Wiki Posts
Search

2009 SEQ Onroad Interclub

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The_Keeper
my question was why is it so hard to pass the OFNA when they have passed the Nova.

so you give me a big speech where you put me to sleep half way through.

i have all different motors that meet the specs, i have been asking what the test is ever since the 1hp rule.

why did you address it to my dad when it was me that asked the question.
Peter
Peter as explained above read the rules on actionrc.com.au, there is no rear exhaust Nova motor allowed only the old side exhaust ct/cn.

And as Martin said (So please if you have any issues with the series let your Interclub rep know & they will have it dealt with asap. Asking questions here on RC Tech may get you some discussion but the rules will only be changed by your club reps, so you need to bring it to them.) so see Trevor or Anthony.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by john h
Peter as explained above read the rules on actionrc.com.au, there is no rear exhaust Nova motor allowed only the old side exhaust ct/cn.

And as Martin said (So please if you have any issues with the series let your Interclub rep know & they will have it dealt with asap. Asking questions here on RC Tech may get you some discussion but the rules will only be changed by your club reps, so you need to bring it to them.) so see Trevor or Anthony.
You're right again John. Novarossi 12CX and 12CT are side exhaust engines. I must have been drunk, or perhaps the 1.05 Hp output together with SG shaft, may have made me think that the Novarossi powered Mugen that I was thinking of had rear exhaust.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=Havago Racing;5263739]The last one at the Gold Coast would have been better had they received the support from at least one other club!.
QUOTE]

I didnt see you there. You didn't stay for the presentation as you would have seen quite a number of trophies went to the Sunshine Coast club. You should check your facts before you post. It was not a round of the interclub because the Gold Coast committee could not be bothered to be a part of the organisation. Still a numbert of SCRCCC members took part as we did the previous year.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomt2
I didnt see you there. You didn't stay for the presentation as you would have seen quite a number of trophies went to the Sunshine Coast club. You should check your facts before you post. It was not a round of the interclub because the Gold Coast committee could not be bothered to be a part of the organisation. Still a numbert of SCRCCC members took part as we did the previous year.
LOL -You are very funny
You didn't look very hard did you! I was there and I stayed for the presentation too (I have a photo with my trophy to prove it too).
With regards to the facts, are you the pot calling the kettle black I wonder?

From what I have heard from both sides, it sounds like simple tit for tat. The Interclub committee 'claim' to not have heard any communication from the GC club and the GC club 'claim' to never have heard anything communication from the rest of the interclub committee. I doubt if anyone knows the real truth.

Yes It was great to see some SCRCCC members were still prepared to travel. It was a shame other clubs couldn't be bothered.
(For what it is worth, I was represented South Brisbane Chargers)
Old 01-09-2009, 01:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well you conceed that the Sunny Coast did attend! The meeting at the GC was very poorly run and advertised. The committee had been contacted numerous times in regard to them running the last round but could not be bothered to answer any replies. They would have had support from all the clubs as we were all aware of their situation with the council but it seems the GC commitee could not even be bothered to communicate with their own members. One of the best tracks in SEQ with the worst organisations. If the committee had their act together the track would still be open. Anyway lets hope more club members get behind this years series
Old 01-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Havago Racing
From what I have heard from both sides, it sounds like simple tit for tat. The Interclub committee 'claim' to not have heard any communication from the GC club and the GC club 'claim' to never have heard anything communication from the rest of the interclub committee. I doubt if anyone knows the real truth.
The interclub committee did try to contact the GC Committee, but someone within the committee didnt want anything to do with it "i think thats what i heard". . . . and this is old news anyway, lets just drop it and move on........
Old 01-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

my question was why is it so hard to pass the OFNA when they have passed the Nova.
They say to see the rep from your club if you need things changed but seriously go and bash you head against an brick wall you will get more satisfaction as you have people making decisions that they have no idea what they are doing.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:39 AM
Tech Initiate

I was wondering if the rules for 2009 have been released yet? Have looked at a few sites with no luck.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Safer SX
They say to see the rep from your club if you need things changed but seriously go and bash you head against an brick wall you will get more satisfaction as you have people making decisions that they have no idea what they are doing.
You just have to put your hand up for a position on the committees that you are not satisfied with Rex. I cannot help you with the Interclub, but I could send you an invitation to attend the next ORRCA meeting if you want to be heard and participate in discussions.

The Nova was engine was passed because of pressure from one club, where at least one of their members was racing one. There has not been any pressure from any club to allow the Jammin to my knowledge, and it is only because of William's diligent searches for alternatives that the issue has been brought up.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Lightbulb Jammin JPX-12 Nitro engine

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
...ORRCA meeting if you want to be heard and participate in discussions.

The Nova was engine was passed because of pressure from one club, where at least one of their members was racing one. There has not been any pressure from any club to allow the Jammin to my knowledge, and it is only because of William's diligent searches for alternatives that the issue has been brought up.

Kindest regards, Lars.
hi Lars, I usually race Gas Tourer with an OS TG and this is great class. I have in my travels noticed the Jammin (Ofna) JPX-12. It is rated at 1 HP and is priced quite reasonably. If the motor was purchased new, with instructions, it would appear to satisfy the Interclub rules - accept for not actually being on the approved motor list along with the OS TG and Nova's.

Further to this, because of it's pullstart function (part#50125) the motor could be used in AARCMCC events. For this reason, on face value it appears to be a motor that a racer like myself (budget-challenged!) could get quite a bit of use out of.

So, my question is... Is there a process by which this motor could be examined for suitability? Or could some pilot / trial period be established? Cheers
Old 02-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grassrootsracer
hi Lars, I usually race Gas Tourer with an OS TG and this is great class. I have in my travels noticed the Jammin (Ofna) JPX-12. It is rated at 1 HP and is priced quite reasonably. If the motor was purchased new, with instructions, it would appear to satisfy the Interclub rules - accept for not actually being on the approved motor list along with the OS TG and Nova's.

Further to this, because of it's pullstart function (part#50125) the motor could be used in AARCMCC events. For this reason, on face value it appears to be a motor that a racer like myself (budget-challenged!) could get quite a bit of use out of.

So, my question is... Is there a process by which this motor could be examined for suitability? Or could some pilot / trial period be established? Cheers
New rules for 2009 state that:

1.5 Any .12 (2.11cc) or .15 (2.50cc, with a maximum rating of 1(HP) Horsepower allowed.

1.6 The driver must supply manufacturer’s paper work or RTR box to prove HP rating. If unavailable a non rated RTR motor may be allowed only if the driver is a novice. This will be proven by referral to the drivers Interclub Rep.
You will find the rules on Heavy’s website at: http://www.actionrc.com.au/?page_id=1390 .

My club’s Interclub reps – William and Graham have relayed to me that the changes were done so the Jamming and any other 1 HP engine could be allowed. I sell these engines on my website http://chickentrading.com/ , but they come without engine specifications just like all the other engines that you can buy. William has confirmed that a copy of engine specifications from a website is all that is needed to comply with Rule 1.6.

Any queries or suggestions to rules or any other matter should be directed to you own club’s rep, and you should find their contacting details on the club’s website. I am not a member of the Interclub reps, but I am put all this out so everyone with an interest in this can see it.

The interclub reps for 2009 are:

BRCCC: Doug Norton and Neale Stonely
Chargers: Jason Wakefield
LCRCCC: Martin Nichols and Shane Hyde
QRCCA: Trevor Kerr and Anthony Atack
SCRCCC: Graham Lloyd Jones and William Seib

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Anyone know the top 3 results are for each class.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

1.Chris Sturdy 2. Johnny Hyde 3. Brad Palmer

Super Stock
1.Tim Weier 2.Martin Nichols 3.Corey Broadstock

Gas Tourer
1. Mick Sherman 2.Jason Dorn 3. John Taynton
Old 03-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi everyone just thought i'd ask if you can check the scales for thier accuracy i wieghed my car and my scales read 75 grams overwieght .
I tested them with wieght blocks and they read the specified wieghts right ,
I know we have to work from the scales at the meet but if they are playing up how can we be sure the will read the same everytime .
Just asking so everyone has a fair read all the time .
Thanks Paul .
Old 03-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Can someone please confirm if those scales were ORRCA, IFMAR, AARCMAC and ROAR approved???

I got DQ'd as well man for being underweight in the finals so the lesson I learned yesterday is if you make any changes to the car like taking half the meat off your tires then weigh the car before every race so these things dont happen

Bring on Sunny Coast or Logan, cant remember which one's next from drinking my sorrows away last night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.