Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Man, seriously no one has said anything unreasonable to you. They are asking you to help them in order to help you. If you at least tell what your driving style is, then someone can suggest a setup if you insist on copying one to start with. The thing is, you could copy Jorn's Reedy setup, but if you don't drive with his precision it likely won't work for you. Cush's clay setup on PetitRC works awesome for him- he drives the very hard and likes a ton of steering. If that's not what you like, it likely wont work for you either. The best thing to do is record what your current setup is, and then say "it does this or doesn't do that". If the only thing you can't figure is shock oil in the current setup, we can get that sorted once we know what springs and pistons are on it.
I wouldnt bother trying to help this guy anymore as he has proven himself to be an idiot. Agreed in time to move on. I dont have the car now I am seriously considering going back to it. I have an RB5 now and thinking of the RB6, But I did like the 210 alot when I had it, and $450.00 for a car is crazy.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SMcD
Stiffen up the rear. Toe out the front. My work is done here
lol
Old 08-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
lol
He forgot to tell the guy to run square fuzzies on all tires.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is there a big difference between the gear diff and ball diff looking to get the grear diff but still wondering !!!
and what oil is recomkmended for a hard clay track
thanks
Old 08-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pete68
is there a big difference between the gear diff and ball diff looking to get the grear diff but still wondering !!!
and what oil is recomkmended for a hard clay track
thanks
I can't answer the first part (curious myself), but it seems a lot of guys are using black grease on the gears only (no oil).
SoCal
Old 08-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I've found it vastly depends on your driving style, if you are point and shoot, go ball diff. If you have a more flowing style gear it. That's my experience. I'm sure others feel different.

Also I would say mod only, for some reason I couldn't get it to feel right with a blinky 17.5 and it weighs more
Old 08-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Guys thought I'd share my latest setup for outdoor w/pics of the track it was run on. Track was pretty rough and rutted. Hard packed clay/dirt mix with loose stuff in some spots. Loose when dry. Med traction when damp. Lmk if anyone has questions.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
He asks a question and then starts attacking people. I see one of these every so often. Time to move on.
All I did is ask a very simple question..just wanted a good starting point (set up sheet)..what I got was smart ass answers and replays such as yours, you are right it is time to move on. I did have a few good guys that pointed me in the right direction, but if I ever need any childish rude replys I know where to go..
Old 08-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
All I did is ask a very simple question..just wanted a good starting point (set up sheet)..what I got was smart ass answers and replays such as yours, you are right it is time to move on. I did have a few good guys that pointed me in the right direction, but if I ever need any childish rude replys I know where to go..
If you have built the buggy yourself you should have a rough idea of what shock oil you used to fill them and what pistons you used .
Old 08-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mad dog clarke
If you have built the buggy yourself you should have a rough idea of what shock oil you used to fill them and what pistons you used .
He bought the buggy used... still doesn't change the fact that when people actually tried to constructively help, he ignored them and focused instead on what he perceived to be insulting comments.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
He bought the buggy used... still doesn't change the fact that when people actually tried to constructively help, he ignored them and focused instead on what he perceived to be insulting comments.

He bought the buggy used which probably means he will tear it down and start all over and asked for a setup to build the buggy back up with and didn't ask what to change on his setup, the question he asked does not need any other info than what he asked and he asked the people than run the car for a simple setup to start with, I'm not sure how someone asking a simple question gets so many negative comments that same question is asked in almost every thread in this forum and LOTS of people suggest a setup that they have ran and liked....... Simple question deserves a simple answer
Old 08-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jammin57
He bought the buggy used which probably means he will tear it down and start all over and asked for a setup to build the buggy back up with and didn't ask what to change on his setup, the question he asked does not need any other info than what he asked and he asked the people than run the car for a simple setup to start with, I'm not sure how someone asking a simple question gets so many negative comments that same question is asked in almost every thread in this forum and LOTS of people suggest a setup that they have ran and liked....... Simple question deserves a simple answer
Everybody, it's time to move on from this. Try to be positive, patient and understanding.

And now for something completely different!

As tuneable as the dex210 already is, does anyone anticipate a radical change; e.g., a dex 210v2 or 3?

Prior to being purchased, it seemed that Durango took its time with design thus coming out with competitive platforms that did not go through revolutionary changes thus far. For example, the dex410v3 still shares many parts with the 410 (2010).

I hope they keep this evolutionary stance so we can keep upgrading vehicles and don't suddenly have to scrounge for parts. I have an RB5 SP2 and I'm wondering when I'll only be able to get parts mail order.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Everybody, it's time to move on from this. Try to be positive, patient and understanding.

And now for something completely different!

As tuneable as the dex210 already is, does anyone anticipate a radical change; e.g., a dex 210v2 or 3?

Prior to being purchased, it seemed that Durango took its time with design thus coming out with competitive platforms that did not go through revolutionary changes thus far. For example, the dex410v3 still shares many parts with the 410 (2010).

I hope they keep this evolutionary stance so we can keep upgrading vehicles and don't suddenly have to scrounge for parts. I have an RB5 SP2 and I'm wondering when I'll only be able to get parts mail order.
I don't see anything radical coming, especially considering that the buggy hasn't been out yet for a year. There's the new extended plastic chassis, maybe they'll do an extended aluminum chassis as well. I could also possibly see a move like Kyosho where they offer different length arms with different rear hingepin holders to suit different track conditions, but only from the point of view that it wouldn't require any other chassis mods amd could be done and offered reasonably. The buggy is great, why do anything drastic?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jammin57
Thank you..this was all I wanted. I was just asking guys for a solid starting point..If you guys perceived me as not wanting to accept help your incorrect, I just wanted a good indoor starting point..I did get a couple of PM's that pointed me it the right direction..thanks guys..
Old 08-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Guys thought I'd share my latest setup for outdoor w/pics of the track it was run on. Track was pretty rough and rutted. Hard packed clay/dirt mix with loose stuff in some spots. Loose when dry. Med traction when damp. Lmk if anyone has questions. ]
Nicely done. You post a pic of your set up and the track your running it on. Very helpful. Thanks.

I noticed your set up sheet says RM4. Hows that working out? Have you tried RM3? Can you describe the difference please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.