Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Associated SC10 CORR Truck, whose getting one? >

Associated SC10 CORR Truck, whose getting one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated SC10 CORR Truck, whose getting one?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

To be more specific, I liked AKA medium inserts with SC10 tires in the rear and stock Traxxas tires and foam in the front. The SC10 tires with AKA inserts were good in the front too but a little too agressive exiting turns. I think with some setup changes they would work better though but I ran out of testing time.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I have not had much time to play with it but it is very smooth with no leaks. It will be interesting to try in the B4 and T4.
This is what i'm looking for. I hope Ae plan to sell complet gear diff separatly
Old 03-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Suspended

To be more specific, I liked AKA medium inserts with SC10 tires in the rear and stock Traxxas tires and foam in the front. The SC10 tires with AKA inserts were good in the front too but a little too agressive exiting turns. I think with some setup changes they would work better though but I ran out of testing time.
The traxxas are harder I guess?
Never liked matching tires, front to rear, so that sounds like an interesting combo. Thanks Rick
Old 03-19-2009, 06:10 PM
gfx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CraigV
Rick Howart has stated before that the wheels, tires, and bodies are interchangeable between the Slash and SC10.
I was hoping that was the case for the wheels, since I would like to use some Pro-Line "Epic" wheels on the SC10, but from what JDCrow says below, it doesn't look like that's gonna be possible any time soon... Unless Pro-Line has an SC10 line of wheels set to come out at the same time as the new AE truck.

Originally Posted by JDCrow
The Traxxas wheel and AE Wheel are unique to each vehicle. Traxxas uses a Hex Axle Front and Rear. AE uses the traditional Pin Rear and Bearing Front mounting method.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mister-T
This is what i'm looking for. I hope Ae plan to sell complet gear diff separatly
They will Part# ASC9827
Old 03-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

is AE going to sell quick lock wheels for the sc10? I hate the pins...
Old 03-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

it is sold separately but the trans case halves are also slightly different. SOme other small things might be as well but I am not 100% positive which pieces. In the end it will all be plug and play.

Originally Posted by Lightin'
The traxxas are harder I guess?
Never liked matching tires, front to rear, so that sounds like an interesting combo. Thanks Rick
I am not sure if it is the hardness of the tire or the tread design. You are right about matchig tires. Even with stadium trucks you usually choose different rubber compounds front to rear even when using the same tread pattern.

Originally Posted by backyardracer
is AE going to sell quick lock wheels for the sc10? I hate the pins...
That is always a possibility
Old 03-20-2009, 11:56 AM
gfx
Tech Adept

it is sold separately but the trans case halves are also slightly different. SOme other small things might be as well but I am not 100% positive which pieces. In the end it will all be plug and play.
Rick, can you confirm whether or not the Slash wheels will fit the SC10?

Thanks.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gfx
Rick, can you confirm whether or not the Slash wheels will fit the SC10?

Thanks.
Tires yes, wheels no. Slash wheels will not fit the SC10. Any tire made for the 2.2/3.0 staggered diameter wheel will fit.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

To run the gear diff setup in a B4/T4 you need to get the complete gear diff, 10x16mm bearings, gear diff tranny case, and SC10 rear plate.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Whats the advantage to the 2.2/3.0 staggered diameter wheel.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lowrance
Whats the advantage to the 2.2/3.0 staggered diameter wheel.
There is no real performance advantage. It is used so that the outer diamter is more scale and realistic. And by making the inner diameter bigger, the wheel can fit on multiple platforms - Slash/Slayer for example.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

There is no real performance advantage. It is used so that the outer diamter is more scale and realistic. And by making the inner diameter bigger, the wheel can fit on multiple platforms - Slash/Slayer for example.
So is there a disadvantage to using the staggered wheel then....as far as inserts go and whatnot.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So is there a disadvantage to using the staggered wheel then....as far as inserts go and whatnot.
Well I would think that a straight 2.2" wheel setup would make for a little bit softer ride, since there's that much extra cushion between the rim shell and the ground, i.e., they might work better on a rougher, rockier track.

Personally I'm not crazy about the 2.2/3.0" wheel. The only truck that needs it is the Slayer and while I've heard they're a blast to drive, I haven't seen much of them either on the track or in the backyard.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

I don't think there is any disadvantage. In SC10 rims you can use 1/8 inserts which are available in a wide variety for tons of tuning options.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.