Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT INFO

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WTDblNut
It appears the bearings have gone out on my HW 4700kv motor - about 3 months old. Does HW warranty these or are they rebuildable?
Thanks......
They will warranty the motor and repair or replace as long as there is no abuse or damage done.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by $$$...
Hi guys, hope someone can help me out here. I've had a Hobbywing EZRUN 35A/13T 3000KV Version 2 combo sitting in the shed for a while (still new in box) and have just installed it in my M03/XEVO. When I hook up the included program card to adjust the settings I can only scroll through 10 different settings yet the manual says there are 12 settings (11 = Motor Rotation) (12 = Lipo Cells).

Having just set up the car it looks like I need to reverse the rotation of the motor to get the car to drive fwd and can I use 2 cell Lipos with this unit and not adjust the ESC via setting 12.

Am I doing something wrong, or does my ESC not have those settings? It's been a while since I bought the unit so I'm not sure i it has the latest firmware - says version 2 on the box.

Hope that wasn't too confusing and someone can help me out.

Thanks
Daniel
Reverse your throttle in the radio you should not have to do it in the ESC
Old 03-01-2016, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brian C.
Does anyone have and idea of a durable fan because the fans on these suck compared to other esc's
What problems are you having with the fans? Are they covered by the body and protected? Should not have any issues. If a SCT or 1/8 scale try putting a mesh protector over the fan using the fan screws. Debris will get in there and damage the fan.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rclife66
Hi, I purchased a RED HOBBYWING XERUN 120A V3 ESC with program box. I downloaded the usb software from falcon sekido. I am running touring car 17.5T blinky mode but after download and firmware update on box and calibration, the motor's rpm is low and sluggish. (at full throttle-- unusually slow) . I have the 511 firmware. Thinking the motor may be the culprit, I changed motors (reedy 17.5T), I still get the same results. I spoke with some at falcon but their efforts didn't remedy the problem. Curiously, i added some boost and turbo just to see if there would show a difference in rpm and it seems to work fine. (POWER). Any ideas what the issue is? I read online that the red esc's were problematic. Is this true?
Did you update the firmware in the ESC? Did you try a different sensor wire.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tezza_76
ive just brought a 120a ezrun esc wat motor would you reckon mend to use with a 4s lipo battery its going a xstr 1/10 buggy i want this thing to scream it does about 80km to 90kms now please help me
I would not go below a 6.5 with that ESC especially if you are running 4s. But do not recommend pushing that esc that much
Old 03-01-2016, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sir Tamiyalot
Hi, looking for help.
Will be running a mbx6 1/8 buggy and want to get a good budget friendly esc. I will be racing it on 4s lipo but would like to bash with 2s lipo. I would get the HW 150a esc but heard it has problems with 2s lipo, so I have been considering the xerun sc pro esc which can handle 4s lipo and works good with 2s.
Any problems racing with the sc esc on 4s compared to the 150a esc?

Thanks.
The SCT Pro 120A is a great ESC and works well on 2s or 4s 1/8 or 1/10 scale
Old 03-01-2016, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jford
hey i just installed a brand new 150a xerun in my losi scte on the work bench with wheels off ground it works fine but when i set it on the ground and give it throttle it loses power and fades back in once i release the throttle. and now my program box lights up with squares across screen i really don't wanna send this stuff back PLEASE HELP!!! LOL
Did you follow the procedure to program neutral, forward and brake. Make sure all end points are at 100 when you do that
Old 03-14-2016, 07:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys,

I bought a new 60a quicrun a few weeks ago and put it in my car a few days ago. I tested if the tires are turning and the sound would be like what I expected. Eveythinh workes fine. Today I tried to run it the first time but the motor didn't turn. Steering was working but not the motor. After I turned the switch on the green Led blinked two times and then turned into blinking red. The steering is working fine but the motor is not turning.
I hope you can help me. I am kinda mad cause it took a while till I had all the connections and studd I wanted...

Mini 8 racer
Old 03-17-2016, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sleeper13
The SCT Pro 120A is a great ESC and works well on 2s or 4s 1/8 or 1/10 scale
Sct pro is proven an awesome esc . The new xr8 is super smooth .
Old 03-26-2016, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Try an new sensor wire, had the same problem and that fixed it.

Originally Posted by Mini 8 racer
Hey guys,

I bought a new 60a quicrun a few weeks ago and put it in my car a few days ago. I tested if the tires are turning and the sound would be like what I expected. Eveythinh workes fine. Today I tried to run it the first time but the motor didn't turn. Steering was working but not the motor. After I turned the switch on the green Led blinked two times and then turned into blinking red. The steering is working fine but the motor is not turning.
I hope you can help me. I am kinda mad cause it took a while till I had all the connections and studd I wanted...

Mini 8 racer
Old 03-27-2016, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Had a issue with my XR8 yesterday ��Landed off a double and my 410.3 stopped .went back to pits to check it out and found the power wire was melted along with the deans connecter. Gearing was good motor temperature was running around 120f nothing was rubbing and I was in to my run around 3 minutes . I thought that the battery may have gone bad SMC 7200 but that was not the case. Any ideas what may have went wrong.? I am guessing the deans connection may have shorted out and caused the damage The esc still comes on but will not run the motor and power switch will not work. I have sent in a RMa to hw and will send it in for repair . This is my first Hobbywing esc and I have really liked it till now �� I have been using Tekin in all my indoor cars and thought I would give the xr a shot hope it's just a fluke
Old 03-27-2016, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

May have been a cold solder joint on your deans that ramped up the resistance and over heated the joint and possibly the esc
Old 03-31-2016, 09:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Hobbywing xerun sct pro esc

I purchased a Hobbywing xerun sct pro esc , was running in my Tekno sct for about two weeks..
Two day ago , while practicing at the track the truck stopped on the track and would not move. Then smoke started coming out from underneath the body. Got the body off and both the capacitors blew the top out..
Again it only a month old . Have emailed Hobbywing, because I couldn't use the form on the website..
Any help how to get the warranty on the esc would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Puckett441; 03-31-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Default hobbywing just stock

Hobbywing just stock supposed to blind red in neutral position?
Old 04-03-2016, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Can anyone from Hobbywing tell me when the new Xerun XR10 Pro will be available for purchase in the U.S.? I sent an email to Hobbywing North America a couple weeks ago and never received a reply, and when I call nobody answers. I seen on the main website where it says it will be avialable end of the first week of April. I figured if that was accurate you would be available to pre-order them by now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.