Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Saw that and the body and looks sweet. Now if we can just get that RC8 out and a JC lid for that!!!!!!

Also the new JC Tire T-shirt are now on-line to purchase. I just picked up two for my fat body. I will be styling at the Truck Nats

Later
Kevin Boyle
Glad to hear you like the shirts!

Originally Posted by UNSTABLE
Sneaky little monkeys aren't ya!!

So what are they called? And give us a close up
We try Its a teaser for a reason, haha.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how about a mini crt .5 body?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs down re sale value

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Update on the B44 fron the JConcepts website

JConcepts and B44 (07.11.2007)

Announcement Regarding JConcepts and Associated B44

On July 10, TTR/Associated announced the upcoming release of the new B44. This new vehicle is based on the BJ4 Worlds Edition and was a collaborative effort between TTR/Associated and JConcepts.

The B44 was a collaborative project only. JConcepts remains an independent company, and our business will not change as a result of this collaboration.

Both Jason and Brad have ties with Associated going back 15+ years. This has led to a close working relationship between Associated and JConcepts on the B44.

JConcepts will continue to sell the BJ4 kits, parts and accessories to support new and existing customers. Look for more new and exciting products from JConcepts to fit the B44 and all Team Associated vehicles.

Later
Kevin Boyle
#1 JConcepts fan
Are Well there go's the resale value of my BJ4
Old 07-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yep do u want to sell me your bj4?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I wouldn't discount the value of your BJ4 dude.

Sure the AE is cheaper, but so are some of the parts. You get more carbon fibre on the BJ, more anodised aluminium, it's got all the parts that most people usually 'option up' on their cars.

So for me the BJ4 still has its spot.

If the AE performs a lot differently to the BJ on the track, then maybe my comments will change. So this is based on specs at this stage.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Default body

so i wonder if j-concepts will do a new after market body for the b44!!since they do all of the other car manufactures
Old 07-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Eggyolkeo
I wouldn't discount the value of your BJ4 dude.

Sure the AE is cheaper, but so are some of the parts. You get more carbon fibre on the BJ, more anodised aluminium, it's got all the parts that most people usually 'option up' on their cars.

So for me the BJ4 still has its spot.

If the AE performs a lot differently to the BJ on the track, then maybe my comments will change. So this is based on specs at this stage.
Used BJ4's hold their value exceptionally well.

Of note: We do have kits in stock btw.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Andy, any chance you could knock a list of parts needed to do a conversion from a BJ4WE to a standard BJ4? Cause I'd like to drive with Lipos, but the WE is a little non-suited for Lipos. I know you can get saddle packs, but thats not really what I'm looking for.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Having been racing R/C for most years than alot of you have been alive. I would like to say the BJ4 and BJ4WE are the highest quality 4wds I have seen. I've raced yokes, schumachers, kyosho, and losi. I'm sure the AE B44 is going to be an ok car, after all it derives alot from the BJ4, but it still ain't no BJ4. By the time you buy the B44 and hopup to race specs, you've bought a BJ4. Will I buy one sure, it ain't a losi.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
Andy, any chance you could knock a list of parts needed to do a conversion from a BJ4WE to a standard BJ4? Cause I'd like to drive with Lipos, but the WE is a little non-suited for Lipos. I know you can get saddle packs, but thats not really what I'm looking for.
JC-
1001-Main Chassis
1002-Top Deck
1015-Motor Mount
1016-Slipper Shaft
1020-Inner Slipper Hub
1021-Outer Slipper Hub
1022-Slipper Bushing
1023-Center Drive Cup
1028-Battery Posts

Thats all I can think of off hand. There are some AE parts(center shaft, spur gear, slipper pads, and battery strap) needed, as well as some screws. You might be better off selling your WE and buying an original kit, as far as the expense...
Old 07-22-2007, 12:45 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

I did the WE conversion to my original BJ4. I still have all of the parts that were used, chassis, top deck, drive shaft, complete slipper assembly, battery hold down, motor mount. Chassis had the protective tape, and an undertray. Still in good shape.
Something to think about....
Old 07-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hunter
Having been racing R/C for most years than alot of you have been alive. I would like to say the BJ4 and BJ4WE are the highest quality 4wds I have seen. I've raced yokes, schumachers, kyosho, and losi. I'm sure the AE B44 is going to be an ok car, after all it derives alot from the BJ4, but it still ain't no BJ4. By the time you buy the B44 and hopup to race specs, you've bought a BJ4. Will I buy one sure, it ain't a losi.
We definately appreciate that kind of compliment! All I know is that Im sticking with my BJ4 for a while

Originally Posted by J_P
I did the WE conversion to my original BJ4. I still have all of the parts that were used, chassis, top deck, drive shaft, complete slipper assembly, battery hold down, motor mount. Chassis had the protective tape, and an undertray. Still in good shape.
Maybe shoot a pm over to Jan?
Old 07-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by J_P

Same here.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kinson
Same here.
Nice avatar! You should bring her out to the track sometime
Old 07-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone running the truck nats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.