Wiki Posts
Search

Australia is Offical Stuffed

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
I will note that WA results show 10 Liberal seats and 5 Labour seats, the election was effectively decided without us.

Is it too late to form a seperate country?
Isn't WA that place where they're digging all that shit out of the ground? C'mon- WA's current boom has about as much to do with the (old) government as interest rates.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default stuff the unions

i wonder how long until they try to get us to join unions again?
Old 11-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Of all these politicians and political parties, not one of them had policies to improve model car track facilities around Australia, Bastards!
Old 11-25-2007, 06:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Don;'t blame me I voted for the Blue M and M
Old 11-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The thing that's "offical stuffed" at the moment appears to be the Liberal party's prospects for the next term or two. Or three. Huzzah.

Scott.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:33 PM
taj
Tech Adept

honest john

So to say that John Howard's choice to state his intentions to retire would influence the way you voted is both shortsighted and selfish.........I admired his honesty , and am proud to say that my vote was for the Liberals......
no gst ever?
children overboard?
awb? dont recall?

honestly we have never had a bigger bullsh?t artist as a pm ever
Old 11-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taj
honest john

no gst ever?
children overboard?
awb? dont recall?

honestly we have never had a bigger bullsh?t artist as a pm ever
Your kidding, all politcians are bullsh?t artists no matter what party they are from. That's why they make it as politicians.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PeteB
I just want to draw on a positive for a second.

I am glad that Peter Garrett is going to be Minister for Environment. He has been campainging for the environment for over 25 years, and he is not in politics for the perks or the paycheque, or the noteriety. He is in politics to make a change for good.

I am looking forward to some real environmental steps forward like signing the kyoto protocol.

Pete
I used to like Peter Garrett but all he will be is a puppet of the Rudd government. Signing the Kyoto protocol might not be in the best interests of Australia have you ever stopped to think about that. I agree there should be a balance between being green or not but this one may come back to bite us.

Last edited by mharlow; 11-26-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Signing the Kyoto protocol might not be in the best interests of Australia have you ever stopped to think about that.
Give me a break. Seriously.

I am no scientist, and only know what we are told by the "experts" to be true. However. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if even half (or a quarter) of this scary stuff on global warming is true, the future of life as we know it - and the human race as a whole - is in some serious poo in a hundred or couple of hundred years.

I'm no doomsdayer, and probably a bit of a hypocrite, given my soft spot for petrol vehicles, motorsport, power-sucking electrical gadgets, plasma TVs and the like, but we really do need to take it seriously. Ratifying Kyoto is step 1, and doesn't go far enough by a long shot.

We are told by the supposed world experts that signing Kyoto and committing to the targets is the best first step to take to help the problem in the long term.

Hmm.. Stopping/slowing global warming to the best of our ability and knowledge is not in the best interests of Australia you reckon?? Think outside the economy in the short term, think about what you said, think about what your kids are going to have to endure in 50 years time, and let's discuss it further. Preferably with some foresight this time.

Scott.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Hmm Kyoto, the annagram lovers Tokyo.

I'm just pissed off that Channel Ten are taking off Futurama and replacing it with reruns of "Friends". Bloody Politics!!!!

The answer to global warming is to mine ice from Haley's Comet and drop a big ice cube into the ocean. It must be true as it was on Futurama.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can the MODERATORS just get rid of this thread.

It is an RC Site.

Encourage KID's
If you don't go so well DON'T swear.
Be friendly...

winning is NOT EVERYTHING !!!!!

To keep your track going you need members that is what the Council uses to give out GRANTS.

Last edited by pkmck111; 11-25-2007 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Had Enough
Old 11-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Umm... what?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Last edited by Boadazofa; 11-26-2007 at 03:04 AM. Reason: boring
Old 11-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

re Kyoto, Howard just recognises that Aust contribution is but a drop in the bucket compared with the US, India and China. A quick analogy with fuel to Kyoto . . . . . . .Aust ratifying Kyoto is like slowing down the flow rate of one bowser in one service station out in Strathpine whilst allowing every other servo in Brisbane to operate normally.

If you learn the facts you'll see it's nothing but a facade. I'm a red meat eater so I'm not advocating vegan'ism or anything here, but the cows worldwide are responsible for more green house gasses than Aust, and India and China are just shockers, and no if Aust signs it those countries won't immediately sit up and take notice.

It took 40 years to convince Brazil to lay off cutting down it's forests, and then it was just the mighty dollar in the form of handoputs from other countries to convince them. No country has the cash to offset the losses India and China would experience if they were to cut back heavily on their shocking outputs. China is adopting Nuclear energy heavily so at least that's a good sign for gas emissions, nuclear is much cleaner, well excepting for the waste problem . . . . More than 3 billion people in just those two countries, that's a stack of energy that's needed to support that population and they aren't going to stop producing it just because Aust says it will slow down.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Big things start from small things.

So do we just all throw our hands in the air and say "we're insignificant" ?? Or do we do the best we can, in the areas that we can, and use this to show our big brother allies (like the US and China - fellow non-Kyoto signatories) that it's really important to do so.

Any reduction in emissions is good. Starting small is the ONLY way you're ever goign to get anywhere in something of this magnitude.

Scott.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.