Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
In addition, I 'think' when I went to the Exotek Mid bulkhead it wasn't needed? I could be wrong though.
I see them in this picture:

But in the picture with the Durango RR hanger, they're not installed. I guess I could just switch to Exotek RR hangers since they don't use them at all.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
I see them in this picture:

But in the picture with the Durango RR hanger, they're not installed. I guess I could just switch to Exotek RR hangers since they don't use them at all.
Only if you are running HRC. IF LRC then you need the spacers.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Only if you are running HRC. IF LRC then you need the spacers.
I was talking about these things. I'm pretty sure they have nothing to do with the roll center.

Durango DEX210 Thread-exotek-inserts.png
Old 11-03-2016, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

I was talking about these things. I'm pretty sure they have nothing to do with the roll center.

Attachment 1394764
Kremzeek,
I know what your talking about. You mentioned the RR hangers from exotek don't need them. That is only the original HRC that don't need the spacers. The LRC ones still need the spacers. I might have a couple extra plastic ones since I am using the exotek ones. I will look tomorrow and let you know.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Any more feedback on the the racers using the new exotec sideways battery chassis? Looks like a nice conversion kit for the buggy. Any feedback on it would be great.

Jeff
Old 11-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

I see what you mean now about the HRC vs the LRC. Makes you wonder why they were needed in the first place with the DEX210v1 and the trucks.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:46 AM
psl
Tech Adept

I run the Exotek MM chassis. It is nice! I run on an indoor dirt track. The first few weeks I struggled with the set up and being rusty from taking the summer off. I then switched over the the v2 base dirt set up and a few small changes to the shocks and the buggy is great! What a difference.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

I see what you mean now about the HRC vs the LRC. Makes you wonder why they were needed in the first place with the DEX210v1 and the trucks.
Wish exotek would make a RR hanger that was LRC and an insert to adjust Toe, and was "full bodied" so it wouldn't need the spacers like the HRC!!
Old 11-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rekim
I called tower to see when the dex is due in again and they are going to call me back to let me know
Hi,

Have you heard back from Tower?

cheers
Old 11-05-2016, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asalas
Hi,

Have you heard back from Tower?

cheers
No they said it could take a bit though
Old 11-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rekim
No they said it could take a bit though
It's only been like 6 months.. what's a little bit more?
Old 11-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

It's only been like 6 months.. what's a little bit more?
Something's definitely happening over at TD. the vehicles are all coming up as "unavailable". Not discontinued or out of stock but unavailable. Could we be seeing an internal restructuring of TD? I was able to buy the 410v5 but even it was seriously discounted under the term "club special". It looks like as soon as on hand stock runs out, that's it for an undisclosed amount of time. Tower is one of TD's largest and most influential distributors in the US so the fact that they don't have them and can't even order them says something for sure.... TD's webpage reflects the same thing. Are there no Team drivers on here to let us know what is happening?
Old 11-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Team Drivers? Do they have any left?

Your guess is as good as mine. I've heard all sorts of rumors and theories over the last few months but one thing is clear, things are not good in Durango land. The biggest sign to me is that its been more than 2 weeks since they updated their FB page. Not that they ever communicated with their customers, but they'd at least post a picture of someone's car every day or two.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Team Drivers? Do they have any left?

Your guess is as good as mine. I've heard all sorts of rumors and theories over the last few months but one thing is clear, things are not good in Durango land. The biggest sign to me is that its been more than 2 weeks since they updated their FB page. Not that they ever communicated with their customers, but they'd at least post a picture of someone's car every day or two.
Yeah, the only reason I'm really noticing it is because I'm buying and outfitting (or I was at least) a full Durango lineup to run in the spring. I bought the Dex210v3 a long while back. I've been busy rebuilding my desc210 and dest210 for the last couple months so I wasn't paying attention. Last week I bought the dex410v5 and thought the discount was weird. Then today I go to buy the DEX8T and DNX8 only to find them "unavailable". Further research reveals the only vehicles still available are the DEX410V5, DEX410V4 in limited quantity and the DEX8....likely only because they have them in stock. Man....... Of course this happens after investing in the full rebuild and parts stock up of two trucks and the 410V5 along with another truck and buggy within this year... Lol I chose Team Durango over Team C earlier this year as my alternate brand because I said to myself "they just released two new 1/8 cars, a Truggy along with a new SCT and wheeler plus they updated their mainstay buggy. Then they release the 210f..this brand is solid". Figures... Lol. I need to make a quick decision on whether to jump ship to Team C before investing in the 1/8 side of the house or not. I always buy from Tower but the unavailable TD vehicles can still be found for sale with some searching. If the ship is sinking.... I want to get off of it.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan_r
Yeah, the only reason I'm really noticing it is because I'm buying and outfitting (or I was at least) a full Durango lineup to run in the spring. I bought the Dex210v3 a long while back. I've been busy rebuilding my desc210 and dest210 for the last couple months so I wasn't paying attention. Last week I bought the dex410v5 and thought the discount was weird. Then today I go to buy the DEX8T and DNX8 only to find them "unavailable". Further research reveals the only vehicles still available are the DEX410V5, DEX410V4 in limited quantity and the DEX8....likely only because they have them in stock. Man....... Of course this happens after investing in the full rebuild and parts stock up of two trucks and the 410V5 along with another truck and buggy within this year... Lol I chose Team Durango over Team C earlier this year as my alternate brand because I said to myself "they just released two new 1/8 cars, a Truggy along with a new SCT and wheeler plus they updated their mainstay buggy. Then they release the 210f..this brand is solid". Figures... Lol. I need to make a quick decision on whether to jump ship to Team C before investing in the 1/8 side of the house or not. I always buy from Tower but the unavailable TD vehicles can still be found for sale with some searching. If the ship is sinking.... I want to get off of it.
Depends what you're looking for. Team C TM4 is still very strong and they'll probably only make minor updates to it, which is good (maybe better parts support - hopefully). I hear the Tm2 is getting a further update to the Tm2v2. I hear no immediate changes to their mid motor 2wd.

Check the Team C forum as there's a new guy who is going to help get US parts support back up and running.

I hear Durango is up for sale so you may be waiting a while for things to get resolved. They're still neat cars. I had the 210 (v1) and 410 v3. Wasn't a huge fan of the 210, but the 410 was a great car. I prefer my TM4 though but I've not driven a 410 v5 to be fair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.