Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > XRAY Australia
XRAY 808E to XB8E Chassis Conversion >

XRAY 808E to XB8E Chassis Conversion

XRAY 808E to XB8E Chassis Conversion

Old 02-21-2019, 05:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default XRAY 808E to XB8E Chassis Conversion

Been a while and hoping to get back into the RC action. One of the limiting factors in the 808E design was the mounting location of the motor. It was to the rear and 2200 and 2650 motors hung out over the back and the body never quite fit right. I've noticed the new XB8e has the motor mounted further forward and curious if anyone knows if a chassis swap would be a relatively simple conversion with some part changes obviously...

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I can probably help you on this as I've owned most of these buggies since the 808 through XB8 / XB9 and finally the current XB8E.

The center diff's hole spacing is identical from 2008 to 2018 inclusive, and the center driveshaft lengths are the same too.
This applies to all the nitro buggies within that period, and all the E versions from XB9E onwards.

The 808E you mention is unfortunately the strange exception (to the above) in the lineup, as it uses different length driveshafts (longer in front) and mounts the center diff further back.
It also uses wider hole spacing for the motor mount, subsequent versions (including current) use identical chassis hole spacing for the motor mount and front center diff mount.
To use the updated/modern motor mounting location you'd need to change the chassis, F/R driveshafts, modify the radio box location, and find a solution for the motor mount.

Feel free to get in touch if you have more questions. I may also have some parts if needed, likely the chassis and driveshafts.

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 02-25-2019 at 04:03 AM.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:18 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Sorry bud, there isnt a direct conversion from 808 to XB8. There is a XB8 Nitro to EP Conversion but you would still need a chassis plate and some other small bits an pieces. Hope that helps.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Does this mean the Xray XB8 motor mount XRAY 358786 could be used to convert an old nitro XB808 to electric?