Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 07:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LethalZZR
Hello I am thinking of getting the dex210 rtr to start in 2wd

Will I be competitive the the rtr?

If not what would I need to make sure I am?

Thank you
I think the electronics aren't bad for an RTR, being Speed Passion based. Motor is a 13.5 so you'd need to swap it out if you wanted to run Stock (17.5).

Servo if I recall is average and I think the Ackerman arm maybe plastic so thats worth replacing.

Obviously you'll need tires, which is 80% of your track setup at least.

The car is actually discontinued so you may get it for a decent price and then can upgrade to some of the new v2 parts like gearbox, ballcups, towers, arms etc.

I would probably just get a v2 kit (a few used ones on here or even better buy new) and then look for an economic electronics package, like the HW Justock combo and great if your just getting into it..
Old 12-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I just picked up a DEX210v2. I also have the DEX210v1. I love the way my original DEX runs. Trying to get my V2 to run the same way. Having a little trouble. Are the suspension geometry is the same with both cars? Also is there a base set up for mid motor 4 gear?
Old 12-29-2014, 10:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ohiostatechamp
I just picked up a DEX210v2. I also have the DEX210v1. I love the way my original DEX runs. Trying to get my V2 to run the same way. Having a little trouble. Are the suspension geometry is the same with both cars? Also is there a base set up for mid motor 4 gear?

Ive only ran the V2 i think the shock towers , suspension arms , shocks, Gearboxs are different than the V1 . I think the geometry is the same with the V2 not exactly sure though .

The base setup is just what the manuel says . What are trying to get from the V2 with the handling ?
Old 12-29-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am trying to get more steering. Right now it pushes on power and off power real bad. I am running mid motor 4gear transmission.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:12 AM
Tech Prophet

I am trying to get more steering. Right now it pushes on power and off power real bad. I am running mid motor 4gear transmission.

Yea my does the samething when on power. What tires are you using on the front because i used Ions which has a taller bar type tread than the Rear ions and they caused a bad push . Soon as i switched to some AKA Handlebars up Front the push went away all around.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

I run for panther so my front tires are kind of limited. The tire I was using is a 4 rib tire. Panther does have a treaded front tire. next time I will give that a try. Maybe it was just my tire selection this weekend. But any suggestions on set up would be helpful.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:30 AM
Tech Prophet

I run for panther so my front tires are kind of limited. The tire I was using is a 4 rib tire. Panther does have a treaded front tire. next time I will give that a try. Maybe it was just my tire selection this weekend. But any suggestions on set up would be helpful.

Oh ok . Setup wise i been using stock springs 32w/30w with the stock shock pistons but i am going to try out the rate stiffer springs on the Front or Rear . Ride Height my Front arms are at 20mm and Rear 20mm. Shocks out on the Rear arms below .

Before anything try different tires of course.

Tire wise its Slicks all around treaded tires i use Handlebars Front, Chainlinks Rear right now . And it has a lot of steering and grip with the 4 gear mid motor .
Old 12-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you for the information. That is exactly what I'm looking for. I happened to be the only one at the tracked it is running a Durango. That makes it kind of hard to bounce ideas off of anybody at the track. Tonight I will put my car back to backstock using the shack well wait you recommended. Then I will change my tires and go from there.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Thank you for the information. That is exactly what I'm looking for. I happened to be the only one at the tracked it is running a Durango. That makes it kind of hard to bounce ideas off of anybody at the track. Tonight I will put my car back to backstock using the shack well wait you recommended. Then I will change my tires and go from there.

No problem. Yea im the only Durango 2wd at one track but the others there is more of them i don't mind it though i like being the quote underdog name even though this buggy is just as competitive as the B5M and Losi . Got tried of running the same brand as everybody else and the lackluster quality if them.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

There used to be a good amount of Durango cars at the track. However because of the ball cup issue that Durango had with this buggy a lot of the drivers drop the car and went with a different vehicle. I enjoy listening to other drivers tell me how that car will never last the race.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Prophet

There used to be a good amount of Durango cars at the track. However because of the ball cup issue that Durango had with this buggy a lot of the drivers drop the car and went with a different vehicle. I enjoy listening to other drivers tell me how that car will never last the race.

The new ball cups on the V2 have gave me 0 issues still tight and smooth ive hit walls landed wrong never came off. Yea i do to if i beat them they stop talking

I forgot to say i do run a Gear diff with 4k in it on this buggy.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:14 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Never had problems with my original DEX210 but it was a pain in the ass to work on and to be honest the parts didn't fit a near as nicely as other brands I have built. Overall the car worked pretty good but it did push almost all the time. New V2 version is much easier to work on but I doubt the parts fit is much better and it is much more confusing to change caster and toe in with the interchangeable blocks compared to my B5 where the parts fit perfectly. I had alum rear hubs from Durango and never ran them as the toe in blocks fit so tightly in them that everything would bind up without major dremel work. Kinda wasted 40 plus on rear hubs that could never be used. Shocks where pretty nice overall but when you look at all the Durango setups you don't find too many that are similier like you would on the B5 or 22. Everyone is so all over on spring combos, pistons and oils its really hard to find a common starting place. Still I do like the car and from what I saw Great Planes has pretty much everything in stock for it so that would make ordering stuff for it pretty nice.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by wyd
Never had problems with my original DEX210 but it was a pain in the ass to work on and to be honest the parts didn't fit a near as nicely as other brands I have built. Overall the car worked pretty good but it did push almost all the time. New V2 version is much easier to work on but I doubt the parts fit is much better and it is much more confusing to change caster and toe in with the interchangeable blocks compared to my B5 where the parts fit perfectly. I had alum rear hubs from Durango and never ran them as the toe in blocks fit so tightly in them that everything would bind up without major dremel work. Kinda wasted 40 plus on rear hubs that could never be used. Shocks where pretty nice overall but when you look at all the Durango setups you don't find too many that are similier like you would on the B5 or 22. Everyone is so all over on spring combos, pistons and oils its really hard to find a common starting place. Still I do like the car and from what I saw Great Planes has pretty much everything in stock for it so that would make ordering stuff for it pretty nice.

The parts on the V2 seemed to fit good for me the plastics are quite good compared to what the other two brands ive had before. Setup wise its not much different than any other 2wd really i think the usual mess with the shock oils, camber, shock angles. The stock setup is not bad a little soft for the tracks here go up and weight on the oil or springs its much better .
Old 12-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah got to agree with you on the shock thing. With the Durango there is not just one common set up. Too many pistons, oil, spring combinations. Where should you start? I know the base set up for the old car was horrible unless you were on carpet. Theset up I have on my original DEX isn't even close to what the manual says. That is why I am a little hesitant to use the manual set up.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Yeah got to agree with you on the shock thing. With the Durango there is not just one common set up. Too many pistons, oil, spring combinations. Where should you start? I know the base set up for the old car was horrible unless you were on carpet. Theset up I have on my original DEX isn't even close to what the manual says. That is why I am a little hesitant to use the manual set up.

The V2 manuel has setups for high bite , low bite, Carpet/Astro surfaces on the back of it. The setup i have should work good as a baseline for you with the 4 gear mid motor.

Honestly though i tune to my driving and the way i like it to handle you know everybody is different. Pro setups rarely work for most joe drivers like me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.