Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 06:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by syntex1

running Nosram Comet behind battery.

Nice ! The only thing i need to do on my with the 4 gear mid is to zip tie or route the motor wires a different way so it doesn't get in the way when i put the body on.

I did remove the Front battery spacer and the Rear of course so i could move the Shorty pack around more i noticed that it was better with the battery move forward than toward the Rear .

Although i could push the buggy harder with the Shorty pushed toward the Rear.

I noticed you mounted the Receiver in the back of the servo ? I may try that .
Old 12-02-2014, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

my mid-motor
Old 12-02-2014, 06:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Marco926
my mid-motor

How do you like the esc toward the Front ? The reason why i mounted my toward the Rear with the 4 gear mid was to get more weight on the Rear end since the mid motor puts more weight toward the Front maybe not though ? I love the rotation though with the Esc mounted behind the battery though.

Should i mount it behind the servo ?
Old 12-02-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc5 man
How do you like the esc toward the Front ? The reason why i mounted my toward the Rear with the 4 gear mid was to get more weight on the Rear end since the mid motor puts more weight toward the Front maybe not though ? I love the rotation though with the Esc mounted behind the battery though.

Should i mount it behind the servo ?
my layout will have more weight toward the end of the car since the battery is just in front of the motor, so i can get more acceleration out of corner.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LoudOne
I give up.. I thought there was something w/ the way I put the ball diff together and so I opted for the gear diff.. I even installed the AVID slipper along w/ the AVID Durango upgrade... I compared the speed w/ my Losi 22.. same battery.. it's like a night and day difference.. what could possibly be wrong w/ the DEX210? I have never had a problem building a buggy like this before.. Associated, Losi, X-Ray, Kyosho... Any suggestions?

You never came back to the other thread you started so here are my suggestions:

What is the FDR of both cars?

The internals are different:
Internal ratio : 2.43 TLR
Internal ratio : 2.6 durango

So matching spur/pinion the same wont result the same FDR.
Also the Durango mesh sounds tight... Tight=slow
Old 12-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

...my mid motor... too

I finally designed/milled that last little top brace. I orginally planned on just using a turnbuckle like on the centro, but the rear flexed way too much. It's much stiffer with this new top brace, although it does obstruct the body a little. Eh... it's a prototype. Anyway, hitting the track with it tomorrow to see how it drives.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Prophet

I never asked this but how to you guys brake right on these 2wd on a straightaway going into a turn without spinning out ? I turned my brakes down to 30% oon my radio i have a Novak GTB as you know you cant get a program card for. So when i turn the brakes down a lot i have to mess with the throttle trim to get it from moving its wheels.

I can do the letting off the throttle a little early and get easy on the throttle when the buggy is pointed straighter like a point and shoot style . I did try the a little drag brake but man its rough on the gears and bearings using that.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here is my layout in MM with ESC infront of the Shorty battery

I used to run RM and ESC behind the Battery but MM is my personal reference it feels better to me even in Low grip but its not faster than RM in low grip conditions obviously.

@ TC5

I use %100 ESC brake setting and vary the strength in my radio depending on grip %50 for high grip 20-30% for low grip.

I personally don't like drag brake either but tracks I run on are not indoor tracks.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

my mid!!!
Old 12-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Pittster
Here is my layout in MM with ESC infront of the Shorty battery

I used to run RM and ESC behind the Battery but MM is my personal reference it feels better to me even in Low grip but its not faster than RM in low grip conditions obviously.

@ TC5

I use %100 ESC brake setting and vary the strength in my radio depending on grip %50 for high grip 20-30% for low grip.

I personally don't like drag brake either but tracks I run on are not indoor tracks.

I run the 4 gear mid motor also with the ESC toward the Rear and the battery pushed forward i guess having the ESC in front with mid motor is better or just personal preference ?

i have minumium brake setting on the esc and 30% brake on the radio . Its not easy to set the brake or drag brake on that ESC lol.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default exotek direct spur mount?

Hi,

Exotek has a direct spur mount; I'm curious because i only race stock 17.5.

www . exotekracing.com/dex210-direct-spur-mount
(can't post links yet... first post. please remove spaces.)

It says it's good for stock class and oval... can someone help me understand why? this is interesting and seems as though it might put more power to the ground.

Not sure if it matters, but i usually race mid-traction, carpet, 17.5 mm4. Pretty small track with some corners and smaller jumps.

thanks everyone for your help and great content.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joefromct
Hi,

It says it's good for stock class and oval... can someone help me understand why? this is interesting and seems as though it might put more power to the ground.

Not sure if it matters, but i usually race mid-traction, carpet, 17.5 mm4. Pretty small track with some corners and smaller jumps.

The direct spur mount lets you run 64 pitch gears so you can get way more gear ratio combos and much smaller spur gears , it's also less rotating mass and no slipper pads so quicker acceleration.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:44 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joefromct
Hi,

http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-direct-spur-mount/
It removes any slip in the drive train to put the power directly to the ground, be careful as this can also mean more strain on the drive train under acceleration/deceleration.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

in 17.5 many have the slipper all the way tight so this takes off a lo of rotating mass, so lower motor temps. Between that, the top shaft and the gear diff with LW outdrives and plastic diff gears, it makes the drivetrain very light and very fast
Old 12-03-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I am assuming this slipper eliminator mount you don't want to use on loose tracks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.