MAXAMPS LIPO PACKS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAXAMPS LIPO PACKS

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

I have to step out of the office for a few hours. I will try and check back on this post later on today. I appreciate the feedback, both positive and negative.

-Austin
Old 04-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am a Maxamps customer, own a RC forum, operate a RC track, and someone that is is in the IT field so I am looking at this in many different ways.

Products aside, there service and support is EXCELLENT !!!!!!! I am not sponsored by anyone but will I give a positive review or recommend someone that treats me (your just average customer) the way they do? You bet I will !!!!

As owner of a different RC forum I know how many people can have there own opinions, and complain about anything just to be noticed. News flash, 90% of the stuff I run are things I have seen people run at tracks.

Does everyone complaining about everything really help the sport? Real good for the newbies to read all the drama isn't?

For you that do get the email, when you became a customer did you check the little box that you did not want to receive promotion material? Or did you get click happy and not read everything? If you did not opt out, it is not spam.

MANY companies (yes even non R/C companies) offer referal/review incentive programs to advertise there business. The best way for a business to get going and stay going is repeat customers and referalls. It just so happens Maxamps has a great set of products, if they didnt people would not but them.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by austinelse
Ray and Leodis,

In my opinion, I think the "sleeze" part comes in where you have people acting as customers but secretly working for companies. There is a ton of this happening online and I agree 100% that this is unethical and wrong.

We are talking about real customers who have our products and have tested them. We are not giving them a "script". They do not work for our company.

The RC Magazines get free products to review all the time. Would you consider that sleeze also?

-Austin
sending someone a free product to test is different than offering someone something for writing a review over and over and over ,ray
Old 04-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

I prefer this version

1. Trademark. a canned food product consisting esp. of pork formed into a solid block.

yeah, I figured it was only fair to give the full definition

While I don't quite agree with the tactics being used, I certainly see that what's being done is smart business and will gain them more customers than it loses them
Old 04-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

I will advertise for them is they send me 2 6000mah packs with pre-soldered deans on them. For a T-shirt, they get a golf clap.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

I don't have a t-shirt & don't care if I do or not. I got a 4400 saddle pack from Max Amps last september, works great, price was good.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with or compensated by MaxAmp inc.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been using Maxamps packs for a long time... and have several. They ahve worked great for me, and I have reported good things about them. But I'm not going to ask for a t-shirt with this offer either.

So now you know I'm not paid for
Old 04-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
I have been using Maxamps packs for a long time... and have several. They ahve worked great for me, and I have reported good things about them. But I'm not going to ask for a t-shirt with this offer either.

So now you know I'm not paid for
X2

Great products, great group of employees, and great customer service. It says a lot when you get the CEO on the forum. I havent seen that from any other RC company
Old 04-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

We are not giving out $100 bills, it is $10 T-Shirts we are talking about here. We give out T-Shirts to our customers all the time. We gave out 500 of them at iHobby this last year just for coming by our booth. I guess I just don't see the harm in a free T-Shirt.

-Austin
The harm is not in giving out a free T-Shirt, it is in offering people one for spamming a forum.

IMO, No different than the guys that have been spamming cell phones on here the last few weeks.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stallard
The harm is not in giving out a free T-Shirt, it is in offering people one for spamming a forum..
In case you have not noticed this is a R/C forum so why wouldnt a company that sells R/C products try getting there name out to the RC people?

This is NOT spam, redundant posts about girl next door movies is spam.

What if AE or Losi or offered you a free kit of your choice if you post your review. Would you be calling them out the same?
Old 04-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nwilcox88
In case you have not noticed this is a R/C forum so why wouldnt a company that sells R/C products try getting there name out to the RC people?

This is NOT spam, redundant posts about girl next door movies is spam.

What if AE or Losi or offered you a free kit of your choice if you post your review. Would you be calling them out the same?
If people want to post about their experiance with a companys products then great but giving them something for doing it is not always going to get a "fair" review.

I would call any company out for doing this.

Think about it this way, if every RC company did the same thing this site would be full of usless reviews, Spam is not judged by quantity but by quality.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I have several maxamps battery packs. I have think they make an excellent product. They do stand behind their products 100%. But I have had another issue with their costumer service. They don't stand behind the information on their site. UNLESS, you buy the battery directly from them. I will still do business with them. But anytime I am buying something I have not already tried. I will spend the extra time to research past what their site says.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tcmaster1
I have several maxamps battery packs. I have think they make an excellent product. They do stand behind their products 100%. But I have had another issue with their costumer service. They don't stand behind the information on their site. UNLESS, you buy the battery directly from them. I will still do business with them. But anytime I am buying something I have not already tried. I will spend the extra time to research past what their site says.

same sort of thing happened to me, a 3S 5000mah pack I picked up for a brushless conversion (with hopes to also use from time to time in my rustler vxl) all over the maxamps site it says their 3s 5000 fits in the rustler... but my pack didn't fit in my rustler at all, even after I spend a little time with a dremel on my chassis. I'd purchased the pack from impaktrc.com rather than from maxamps directly as it was a bit cheaper.

the pack itself is fine, and works well in my e-crt .5 but it sure as heck does not fit in my rustler
Old 04-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artie's liver
if maxamps looked on boards and gave free shirts as a thanks to people who had posted positive reviews on their own accord, that would be great and fair.

I would also imagine that would make the customer feel better about the product as well, imagine that you get some great batteries, then make a post, and then get a PM asking for your info so that they could send you a free shirt

offering free stuff for reviews that the customer would not have posted on their own is spam flat out

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
Spam /spæm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[spam] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, spammed, spam·ming.
1. Trademark. a canned food product consisting esp. of pork formed into a solid block.
–noun
2. (lowercase) a disruptive, esp. commercial message posted on a computer network or sent as e-mail.

bribing customers to make ads is spam

I have to agree with this. To offer someone something for a review takes away from the credibility of the review and the company.
If it had been done the other way---you went out found a positive review of your products and thensent that person a shirt it would have shown great customer appreciation.

I got the letter and positive reviews were requested. The title of the email was "Calling all MaxAmps fans". by stating "fans" positive reviews are being sought
The first line of the email was "Free decals and Free T-shirts for all maxamps fans" once again using the word "fans"
This is what was asked for in the free tshirt part "Go to the electric or battery section and write a little review about your MaxAmps pack and how much you like it".
Then in closing There is this "This is our way of saying “Thank you” for being a loyal MaxAmps fan!"

No where in the email does it ask for an unbiased review.

I am and will continue to be a maxamps supporter. I think the products are great. But, I believe that doing a campaign such as this takes away from the crediblity of the company. It also clutters up threads with useless compensated reviews.

I will gladly tell the people I run maxamps packs without being asked to do so. I will also tell bad experiences the same way.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

having a max amp thread were people "fans" write there reviews is great , having a new thread started when a new fan buys a battery looks sleeeze , if every company did this it would clog up rc tech , and the others , i also like the threads with you guys implying hard case lipos are dangerous , and one more time , were are your cells made , ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.