010, 10:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I'm gonna give that a shot too... Made 4 laps today with mine and broke the bottom arm on the servo saver off... barely got it warmed up! It pulls like a champ though! 4 laps got the esc up to 80 degrees and the motor to 90 degrees... light work for it! Got some pink BK bard glued up to the TQ truck rims, look greak and fit better than the stock wheels!

Does anyone know the size of the bearings to put in this steering rack? I'm gonna try 5X8X2.5 bearings since that the size of the bushing, hope it works...

Last edited by thecman26; 12-18-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
I'm gonna give that a shot too... Made 4 laps today with mine and broke the bottom arm on the servo saver off... barely got it warmed up! It pulls like a champ though! 4 laps got the esc up to 80 degrees and the motor to 90 degrees... light work for it! Got some pink BK bard glued up to the TQ truck rims, look greak and fit better than the stock wheels!

Does anyone know the size of the bearings to put in this steering rack? I'm gonna try 5X8X2.5 bearings since that the size of the bushing, hope it works...
Yep those bearings will work fine...I got mine here. I have used these for the past 2.5 years and am very satisfied.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.