Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBuc
Anyone setup in a mid-motor 4 gear configuration yet? What are the advantages dis-advantages to the mid-motor? Everyone says it's just for indoor carpet tracks, however Hupo Hönigl (TD driver) won at oOple ‘invernational’ race which was a fast outdoor dirt track and was running mid-motor 4 gear setup. It just seems to me like you would get better stability with mid-motor.

Thoughts?
The Oople invernational was on an outdoor astroturf track.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

i can't wait to get some more track time with 210... i think i will tomorrow evening... my local track is literally 5mins from my job... i'm trying billy f setup with the front pack!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
The Oople invernational was on an outdoor astroturf track.
gotcha...wow that's some brown astroturff

http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...national-2011/
Old 10-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
reamed out 79 tooth B4 spur, 27 pinion, HW esc with not quite enough boost Motor was coming off around 120deg but I was more concerned with learning the buggy and track to worry about all out speed.
What do you use to ream out the spur gears and process. I was going to try the new JC spur gears.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBuc
gotcha...wow that's some brown astroturff

http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...national-2011/
They don't water it often.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
What do you use to ream out the spur gears and process. I was going to try the new JC spur gears.
I used a body hole reamer, worked for me
Old 10-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
i've reamed AE spurs for Schumacher cars. i used a really good reamer. it has to be very sharp. You have to slowly ream it from both sides of the spur. Make sure it's perfectly center when you ream.

I only reamed one gear and that gear lasted me for the duration of me owning the car.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Initiate

what wrenches /nut drivers are used to put the car together?
Old 10-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
i've reamed AE spurs for Schumacher cars. i used a really good reamer. it has to be very sharp. You have to slowly ream it from both sides of the spur. Make sure it's perfectly center when you ream.

I only reamed one gear and that gear lasted me for the duration of me owning the car.
Very cool. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Torres
what wrenches /nut drivers are used to put the car together?
5.5 & 7mm nut drivers
.05, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 Hex drivers

I think that covers it
Old 10-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I was at a ROAR regional race over the weekend and had a bit of an experience worth sharing...

I got there and traded a 4x4 CORR for a 22 with another guy there. Threw electronics in it and a setup at it. Ran 4/4 Qualifiers with it and liked it. (this is the second 22 I have owned).

Meanwhile, the hobby shop got in a DEX210 and the guy sitting across from me bought it. I told him (half jokingly) I will trade him the 22 plus a bit of cash for the 210. A little while later, he said OK.

So now it is 8pm, the last day of qualifying and I have a box of parts to screw together to make the race the next morning. Back to the hotel with my tools and started assembly. Got most of the way through it and showed up at the track with shocks needing assembled and electronics installed.

A series of goofy things happen (longer story) and I have zero time to drive/test the car with a setup I got online, but wasn't sure how close it would be, and I am walking through tech with a brand new car for my first race with it. Put the car down and the slipper was loose. A friend cranked that down. Still slipping - Must be the diff. He used another friends pocket knife to hold screw and turn the wheel. Much better.

Cars are on course lined up and checked in, just waiting for me.

Radio set to the car and the sub-trim for the steering is off - a lot. Got that almost close and took a jump - Nice! Flew well and accelerates well (good traction). around two slow corners and pin the throttle - The car turned into a fast dump truck pushing its way (almost no steering at full throttle) out to the edge of the track and over a jump and over the wall. Car picked up and put back on course without a steering link. Friend found that and fixed that then lined up to race.

Alex the announcer says, "Cool looking car, but what is that?"
Me and a few people yell out that it is the new Durango.
Alex responds, "When did you finish that?"
"Last night/this morning!"
"your a brave man bring a new car to this race!"

And a couple of seconds later the tone was going off and the race started.

I knew I had little steering on power, but was fast and stable over jumps, so I learned what the car wanted and set sail as best I could.

The car was AWESOME on the bumpy bits, flew perfectly through the air and landed with grace. It was like an extra stable Losi 22.

I liked the Losi, but had more assurance in how it was handling bumps and gave me an extra margin for error. I finished one spot ahead of where I qualified, I believe, and after a bit of steering added in, this car will be pretty dialed.

I am a happy owner and look forward to lots of track time with this car. Just need more steering.

My initial changes to the setup I found in a panic were to move the rear arms all the way back (from center), Use the inline hub inserts up front (from 4-trailing) and remove 1 camber spacer (from 2) on the inside of the front of the car. Plan on playing with front droop next (never set at all). I am jealous of you guys with "tons of steering" but am sneaking up on it.

For the race, I would say that the car was at 50% of where I wanted it. After small changes, it is at 80%. Pretty awesome car though - The shocks are some of the best I have felt and the diff is super smooth. Little changes are noticeable and the handling is top notch. Just need steering!

Edit - I was running in Blinky mode stock class with 17.5's. I reamed out a B4 72t spur and ran a 35t pinion. It was easy to make the spur gear work, just a little at a time from each side till it fits tight.

Last edited by sparkwraps; 10-24-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Spur gear addition
Old 10-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Our Tresrey 210 layout. If your running a larger SP ESC maybe this will give you an idea on layout.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-20111024_2152850.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-20111024_2152851.jpg  
Old 10-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Konich
Our Tresrey 210 layout. If your running a larger SP ESC maybe this will give you an idea on layout.
Exactly how I have my LPF mounted!!! However my wires are routed through the bottom center of shock tower.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Check out that shiny new red motor! Just can't get enough of the red
Old 10-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

Can't see the capcitor. Where did you mount that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.