Wiki Posts
Search

20 Minute Electric Main Li-Po Truck Class

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stavman
Ok read about 6 pages and didnt find my answers, well all of em anyways

Have a T4 and want ta drop a 8000mah lipo in ta get 30 minute Rc pro Run Time, run a 7.5 LRP and have a 10.5 as well

What do I do ta mod the tray to get the 8000mah ta fit?

Will a 6000mah get me 30minutes and do I need ta mod the Tray

Thanks guys youve been a LOT of help

Stav
Just use longer screws on the battery hold down bar with washers or you can use 4-40 threaded rod cut to length with thumb screws that is how I did my trucks with 8000s' See the picture:

Make sure you use pads front and rear to protect wiring tabs depending on the brand of battery. I use MaxAmps. Also the battery bar does not have to go under the shock tower. The two hold down screws will hold it in with no problems.

Tip: The front pad or 2 wrap electrical tape around them and make a tab about 3 or 4" long laying it under the battery to keep pads in truck where they belong.

Good luck!
Old 06-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Craps
Just use longer screws on the battery hold down bar with washers or you can use 4-40 threaded rod cut to length with thumb screws that is how I did my trucks with 8000s' See the picture:

Make sure you use pads front and rear to protect wiring tabs depending on the brand of battery. I use MaxAmps. Also the battery bar does not have to go under the shock tower. The two hold down screws will hold it in with no problems.

Tip: The front pad or 2 wrap electrical tape around them and make a tab about 3 or 4" long laying it under the battery to keep pads in truck where they belong.

Good luck!
Thanks Bud, that helps alot.....

Now just need me a 8000mah Lipo and Im set........

LETS RACE!!!!

Stav
Old 06-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

RC Pro Series Northeast Region Race
CRC Raceway
Rome, NY
June 15th, 2008

175+ entries of some the Northeast best racers to race on a great racetrack at Calandra Racing Concepts shop in Rome, NY along the Erie Canal!

The 1/10th scale 2wd Truck "A" Main had 14 starters with John Firsching TQing the start of the 30 minute main.

Lot's of racing action!

5 gas trucks and 9 electric trucks with all the electric trucks were Novak Powered. Most made a battery change in the 30 minute main!

Results
1-Mark Calandra
2-Tim Hepler
3-Kevin Fedor
4-Chris Hale
5-Leroy Harrison
6-Devin Apgar
7-Jarodd Goedel
8-Kyle Inman
9-Anthony Musato
10-John Firsching
11-Neil Dickey
12-David Ivinchek
13-Kyle Rhodes
14-Tom Caralla

Fun weekend of racing!
Next Northeast Region Race is at Full Throttle Raceway in Ransomville, NY on July 19th and 20th.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Anybody going to Evansdale, Iowa this weekend for the Pro Series Race there?

Anymore race reports?

How did the Dirt Storm '08 Race go at Sid's Raceway in Canada???
Old 06-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Both Matt Howard and I will be at Evansdale Racing our Losi powered trucks. We're both using two Losi 5000 in parallel to make the thirty minute main.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FroBoy
Both Matt Howard and I will be at Evansdale Racing our Losi powered trucks. We're both using two Losi 5000 in parallel to make the thirty minute main.
You guys are using the Losi motor and ESC?

With the 5000s, the guys I raced in NY last weekend did battery swaps and really did not lose that much time...maybe 30 seconds if practiced to do a battery swap. You don't have to make the penalty pit stops if you do a battery swap.

The 3 penalty pit stops for 5 seconds each takes up more than 15 seconds when you consider you will have to negoiate pit road 2 more times slowing down and speeding back up! I got hung up on the end of pit road trying get out one time and the announcers did not count me out during my last stop that ended up 10+ seconds before I just told them to let me go....lot's of varibles.

Something to consider!
Old 06-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Regional Moderator

Yeah, I'm running a Losi Esc with a Losi 8.5. We've been making 20 minutes easy at our track with the Losi 5000.

I plan on changing tires during my stop instead of switching batteries.

I've been looking forward to this weekend ever since the new rules were announced.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'll have to see how they set up the mandatory stops and what not. I'm not locked into either strategy so I'll go with what I think will be faster.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
I'll have to see how they set up the mandatory stops and what not. I'm not locked into either strategy so I'll go with what I think will be faster.
Carlton will be there to tell you if your battery can go the full 30 minutes you have make 5 second pit stops at 8, 16 and 24 minutes, but if you have to make a battery change there will be not penalty stops. They will call you in and count off the 5 seconds for each of the 3 stops.

How fast you can do a battery change will be the difference!
Old 06-20-2008, 04:12 AM
Tech Adept

I would just like to add that we are going to be offering this class at our JConcepts Clash event the 2nd weekend in December. Enduro 1/10th truck with 20 minute A-main and Enduro buggy (J82) with 20 minute main. We should have the website updated rcclash.com within the next few weeks with details.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Champion

Carlton will be there to tell you if your battery can go the full 30 minutes you have make 5 second pit stops at 8, 16 and 24 minutes, but if you have to make a battery change there will be not penalty stops. They will call you in and count off the 5 seconds for each of the 3 stops.

How fast you can do a battery change will be the difference!
well if that's the case I'll probably just do a battery change at the halfway point. Maybe a tire swap too, we'll see.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
well if that's the case I'll probably just do a battery change at the halfway point. Maybe a tire swap too, we'll see.
Give us a full race report and pics are always nice!

If you can let us know what brand of truck, battery, esc and motor everybody was using too???
Old 06-23-2008, 03:14 AM
Tech Champion

Give us a full race report and pics are always nice!

If you can let us know what brand of truck, battery, esc and motor everybody was using too???
Froboy TQ'd, I qualified second, Chad L. driving a losi gas truck qualified 3rd. The electric trucks had a pretty good advantage. I held Froboy off for a little bit but then he passed me and pulled away taking the win, I hit a rut on the straight sending my truck into a carwheel breaking a titanium ballstud in my rear bulkhead with 4 minutes to go and still finished 3rd. Both me and froboy were running the XXXT-CR with the losi esc, losi 8.5 motors, and losi lipo's. We were the only ones running electric out of the 8 trucks.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Pit stops or battery change?
Old 06-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Battery change. I couldn't come up with a good way to hold two lipos in my truck that I was comfortable with. My pit stop lap was 72 seconds. Normal lap times were around 40 seconds, so basically it took thirty seconds to switch the battery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.