Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by KAWIDAD
Not that it is the only thing that matters,but;
Have you ever asked,emailed or called any JC representative with a question,concern,problem,tip,help or basically anything? To me at least,it means a lot when they quick and willing to help
Indeed I have, I use JConcepts stuff for a reason, the people are nice and I like their product.

Originally Posted by aeRayls
The "ion" tire sells for 13.75 - 16.49 depending on compound? They come with the same "unusable" inserts.... "Typo" sells for 17.99-19.49 depending on compound with insert(which you have to use their insert)

Seems like jconcepts pricing is right in line with the rest of the market.
The Ions are a little expensive, but MSRP is still lower. The AKA tires include their good CC foams, so I don't think the price in them is too high at all.

I guess I'm just a little flustered with the pricing, combined with being kinda poor. Oh well.

I think I'm going to try some Dirtwebs fronts, I need to get some fronts today anyway.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jeff you will notice that JC tires don't wear fast these days, I don't know if they changed rubber, but I have ran the same blue pressure points at SCRC in cocoa, which is super high bite for a total of 7 qualifiers, and 3 mains. Allbeit in a stock 2wd buggy, but the wear is phenominal.

I honestly feel I have another qualifier or two left in them, if not a full race day. Running blue medium CC foams.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Captcha
Jeff you will notice that JC tires don't wear fast these days, I don't know if they changed rubber, but I have ran the same blue pressure points at SCRC in cocoa, which is super high bite for a total of 7 qualifiers, and 3 mains. Allbeit in a stock 2wd buggy, but the wear is phenominal.

I honestly feel I have another qualifier or two left in them, if not a full race day. Running blue medium CC foams.
In my experience at our track (med-high bite clay), after the tires are broken in (which seems like forever lol), I have a race or two, maybe 3, before they're too worn down to work well.

Not knocking on the quality of their tires, just pointing out how quickly they need to be replaced. And how expensive it gets, really fast

I also only run 2wd stock buggy.

Hopefully JConcepts will take this to heart, and lower the MSRP of the Dirtwebs a little bit.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntJeff
Dirtwebs rear, MSRP $19

that is insane, considering they don't even come with usable inserts...

come on Jconcepts
Not Jeff
I remember there was a price discussion on these tires about a month ago and JConcepts did have wrong pricing on their website. I went back to look at the details of that discussion and I see that you started the discussion back then (post 7021).

Reasoning for the price increase was given back then. Yes, buying tires sucks but continuing to complain here is probably not going to help. If this is bothering you enough to bring it up again I would suggest calling and talking to someone at JCon
Old 02-04-2014, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Personally I don't see a problem with whatever the msrp says on the package when that isn't the actual selling price! If the actual price you can get them for is in line and competitive with other manufacturers competing products, what's the complaint about? I just proved that the other brands are either within a dollar or MORE expensive for the same type of tread.
This can be an expensive hobby, there's no doubt... It's not going to change. You have to support companies like jconcepts that put a great product on the market and stand by it and also provide great support!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Are there any plans to make aluminum wing mounts for the B5?
Old 02-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

do the rear JC hex's for b4.2 work on B5?

I think JC prices are in line with others on tires. I wish they would do more premounts in 2wd's. I would pay a premium not to mount. I usually buy AKA premounts because they are easy and they work most of the time, good for my kids and myself. Just bought some dirt webs and mounted them up, remember how much I dislike gluing tires. 3d's and barcodes or brocodes, pre-mounted, in green and black, I'll take 10 sets!!
Old 02-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
No they do not, because the axle is a different thickness the b4 hex will just slide right on and wont tighten down. When I built my B5 I noticed that the plastic hex seemed to pop over the pin, hopefully there wont be an issue with the hex coming off with the wheel while JC gets the B5 specific parts going.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

B4 is SAE, B5 is metric... Finally!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ran some front Dirtwebs tonight, and they were OK. Not anywhere as good as Barcodes though.

$18 for two front tires with unusable foam. Damn.

Sticking with barcodes for sure.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

Ran some front Dirtwebs tonight, and they were OK. Not anywhere as good as Barcodes though.

If they didn't have as much steering try cutting the little pins out,leave the webbing...but ive found you can really tune how much steering you want with just cutting pins off here or there..
Old 02-05-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd

I think JC prices are in line with others on tires. I wish they would do more premounts in 2wd's. I would pay a premium not to mount. I usually buy AKA premounts because they are easy and they work most of the time, good for my kids and myself. Just bought some dirt webs and mounted them up, remember how much I dislike gluing tires. 3d's and barcodes or brocodes, pre-mounted, in green and black, I'll take 10 sets!!
The JC Satellite Tire Bands can change your disdain for gluing tires. They REALLY make it a breeze to properly glue your tires PERFECTLY. Just be sure to use the thin tip for the glue bottle to place the glue into the bead groove cleanly and it's one.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by the incubus
The JC Satellite Tire Bands can change your disdain for gluing tires. They REALLY make it a breeze to properly glue your tires PERFECTLY. Just be sure to use the thin tip for the glue bottle to place the glue into the bead groove cleanly and it's one.

I was skeptical at first, but they have proven to be worth every penny.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

They need to break in.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
They need to break in.
I had several hours of on-track time with them, they're broken in.

They worked much better than barcodes out of the pack though, didn't take long for them to start working, where as barcodes seemed to take forever to work.

They also felt much easier to drive than the barcodes, but I was faster with the barcodes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.