Wiki Posts
Search

problems with trinity draked .12

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default problems with trinity draked .12

i got everything set up on my truck yesterday and went to start breaking it in and checked the needle settings first well th ehigh speed was fin but when i went to check the low speed it wouldnt even turn in either direction of what the factory needle settings were which is 3 1/4 i thought that was meesed up so i go to try and start my truck and there is way to much gas coming out the exhaust it wont even fire and it blows a little gas and air out the glow plug i took it out check the threads and put it back in a little over snug just like my other engines still does it the only way i can get the engine to fire is if i lean the needles out a crapload but i still have to keep my glow ignitor to keep it going should i send the motor to trinity?
Old 06-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

calm down there, and try using some commas and periods next time. It is not uncommon for the low speed needle to move really hard, I have had that problem on all of my 12 sized engines.

Go back and re-read the engine instructions, find out where the needles need to be for break in and re adjust them accordingly. The engine does need to run rich, you want a good bit of smoke coming from the exhaust. Have you heard of the heat cycle break in method? That is the best way to break in a motor. here is the link

Follow this and you will be ok, just make sure to keep the engine temp between 200 and 215. Don't let the engine run out of gas, when you see it running out, bump the flywheel with your finger.

Hope this helps
Old 06-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

i tried that. but im not sure that the needle is spose to look all scraped up im know how to work on stuff but something just doesnt seem rightwhen i bake it into where it should be i can fell it being forced in the valve and the arm for the servo wants to get stuck
Old 06-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

i notcied that there is fuel even coming from the rubber seal around the low speed needle thing. and why would the glow plug be leaking
Old 06-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Rookie

rhymster:

On your problem with the needles beeing hard to turn, try taking them all the way out & lube the o-rings on the needles. They should be easy to turn after that.

On the problem with the glow plug leaking, do you have the seal (copper ring) on the glow plug.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

yes the cooper shim is there. and the needle valve do u mean like lube it with green slime. also it seems the needle wont turn out no more i know a o-ring wouldnt be holding it back but when i try and adjust it forward it almost jams into the seat it slides into cant u damage those pretty easy