Search
Like Tree116Likes

Mugen MBX8 Eco

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KINGZJ
Once you tighten everything up when its all bolted down to the chassis the slop mostly goes away at least mine did.
Thank you! Worked great.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys
just brought a 8 eco buggy is there any think easl I need to buy for it as in upgrades before it hits the track for next season
Old 11-12-2018, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

Any setup sheets starting to show up anywhere yet? I've searched the net but not much out there still it seems
Old 11-12-2018, 05:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rckstar759
Any setup sheets starting to show up anywhere yet? I've searched the net but not much out there still it seems
Googled one for you...

http://www.mugenracing.com/content/S...t-e1801kit.pdf
Old 11-12-2018, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Thats the stock kit setup. I was wondering setups for different conditions like high traction clay vs loose etc. I mean trust me I'd love for 1 setup to rule them all and this car be THAT good
Old 11-18-2018, 07:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Great info

getting ready to order one , coming from a RTR Losi 8ight , been looking at Xray and Tekno , seems like the Mugen may be the best for my budget
Old 11-21-2018, 07:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dstressman
getting ready to order one , coming from a RTR Losi 8ight , been looking at Xray and Tekno , seems like the Mugen may be the best for my budget
You can’t really go wrong with a Mugen. They always have a nice kit.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dstressman
Originally Posted by MadMick
hey guys
just brought a 8 eco buggy is there any think easl I need to buy for it as in upgrades before it hits the track for next season
Congratulations fellas. Enjoy them. As far as upgrades, the best thing I did was make sure there was zero bind in the hinge pins, and put as much time on the chassis to break everything in. See my video above for removing bind.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm very pleased to report my new Mugen MBX8 Eco is complete and hoping for its first race next weekend. The build went very well apart from the pillow ball installation. I could not get the caps in without cross threading at the beginning of the thread. Had to back them in and out many times and messed up the first few turns of thread. Then to add insult to injury, even after completion, I realized one cap stuck out more than the others. Careful inspection showed this cap was longer than the others! Three were the same, one was long! Crazy! I put it on the top as there is more clearance before it hits the wheel. I will order another set as it's not worth it to me to try their warranty. I'm going with stock set up but any recommendations for changes to this or any spare parts I should take with me? Kind wishes, Tom
Old 12-09-2018, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Hax
I'm very pleased to report my new Mugen MBX8 Eco is complete and hoping for its first race next weekend. The build went very well apart from the pillow ball installation. I could not get the caps in without cross threading at the beginning of the thread. Had to back them in and out many times and messed up the first few turns of thread. Then to add insult to injury, even after completion, I realized one cap stuck out more than the others. Careful inspection showed this cap was longer than the others! Three were the same, one was long! Crazy! I put it on the top as there is more clearance before it hits the wheel. I will order another set as it's not worth it to me to try their warranty. I'm going with stock set up but any recommendations for changes to this or any spare parts I should take with me? Kind wishes, Tom
Adam Drake has a nice video on how to install the pillow balls.

I use the Flashpoint Multi-Wrench Tool when doing maintenance on mine: FP2119 FP 4 in 1 Multi-Wrench - Mugen Seiki Racing

If you stripped the uprights, you might look at picking up the non-trailing uprights, I find those make the Mugen much easier to steer, part number E2146: E2146 Front Upright L/E: X8/E, X8T/E, X7 - Mugen Seiki Racing
Old 12-09-2018, 03:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Champa for the YouTube link. I sure wish I had seen that before assembly. I have not completed stripped my uprights, but certainly done a number on the early threads so it would be prudent to replace them. It will be nice to compare the trailing and non-trailing uprights and see how they work in my hands. Kind wishes,
Tom
cHAmpa likes this.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Does this kit come with the pinion, spur and servo horn?
Old 12-12-2018, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by H2on0
Does this kit come with the pinion, spur and servo horn?
Yes. The pinion is the right size for a 1900 kv motor. If you’re running something else you might have to get a different one.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcgod

Yes. The pinion is the right size for a 1900 kv motor. If you’re running something else you might have to get a different one.
Thanks have it in my cart right now with the tekin rx8 and the 1900kv motor.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Champa! I just installed the non-trailing front uprights. Went together so much easier this time following the suggestion in the video. No cross-threading problem at all. I noticed these uprights have little grub screw holes like the rear ones. Not completely sure of the purpose but I did put little 3x3 grub screws in to keep dirt out of the bearings.

~Tom

Last edited by Tom Hax; 12-21-2018 at 04:05 PM. Reason: typo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.