Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 10:17 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John Myall
Any idea when the B6 laydown motor plate with the built in spur gear guard, that Jason showed in a recent video will be out?
No ETA yet. If I had to guess, February or March.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
The F2 is scheduled to debut at the up coming Reedy Race .
Thank you. Ive been retrofitting the B5M finnisher body in my B6 and really love the finnisher style. I was wondering if you guys will do one for the TLR 22-4 2.0 too?
Old 12-26-2016, 11:20 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Phillip F
Thank you. Ive been retrofitting the B5M finnisher body in my B6 and really love the finnisher style. I was wondering if you guys will do one for the TLR 22-4 2.0 too?
I don't think so.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PW
No ETA yet. If I had to guess, February or March.

Sweet
Old 12-26-2016, 02:17 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Unfortunately we haven't run them on carpet yet, but I would think they should be pretty good. When we receive more samples, we will have one of our team drivers test them on carpet ASAP .
Good stuff. Looking forward to hearing more on this tire. Something with a little "tread" like this I would be very curious to try out.

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
when we had a track that had this same rule i found that slicked out green dirtwebs were the best tire and provided the most consistent laps from start to finish. Anything else that we used would fall off toward mid to end of the run because we were required to use sxt 3.0 and they would start to gum up too much.
I used green flip outs as that would be a legal pin here since its not hard and went well, but was used to setup with slicks. Here the traction is pretty high ehough we role with slicks but I am always open to giving new things a try
Old 12-27-2016, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

are the reflex 4wd front tires larger in diameter than the flipout 4wd fronts in wheeler class. seems like I can get more steering with a larger diameter front than rear. I,m trying to run 3d's in the rear and the flipout are smaller
Old 12-28-2016, 12:09 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2dialed
are the reflex 4wd front tires larger in diameter than the flipout 4wd fronts in wheeler class. seems like I can get more steering with a larger diameter front than rear. I,m trying to run 3d's in the rear and the flipout are smaller
I haven't measured them, but I'm guessing they are bigger than Flipouts. Also keep in mind that Reflex's are 60mm/2.4 tires/wheels.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

i'm getting about 86mm for the 3d's rears with avid rims and red aka foams, the flipouts 4wd fronts are 84.5mm with yokomo rims and red foams. are there any 4wd fronts that are 86mm or larger? the reflex comes in 60mm rims and foams but I figured the sidewall was thinner than 2.2 tires
Old 12-30-2016, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I just bought two pair of blue dirt webs for SCT and they came with the blue inserts are these new or are they the old ones with new tires
Old 12-31-2016, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

With Maifield's rumored move to Yokomo it'd be ace to see a YZ-4 body from you guys.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Amain said the space bars would be available yesterday but they still say back ordered. I need a new set of tires and wanted to try these. Do you guys have an idea when jconcepts or amain will have these in stock?
Old 01-01-2017, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

I really love using Carvers SCT tires on the front of my 2wd Short Course truck. My current pair are finally wearing out after years of use. I can't seem to find a new pair of Green compound replacements anywhere. However, I do have an old pair in good condition mounted on rims from my older truck. Does anyone know if I can use CA debonder to remove the tires from the rims safely for reuse? What would I have to use to clean off the tire bead in order for them to readhere to a fresh set of rims? There's several of us in the Northeast who still run Carvers so it would be nice if JConcepts would reissue this tire again. Or create a modernized replacement.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racingnewb
Amain said the space bars would be available yesterday but they still say back ordered. I need a new set of tires and wanted to try these. Do you guys have an idea when jconcepts or amain will have these in stock?
Just be patient. Amain probably got them in but it is New Years and probably have holiday hours so check back tomorrow or Tuesday.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:30 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by guppy
I just bought two pair of blue dirt webs for SCT and they came with the blue inserts are these new or are they the old ones with new tires
We are probably down to the last few with blue inserts, so they haven't made the switch to the grey yet (this is on blue dirt webs). I'm one of the few guys that like the blue insert . Mount them up on wheels (don't glue) and see how they feel, if they are full and don't have any gap, then they should be really good. If they have a gap and don't feel right, email us and we will get you replacements.

With Maifield's rumored move to Yokomo it'd be ace to see a YZ-4 body from you guys.
We will see

I really love using Carvers SCT tires on the front of my 2wd Short Course truck. My current pair are finally wearing out after years of use. I can't seem to find a new pair of Green compound replacements anywhere. However, I do have an old pair in good condition mounted on rims from my older truck. Does anyone know if I can use CA debonder to remove the tires from the rims safely for reuse? What would I have to use to clean off the tire bead in order for them to readhere to a fresh set of rims? There's several of us in the Northeast who still run Carvers so it would be nice if JConcepts would reissue this tire again. Or create a modernized replacement.
It's a supply and demand thing; demand is extremely low, so unfortunately supply has been put on the back burner.

If you want to remove the tire from the wheel, put some acetone in a bucket (maybe 3/4 of an inch) and then something (small wire rack) to suspend the tires just above the acetone. Put a lid on the bucket over night and the fumes should debond the glue. Don't let the tire sit in the acetone or it will swell up.

Last edited by PW; 01-03-2017 at 05:30 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

How long before we can get these Truck Tires?
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-16142603_10211276767382239_5485141246747538243_n.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.