Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie to electric

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Newbie to electric

So I have decided that I am finally going to make the move to electric for the time being. I am going to buy a 3905 Emaxx and use it for just general bashing.

I need help deciding on What batteries and charger to buy. I like these ones:

Hyperion EOS 0606i

With

two SMC 2S1P Hard Case Li-Poly

Are those Lipo's good? Is the Charger any good? Will the charger charge both packs at once? Anything I should know, anything else you recommend?

Any other suggestions?
Old 03-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats a good start. Im not sure about the emaxx ESC but the novak lipo cut-off doesnt work. I now it doesnt work for the slash but im not sure about the emaxx.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiLST
So I have decided that I am finally going to make the move to electric for the time being. I am going to buy a 3905 Emaxx and use it for just general bashing.

I need help deciding on What batteries and charger to buy. I like these ones:

Hyperion EOS 0606i

With

two SMC 2S1P Hard Case Li-Poly

Are those Lipo's good? Is the Charger any good? Will the charger charge both packs at once? Anything I should know, anything else you recommend?

Any other suggestions?

Those batteries are great. I have used my SMCs for a long time.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I've been using the Hyperion duo and smc batteries for awhile Both are verygood choices.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by porkey
Thats a good start. Im not sure about the emaxx ESC but the novak lipo cut-off doesnt work. I now it doesnt work for the slash but im not sure about the emaxx.
I just bought 2 SMC 28C 5000mAh with the novak Cut-off for my 3905, I haven't had a chance to use them because I'm waiting for my balancer....What problem did you have with the Novak cut-off....everything I read said it was the best option for going Lipo with the EVX2.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The smart stop doesn't work on the stock Slash esc - it works on orig EVX in the 3906 or the EVX2 in the 3905 just fine.

The smart stop is wired to the battery that runs BEC, rx and servos - this batt is used more and will go low voltage 1st. Protect that batt and the other is automatically protected. There is no place on the outside of the ESC where you can get 16.8v (or 14.4v) and use a 4S smart stop, reason you use a 2S - unless you want to dig into the EVX.

If you plug one batt into the EVX and then turn switch on - if esc light comes on, thats the side that runs the bec, rx and servo - this is the side to wire the smart stop to. Note motor will not run this way. If esc light doesn't come on, thats not the side you want.

Smart stop is the best option to use on a 3905.....I'm doing it to my 3906, just haven't finished since weather here is rain.....
Old 03-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

i love my hyperion and wouldnt buy anything else