Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
mine is 11.84mm
Thanks, are you finding you have to run it pretty tight, how many threads show off the back side of the nut?
Old 12-17-2012, 02:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
Thanks, are you finding you have to run it pretty tight, how many threads show off the back side of the nut?
Not really tight, there is a small black washer on each end of the spring. I would say 1-2mm of the shaft is exposed when tightened in the "right spot" area. Are you running the Durango slipper plates? They are gold in color, or are your plates more of a silver?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Not really tight, there is a small black washer on each end of the spring. I would say 1-2mm of the shaft is exposed when tightened in the "right spot" area. Are you running the Durango slipper plates? They are gold in color, or are your plates more of a silver?
They appear gold in color to me, I to have the washers on each end of the spring but for some reason it's not grabbing, kind of at a loss on this issue.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone??
You need a new Layshaft washer. I had the same issue and was the washer. They have a new one that is more durable but is on back order at amain.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ayshaft-Spacer
Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nolimit208
You need a new Layshaft washer. I had the same issue and was the washer. They have a new one that is more durable but is on back order at amain.

Tower has them in stock.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCMXK&P=7
Old 12-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

This one I have is brand new , was something wrong with these from the factory? So after looking at the exploded view in the manual is the supplied layshaft spacer to short not allowing it to hold the inside slipper disc out far enough so as you tighten it doesn't create tension?

Last edited by WideOpenThrottle RC; 12-17-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

some of the spacers were a bit long you could sand it down a bit.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.facebook.com/john.krizan....type=1&theater
Old 12-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Czechexican
Oh yeah!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Well I just ordered a couple, gonna pull everything apart while I wait for them to arrive. Really like the design concept of the buggy but if everything else looks fine and this doesn't solve the problem this baby is going down the road.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Well I just ordered a couple, gonna pull everything apart while I wait for them to arrive. Really like the design concept of the buggy but if everything else looks fine and this doesn't solve the problem this baby is going down the road.
Dont give up yet, it seems you have had more issues with your kit than I have ever seen..It is a very different design, and it takes a while to adjust to the differences from other cars, once you figure it out, it will be worth it IMO..
Old 12-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Take your slipper apart and wipe the plates down with motor spray and then put 2 new ae pads in and put it back together and try it again with the method I told u where u bench test it and try to get the front wheels off the table a little. It will just rule out that as an issue. I once had a bad set of pads and they coated my plates and caused my next set to slip.

If that doesn't work, then try the washer others were suggesting.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What brand of springs are you guys running? I kind of went overboard and picked up the complete Durango spring set and the Avid set as well. Not to mention several sets of Losi springs. Not sure where to begin. The Avids are ok but seem to be very "active". Losis have been pretty good, but i have no experience with the factory springs.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

check your slipper plates and make sure they go inside the spur without slipper pads. I've heard a lot of problems with the Avid Triad slipper plates being slightly too big and not making proper contact with the pads. Haven't heard of this issues with Durango, but may be the aftermarket spur. I have nearly 4mm of threads showing on my top shaft, but the traction was really up friday night, usually not that tight.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
What brand of springs are you guys running? I kind of went overboard and picked up the complete Durango spring set and the Avid set as well. Not to mention several sets of Losi springs. Not sure where to begin. The Avids are ok but seem to be very "active". Losis have been pretty good, but i have no experience with the factory springs.
Avid Yellow and Yellow on large outdoor medium traction track. I also run the DIMEC+8 and a Shorty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.