Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 04:48 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rdub202
for 4wd goosebump fronts are you guys running the full foam in there? they appear to be the same as a rear foam, so i was just wondering, cant wait to try them out.

edit-with them mocked up they appear fine
That is a tuning option. Try 3/4. I will run 3/4- to full, depending on conditions, and what you want.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

for 4wd goosebump fronts are you guys running the full foam in there? they appear to be the same as a rear foam, so i was just wondering, cant wait to try them out.

hey Ryan

I put them in full, they actually fit really good in there.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

yeah they seem fine after i got it all mocked up

thanks nate!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:59 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by odoylrulz
Is there going to be a Jconcepts Clash this year?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyosho_101
I dont think you will see rulux rims for the laser as kyosho have discontinued the Laser competition version so how long is the rtr version going to last
Perhaps the original version is being discontinued, but not the SP. That car is growing in popularity IMO. I would speculate the bigger issue is that Kyosho changed the front wheel from the original ZX5 to the SP, and as long as they keep doing that it will probably be difficult for aftermarket wheels to be justified...though it would be really sweet!

I tried the Double Dee's last Friday on my RB5 and they were excellent (slightly dusty indoor clay). I'll be looking into some of your other tire options for sure. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

3/4 foams work best in my opinion, but you can run the full insert in the tire obviously.

Originally Posted by odoylrulz
Is there going to be a Jconcepts Clash this year?
Definately, details will be circulating soon.

Originally Posted by J_P
That is a tuning option. Try 3/4. I will run 3/4- to full, depending on conditions, and what you want.
Exactly correct.

Originally Posted by RodneyB
Perhaps the original version is being discontinued, but not the SP. That car is growing in popularity IMO. I would speculate the bigger issue is that Kyosho changed the front wheel from the original ZX5 to the SP, and as long as they keep doing that it will probably be difficult for aftermarket wheels to be justified...though it would be really sweet!

I tried the Double Dee's last Friday on my RB5 and they were excellent (slightly dusty indoor clay). I'll be looking into some of your other tire options for sure. Keep up the good work.
Astute observations about the Kyosho situation.

We appreciate the feedback, feel free to post some pics of the track or a link to them. Its interesting to see where/what conditions the tires are working in.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RodneyB
Perhaps the original version is being discontinued, but not the SP. That car is growing in popularity IMO.
Well I can only say what the Australian Distributor for Kyosho have been told from Kyosho Japan and USA, And that is the competition Lazer (SP) can not be ordered any more as it is a discontinued product, They will on the other hand continue to do the RTR version and the upgrade parts but not the kit.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I had a chance to run a new set of barcodes tonight. Normally we run pink BK Bars, but barcodes had better side bite with the same forward traction. Needless to say I'll be running them from now on

Any plans to make them for truck. That would be awesome
Old 05-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
3/4 foams work best in my opinion, but you can run the full insert in the tire obviously.
what conditions would you run 3/4 v full?
Old 05-30-2008, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nwilcox88
hey Ryan

I put them in full, they actually fit really good in there.
Are you kidding? That was NOT my experience. My goosebumps/rulux fronts were very bunched up with hard spots due to the bunching when I premounted them without trimming!!!! I recommend trimming at a 45 degree angle, a 1/4 inch off the outside & 1/4 inch off the inside edges.... NO bunching & very even all the way around the tire.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kyosho_101
Well I can only say what the Australian Distributor for Kyosho have been told from Kyosho Japan and USA, And that is the competition Lazer (SP) can not be ordered any more as it is a discontinued product, They will on the other hand continue to do the RTR version and the upgrade parts but not the kit.
Hmmm. Perhaps they are gearing up for the new split pack FS version, which I understand uses the same suspension/wheels etc (but who knows). ...it would be upsetting if they change the wheels yet again. ...plus many lipo users like the fact that the ZX5 is stick pack...that seems like a bad move.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

What's the length of the MLST and RC18T bodies?
Old 05-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

double dee's are awsome but as traction comes up and the track dries out they only last one day.....outdoors is tough on tires.......LMAO

may have to try a different compound or try cross hairs
Old 06-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone know if the B44 CVDs will fit on the BJ4 W.E.? I've Been breaking alot of axles and JConcepts doesnt sell them seperate, unless I'm missing something.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motoxpro
Anyone know if the B44 CVDs will fit on the BJ4 W.E.? I've Been breaking alot of axles and JConcepts doesnt sell them seperate, unless I'm missing something.
I imagine they would fit. I would contact MIP about the axles since that is where we source them from.

www.miponline.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.