Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 07:16 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PW
I will look into it later today; our team drivers including Brent Thielke & Maifiled have been running the new arms on their trucks for several races with our wheels and hexes. I also have one in my office using the new arms and no clearance issues; but we are of course using the JC hexes . I will check the stock T4.2 hex and wheel for a different offset.
It appears the button-head screw holding the hinge-pin in can touch under full compression (with force), but looking at some of Maifield's used wheels from the last indoor nats; I don't see any markings on the wheel. None of our guys have experienced any ill effects from it. If you still feel it might be an issue, you could easily file down the screw slightly or just continue with the stock wheels.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We actually have them in stock, but they haven't made the official press release and not on the website yet; maybe today or tomorrow. I believe they are already shipping to distributors .

Well that's a first. The majority of the time product releases are made and then the public does not see the items for up to 3 months.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Pressure points in stock here, along with the SC wheel dishes. http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...page=30&pos=60
Old 03-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a question that hopefully someone could answer. I just bought a set of Hazzard SC wheels and the new Hazzard Dish covers for my TLR 22SCT. I noticed on the wheels, they have small pin sized holes in the rims around the where the bead sits (not the two venting holes). Are these tiny holes so you can put a tiny dab of glue on the backside of the tire bead or are they to allow dirt to escape if it gets into the sidewall of the tire? I don't really have a problem with tires coming unglued, but I suppose a little extra dab of glue around the entire circumference of the tire couldn't hurt and i only run indoor on clay so I don't have a problem with dirt getting inside of my tires. Just curious about these tiny pin hole sized holes as I've never seen them on other wheels before. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:05 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I have a question that hopefully someone could answer. I just bought a set of Hazzard SC wheels and the new Hazzard Dish covers for my TLR 22SCT. I noticed on the wheels, they have small pin sized holes in the rims around the where the bead sits (not the two venting holes). Are these tiny holes so you can put a tiny dab of glue on the backside of the tire bead or are they to allow dirt to escape if it gets into the sidewall of the tire? I don't really have a problem with tires coming unglued, but I suppose a little extra dab of glue around the entire circumference of the tire couldn't hurt and i only run indoor on clay so I don't have a problem with dirt getting inside of my tires. Just curious about these tiny pin hole sized holes as I've never seen them on other wheels before. Thanks!
We had feedback from drivers during development that they would like to be able to glue the sidewall of the tire to the wheel for added support; so we added the holes.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
We had feedback from drivers during development that they would like to be able to glue the sidewall of the tire to the wheel for added support; so we added the holes.
Thanks Paul for the clarification. I think it's a good idea, i just wasnt sure. But it's a nice little detail that the others dont offer, Thanks!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I wanted to check on the time frame for release of RC8.2 Silencer body. That body looks like a great addition to the 1/8 bodies from JC.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 11:46 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeff Werner
I wanted to check on the time frame for release of RC8.2 Silencer body. That body looks like a great addition to the 1/8 bodies from JC.

Thanks
Hopefully the end of this month
Old 03-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Thanks Paul for the clarification. I think it's a good idea, i just wasnt sure. But it's a nice little detail that the others dont offer, Thanks!
Yeah, a great feature that I miss now that DE rims are my only option for a 17mm hex SC rim
Old 03-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default closed cell inserts

hi, questions on closed cell inserts for 2whl buggy,
indoors low grip at 50-60 deg temp, would close cell still be preferred in rear or standard foams???

thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by motorhead68
hi, questions on closed cell inserts for 2whl buggy,
indoors low grip at 50-60 deg temp, would close cell still be preferred in rear or standard foams???

thanks
I would recommend the stock foam or very well used/broken down closed cell foam.

I've actually had some tires where the closed cell insert has broken down and doesn't feel like it should work, but on low-bite conditions the tire works awesome
Old 03-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PW
I would recommend the stock foam or very well used/broken down closed cell foam.

I've actually had some tires where the closed cell insert has broken down and doesn't feel like it should work, but on low-bite conditions the tire works awesome
thanks, if the temps were higher like above 70 deg would you recommend them then??? or are closed not good in low bite????
Old 03-07-2013, 07:44 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by motorhead68
thanks, if the temps were higher like above 70 deg would you recommend them then??? or are closed not good in low bite????
The CC inserts are fine in the cold; it's more about the type of traction and surface. I prefer them only on med to high-bite surfaces.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I know one of my projects for this evening is to go through my tire box and gut all my old tires for their foam..... It's so much nicer having foam that is ready to go rather than have to break it in.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

on the axle conversion for the sc10 the guy told me the b 4.1 axle is the same as the sc10 axle. is there a difference? is the sc10 axle longer then the b4.1?

Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.