Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree116Likes

Mugen MBX8 Eco

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 11:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcgod
5/32” chain saw file is cheap and available at most hardware stores. Works better than any other reamer or drill bit I’ve tried. FYI.
Thanks for the tip! Just picked up a couple of files for 7 bucks at lowes like you said. I should get my mbx8 tomorrow. Now I am prepared !

Last edited by Theetonster; 09-26-2018 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Line
Old 10-02-2018, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I saw that the new car has the steering posts keyed into the chassis now. Is this true? The questions however, has this fixed the problem of the chassis screw working out over time? How is the maintenance compared to the old car in this regard? Is it easier to remove the posts?
Old 10-02-2018, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdavis1432
I saw that the new car has the steering posts keyed into the chassis now. Is this true? The questions however, has this fixed the problem of the chassis screw working out over time? How is the maintenance compared to the old car in this regard? Is it easier to remove the posts?
I did not own the 7, but I have had zero problems with the chassis screw working out on my 8. I have always used a little dab of blue locktight on the posts. The posts are easy to remove, just need to pull off the top steering plate. The HTD diffs can be pulled out super fast. I love working on my MBX8 Eco.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Slackin.

Ive raced their buggies since the MBX5 and its always been the same problem. You can use all the loctite in the world, and they are still going to work loose. Its been a problem on all my cars, but was happy to see they adjusted it for the new car. Thanks for the help!
slackinoff likes this.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Old 10-07-2018, 09:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Shocks

I just drove my mbx8 for the first time. I noticed the rear is loose. I ordered some softer springs and brass pistons for it. Just wondering what anyone else has done about this.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Theetonster
I just drove my mbx8 for the first time. I noticed the rear is loose. I ordered some softer springs and brass pistons for it. Just wondering what anyone else has done about this.
I just got on here to ask the exact same question! First time running mine was today also. I'm thinkin of trying 5/4/1, I have 5/5/2 in it. Or changing to regular diffs (not HTD's). Or underdrive in the rear. My MBX7 drives way easier (and faster) with regular diffs and underdrive. I had a AE buggy that was similar in feel to this 8eco, like a 2wd feel. Not liking these HTD diffs!
Old 10-07-2018, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm building my first MBX8 and I have a question. What does the small set screw that screws into the rear wheel hubs do? What exactly is it securing? I screwed it in. I just want to make sure it's in correctly. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DapperDan

I'm building my first MBX8 and I have a question. What does the small set screw that screws into the rear wheel hubs do? What exactly is it securing? I screwed it in. I just want to make sure it's in correctly. Thanks.
those little screws are not securing ; they are suposed to be an access to oil the ball bearings
Old 10-08-2018, 09:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
I just got on here to ask the exact same question! First time running mine was today also. I'm thinkin of trying 5/4/1, I have 5/5/2 in it. Or changing to regular diffs (not HTD's). Or underdrive in the rear. My MBX7 drives way easier (and faster) with regular diffs and underdrive. I had a AE buggy that was similar in feel to this 8eco, like a 2wd feel. Not liking these HTD diffs!
I put the underdrive diff in the rear (42/12) and it was still loose on power and off power.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are you using the standard setup mate?
Old 10-09-2018, 03:51 AM
Tech Initiate

All mugen cars need some time (~1 gallon or 15 runs (Eco)) to get a free drivetrain without a loose rear.
Theetonster and slackinoff like this.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by HyperMBX7R
All mugen cars need some time (~1 gallon or 15 runs (Eco)) to get a free drivetrain without a loose rear.
I did come across something Adam Drake said that was similar to what you're saying. I didn't realize that you needed to break in new buggys. I am new to offroad and that's why I am in here asking questions. Thanks
Old 10-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

So what's the deal with all of the slop in the diff cases? In the process of building mine and there is a lot of slop between the diff bearings and the diff cases. Like 1mm front and back. Seems like the bearing od is too small.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
So what's the deal with all of the slop in the diff cases? In the process of building mine and there is a lot of slop between the diff bearings and the diff cases. Like 1mm front and back. Seems like the bearing od is too small.

Once you tighten everything up when its all bolted down to the chassis the slop mostly goes away at least mine did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.