Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks again guys. I've thought about increasing toe-in, but not sure on how far I should go. I'm a little scared about losing a lot of straight line speed when doing this. As far as battery placement, I am running a full size lipo, so not much room to play with there.

I am running 4k in the diff with 4 gears.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fearo
Thanks again guys. I've thought about increasing toe-in, but not sure on how far I should go. I'm a little scared about losing a lot of straight line speed when doing this. As far as battery placement, I am running a full size lipo, so not much room to play with there.

I am running 4k in the diff with 4 gears.
3' should be the safe default for astro, a bit less of you have lots of rear grip.

If you are running 4k and four gear then I would put money on something being wrong with something on the car, my car on astro is very docile.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Summer off-road season has just started up here and the car has been running great but a 'simple' thing is now holding me back -

Do any other car's spur gear covers fit the 210???

Mine are broken beyond repair. What about the aluminum one that Exotek used to make??? Tried finding one of those but to no avail.

Help!
Old 06-14-2017, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CeeGee
Summer off-road season has just started up here and the car has been running great but a 'simple' thing is now holding me back -

Do any other car's spur gear covers fit the 210???

Mine are broken beyond repair. What about the aluminum one that Exotek used to make??? Tried finding one of those but to no avail.

Help!
Hey bud, I've got a couple NIB kits on the way (bought them for bodies to sent to TBG) so I'll have a couple gear covers available soon. I'll get you one for the price of postage. I should start seeing kits today or tomorrow. Pm me so I know who you are and we can talk.

On that note, doesn't Exotek make batches of things of there is demand? I think there is a demand for gear covers. I know I'd buy 5 or 6 the first day they were released. The Exotek piece is really nice and lasts.

Also, the trick with the stock covers is not to tighten them down very tight. A solution I've been using is to pick up a pack of o-rings, TD330609, and use them as washers. They have enough give to secure the rear cover while allowing some play to prevent the ears from cracking off. The trick is to use purple locktite and just snug them up.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Granted I can't get out to race either of my cars for a while, I did pinch my pennies for a few weeks to save up the extra dough to put this combo in Fred's custom DEX210. This buggy is getting special treatment. My other two 17.5 cars are running on old used electronics lol But if all goes well, I might be able to at least get a practice day by mid-summer to compare my two DEX210's and see if my driving style caters to Fred's choice of parts

Old 06-15-2017, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Granted I can't get out to race either of my cars for a while, I did pinch my pennies for a few weeks to save up the extra dough to put this combo in Fred's custom DEX210. This buggy is getting special treatment. My other two 17.5 cars are running on old used electronics lol But if all goes well, I might be able to at least get a practice day by mid-summer to compare my two DEX210's and see if my driving style caters to Fred's choice of parts

You're going to like that Maclan gear. I'm running it in a few cars qnd it's been really really good. With stuff like this available, I'm really starting to question why I spend more $$ on Orion stuff.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan_r
You're going to like that Maclan gear. I'm running it in a few cars qnd it's been really really good. With stuff like this available, I'm really starting to question why I spend more $$ on Orion stuff.
lol I am still trying to wrap my head around the HMX10 price tag. And here I thought paying $200 for the Mmax was hard on a wallet. Maybe when more 32-bit ESC's come out, Orion will be forced to lower the price.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EbbTide
lol I am still trying to wrap my head around the HMX10 price tag. And here I thought paying $200 for the Mmax was hard on a wallet. Maybe when more 32-bit ESC's come out, Orion will be forced to lower the price.
Shoot I doubt it man, that's just Team Orion. And I need two 1/8 scale Orion systems right now... Shuddering at the thought. I saw pre order pricing for the HMX8 and it's like $525.Thats over a grand for two Esc's.

The Maclan stuff has been fantastic and I unfortunately did have to deal with customer service a while back and THAT was fantastic as well.

On another note- You guys ever have those days at the track where everything is just wrong? I practice 3 days a week for about 6 hours per day. Usually I don't really pay much attention to worrying about wrecks or mechanical failures because they just don't happen that much. But every once in a while, the day just sucks. I can't explain what causes it. Maybe something in the back of my mind that's keeping me from focusing, maybe it's too hot out. Didn't sleep right.. Who knows. Having one of those days all week. The cars suck, my driving sucks lol. On Monday during the very first lap something shattered in the front diff of my 410V5, then while limping it in I stuffed the front end into the face of a jump because of how slow I was going, only to shatter the upper shock bolts on the front tower.... Desc210 didn't get one run in because the solder joint let go on one bullet and I forgot my soldering iron.

Today, dex210v2. I just can't get my groove going. My rhythm is off and I'm lacking confidence. The result is no less than 11 walks of shame on the first battery alone. Now I'm soaked because it's freaking 98° out at high noon. Battery number two, I'm focusing on hitting the perfect line everytime I'm every corner, not how fast I'm going. Doing a little better,3 walks in 6 minutes. Then I case a small jump at slow speed and rip the front right shock shaft out of the lower eye. So I grab the DEX8 instead. Let's fix the problem with power. First lap and I'm on my lid twice.... I call it a day. Just one of those freak days... All week.

There is something satisfyingly exhilarating about flying through a ten minute run when everything clicks. You're tuned in, connected and the car is beating the track. At the end your heart is racing, you're analyzing everything the car was doing in your head. Those are what make productive training weeks awesome.

This is the opposite of all that. This happen to anyone else or am I just crazy?
Old 06-16-2017, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default What's going on in Europe right now?

Usually when I break a part, I first go to my supply and replace it. Immediately afterwards though I jump on the web and source new parts to replace what I broke. This is how I've ended up with a substantial supply of replacement parts for all my Durango's.

However this is something I've been seeing a lot lately, when it comes to shipping parts from Europe to the US, it's as if they want to make a bunch of money by gouging the shipping costs.

Attached is a screenshot from the checkout page of a shop in Germany. This price you see is to ship two packs of ball cups. These parts for in an ENVELOPE that you mail a letter in. Furthermore, I buy and sell stuff all over the world all the time. I just shipped an entire KIT from the US to France for over half what they want to ship these two tiny packages of ball cups.... What's going on here?
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-screenshot_20170616-225927.jpg  
Old 06-17-2017, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

And the fun continues, worked late into the night fixing all the broken stuff that happened throughout the week....only to oversleep and miss the race today..lol

On a positive note, I've almost gotten all the impossible to find Durango bodies collected for Team Blue Groove.

I currently have or have on the way:

DEX210V1
DEX210V2

DEX410V4 KUELER
DEX410V5

DESC210R
DEST210R

DEX8
DNX8
DESC410R AND VARIANTS

I still need a brand new DEX210V3 body. I'd by a complete kit for it if I could find any of those. Anybody have one or want to help? This will be worthwhile as we won't have issues getting body's anymore.

Can anyone think of any other bodies that are hard to get?
Old 06-17-2017, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan_r
And the fun continues, worked late into the night fixing all the broken stuff that happened throughout the week....only to oversleep and miss the race today..lol

I still need a brand new DEX210V3 body. I'd by a complete kit for it if I could find any of those. Anybody have one or want to help? This will be worthwhile as we won't have issues getting body's anymore.

Can anyone think of any other bodies that are hard to get?
They have a DEX210V3 at Front Line Hobbies Alan_r.
https//www.frontlinehobbies.com.au Its on page 5 of the buggy list. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Wheel Nut; 06-17-2017 at 03:13 PM. Reason: .
Old 06-17-2017, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wheel Nut
They have a DEX210V3 at Front Line Hobbies Alan_r.
https//www.frontlinehobbies.com.au Its on page 5 of the buggy list. Hope this helps.
There was a v3 body on eBay a week or two ago. Not sure if it's still available. I'm guessing not.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
There was a v3 body on eBay a week or two ago. Not sure if it's still available. I'm guessing not.
Nevermind. Was a v2
Old 06-17-2017, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

I'd prefer to not pay shipping from AUSTRALIA on a kit I don't really need....but thanks I'll backburner that until things get desperate.

Shoot Krem....how did I miss that? I live on Ebay. Buying selling you name it...It's a big place though and I've found rare things that have little interest just because the seller listed it in the wrong category. Hell I just picked up a NICE complete with vintage running gear A stamp RC10 with hardly a scratch on it top or bottom for just under 120, because it was listed in car parts: Interior. Random place but it got no views, so I got it for quite a bit less than it would have sold for. BUT A V3 BODY! DAMN. I almost wish you would have PM'd or posted a link or something....hell, if you'd of bought it I would have doubled your money instantly.....lol...oh well, there will be more. Thx
Old 06-17-2017, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Lol, as you were typing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.