Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by iDesign5
Thank you I'm pretty optimistic about the chassis. Been taking note as to the changes you guys have throughout the thread and inquired about a Plan B setup today.
This may be a dumb question but regarding the buggy you picked up, how do you know it's not set up 4 gear MM?? Did you open up the trannny yet?? That's why the motor plate may be on the other side. Just sayin.

Also, are talking about plan B chassis or Exotek chassis??
Old 08-29-2016, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
This may be a dumb question but regarding the buggy you picked up, how do you know it's not set up 4 gear MM?? Did you open up the trannny yet?? That's why the motor plate may be on the other side. Just sayin.

Also, are talking about plan B chassis or Exotek chassis??
No its MM3, and the Plan B RC kit because Plan B is somewhat local for me. I'm probably going to leave it a DIMEC chassis for the time being. I just grabbed it because it was a roller for $45 to be honest.

Last edited by iDesign5; 08-29-2016 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 08-30-2016, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

No its MM3, and the Plan B RC kit because Plan B is somewhat local for me. I'm probably going to leave it a DIMEC chassis for the time being. I just grabbed it because it was a roller for $45 to be honest.
Sounds good!!!
Old 08-30-2016, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Sounds good!!!
It has a good pedigree with pretty good success and like many have also said, I enjoy being different too. Everything is either Losi or Associated around here so I kind of get a certain sense of enjoyment out of "What is that?!"

Last edited by iDesign5; 08-30-2016 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-30-2016, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

It has a good pedigree with pretty good success and like many have also said, I enjoy being different too. Everything is either Losi or Associated around here so I kind of get a certain sense of enjoyment out of "What is that?!"
Exactly. And w/ exotek or plan B Chasis u should kick butt!!
Old 08-30-2016, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

One question I do have and I'm sure its somewhere in the last 1200 pages lol...

I have the v2 DIMEC - what bodies fit this version. It seems like its a different body with every version released.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:36 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

One question I do have and I'm sure its somewhere in the last 1200 pages lol...

I have the v2 DIMEC - what bodies fit this version. It seems like its a different body with every version released.
For proper fitment - the original +8 cab forward, v2 and v3 bodies work.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:03 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

well the race I was going to run this weekend got cancelled so the next race is next week at a larger track. After that race, I'll probably have some extra spares and upgrades for the dex210 up for sale it looks like, possibly a V2 +8mm body new as well depending on which way I go chassis wise.

So if that would interest anyone feel free to him me up beforehand. Just been hectic this week with getting a new crown on a tooth and the oh so fun root canal!

I did get some tires glued up that I was going to use.

Anyone got opinions on how the Jconcepts Green compound compares to prolines M3 compound. I know the green is supposed to be supersoft, but it feels slightly stiffer than prolines M3 or maybe just not as sticky when I was comparing some rear double dees to the front holeshots I got.

Also, do you guys feel the exotek servo mounts are worth the money?
Old 08-31-2016, 07:02 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
well the race I was going to run this weekend got cancelled so the next race is next week at a larger track. After that race, I'll probably have some extra spares and upgrades for the dex210 up for sale it looks like, possibly a V2 +8mm body new as well depending on which way I go chassis wise.

So if that would interest anyone feel free to him me up beforehand. Just been hectic this week with getting a new crown on a tooth and the oh so fun root canal!

I did get some tires glued up that I was going to use.

Anyone got opinions on how the Jconcepts Green compound compares to prolines M3 compound. I know the green is supposed to be supersoft, but it feels slightly stiffer than prolines M3 or maybe just not as sticky when I was comparing some rear double dees to the front holeshots I got.

Also, do you guys feel the exotek servo mounts are worth the money?
The Exotek Servo mounts are nice. Basically the aluminum ones are stiffer but to me the screw holes won't strip out like sometimes the side ones on my plastic ones do. Just wish I could get red or black ones. I like J Concepts but switched to Proline because of the softer insert and more importantly tire availability. Been running mainly Proline for the last half of are indoor season and never looked back. I always found Holeshots to be better over DD's.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:12 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

thanks. Out here I am thinking less overall pin count that the DD has versus the holeshot could be a benefit. If fluffier, will go with the flip outs.

I will say though the proline blockadge in M4 I ran last time worked quite well, maybe not ideal but very well though.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
thanks. Out here I am thinking less overall pin count that the DD has versus the holeshot could be a benefit. If fluffier, will go with the flip outs.

I will say though the proline blockadge in M4 I ran last time worked quite well, maybe not ideal but very well though.
I will say I have at least a pair of just about every buggy tire JConcepts has made and I feel like the JConcepts Green is the same stickiness but feel a little more solid in the case of the Double Dee's in regards to pins not wanting to roll over as much under load.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So with all of the OEM bodies being out of stock everywhere, what are you guys running on a V2 or V3?
Old 09-01-2016, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bdyche
So with all of the OEM bodies being out of stock everywhere, what are you guys running on a V2 or V3?
Order a new exotek chassis and either a losi 22 3.0 or consensus looks like a B5m JC body may fit better. Problem solved... LOL
Old 09-01-2016, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bdyche
I think I'm going to go this route. I just found this by mistake to be honest, if the link works

http://m.ebay.com/itm/272330816032
Old 09-02-2016, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think I'm going to go this route. I just found this by mistake to be honest, if the link works

http://m.ebay.com/itm/272330816032
If the cab of that body were about an inch and a half farther back, it would be downright gorgeous.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.