Wiki Posts
Search

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default What would you do?

I received this via email. This transaction was from almost 2 months ago. I personally used the cracked case receiver and 1 additional and know for sure 2 of the 3 were legit. One was a backup that I purchased here actually. Not sure if I should be responsible after the items have been sold to a third party which could claim anything or switch out receivers looking for a partial refund.

THE EMAIL BELOW:

Hi Ed.....Dave Whyte here. We did some business last week of February. I bought a very nice dx3r and 3 sr3100 rx's. One had a cracked case that I wound up spending $10 and replacing(you advertised it was cracked)....If this e mail has been duplicated, I am sorry. Tried to send from my phone and I didnt think it sent. SOOOO....I myself went to Airtronics because of my small hand size. I sold the dx3r to a friend who LOVES it....I then began to sell off rx's along with some 3500's I was using in various vehicles. I got a PM on one of the 3100's I bought from you from a tech regular in the bay area in California who said RX was a fake. He had printed manual off line and sequence of plugs is consistant with the FAKE THREAD info on this forum. I know you have a great reputation and would not knowingly sell something like this. I immediately refunded the gentlemens money. He has the RX and instead of sending to me he is holding to send to you to review.
I have zero expectations. I never installed any of your RX's or even used the radio. I stuck with my Dx3c until selling that as well. I received some sr3500 mirco rx's in trade and was using those and had not gotten around to installing any of your. In the last 72 hours I sold all 3 and shipped all over the country. The bay area guy is only 200 miles away so he contacted me right away. I am going to contact the other two gentlemen to ask them to review the rx's for the plug indentifier that will indicate if either are same as one that has been identified as FAKE.
Again, I am not pointing a finger or calling you a cheat. You may have bought these from someone else and didnt use prior to selling. Do I expect a refund.....I think its the right thing to do but I am not in this life to demand things or tell you what you should or shouldnt do. If you give me your address I will have the gentlemen in Redwood City CA send you the rx for your review. I again have refunded him his money($35). My cel is *** *** **** if you want to call or text. I do hope you communicate with me on this matter.

Last edited by Brushless420; 04-15-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

In all honesty if you start going to the 3rd party what's next? The 4th guy, the 5th guy down the line? It was up to the guy you sold them to to verify what he had and was selling. I don't think either of you tried to do anything "shify" but you gotta draw the line at your original buyer.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
In all honesty if you start going to the 3rd party what's next? The 4th guy, the 5th guy down the line? It was up to the guy you sold them to to verify what he had and was selling. I don't think either of you tried to do anything "shify" but you gotta draw the line at your original buyer.
exactly....right racer
Old 04-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer1812
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I really could care less about having the 3rd party send me the RX as I went to a Futaba 4PKS-R and ditched all my Spektrum stuff. I did give the guy an awesome deal in the first place as well. I believe his story though but just not sure if its the 3rd party who is taking advantage of him and looking to get a free rx. Technically its past the 45 day Paypal claim time on our original transaction. I might just shoot him a symapathy/charity $20.00 in hopes that will make him feel better.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

In all honesty that's an honerable thing to do but if the reciever works I don't understand what the issue is. There must be a zillion of those out there and even hobby shops have sold them at full price no knowing the difference.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Point him to this thread as well, as he can possibly give his side of it. I think the general consensus is that you can't warranty an item multiple sales down the road. The fakes are supposed to work just as well as the new from everything I have read.

The buyer is in kind of a pickle since he has moved on and is trying to sell what he now knows is a fake though. Not sure how that impacts prices, as Spektrum is already pretty value priced as is.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Default resolution

Shot him and email explaining I would refund him 20.00 if that would make him feel better and he was happy. Hey I always give those guys outside the convenience store a few bucks when they claim they need money for food but you know its for BEER. If $20 makes this guy feel whole again then so be it. Even If I don't feel it was my obligation.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I didn't even know there were knock-off receivers. Where is a link to more info?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
I didn't even know there were knock-off receivers. Where is a link to more info?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...rs-market.html