Area so yes you can drive car,truck
And trailer plenty of room.
There will be more info tonight.
If you have questions call 920-246-1845
Brandon
Old 09-22-2015, 03:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed response here on RCTech...I dont get on the forums much anymore, so I didnt realize that there were some pending questions. I will watch here as well for any more questions.

Buck from Trackside will be announcing and running the show. We will also be doing photos and videos on LiveRC of course.

Overall, we have about 40-60 people who have confirmed they are going so far, although not many have signed up on RCTech yet. Paul LeMieux will be there for sure, along with a handful of other mod TC guys, as well as a bunch of SCT's.

The size of the track will be 100-120' long by 65' deep. It will be prepped with soda/sugar water to make sure there is good traction.

You can enter from any of the main entrance gates at the state fair. You can bring a car, truck, trailer, etc. There is tons of room. You can drive right inside of the track using the entrance to the left of the grandstands. There should be signs all over that are put up by the event. Tons of pit space is available...we have the whole pit lane which is over 1000' long and 50' wide. Plenty of extra parking is available behind pit lane.

If you want to come setup on Friday, we will be there all day. Otherwise Saturday morning you can come as early as 7am. The track will open for practice at 8am. Each day, Saturday and Sunday, will have its own set of quals and mains. You CAN race just one day if you would like, however the awards are for both days combined. We plan to change the layout each day to keep it fun.

Again, please let me know if you have any questions. A lot of this came together literally within the last 3 weeks with the Makers Faire, so there is not as much time to get the word out as we would have liked. This could turn into a pretty awesome event though, so please pass on the word and come on out to help it grow!

-Brandon
Old 09-22-2015, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks so much for the additional information, Brandon... between this and your FB page, I'm convinced - signing up!

Also, I did some googling around for Maker Faire and the "Power Racing Series" - now THAT looks like a lot of fun and something to try to participate in at some point in the future, too.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Stogie, see you there!

The power racing series is pretty awesome. They are actually going to be racing in the pit paddock next to us (unless that got changed in the last 2 weeks). You should have plenty of time to watch their event as well

All in all, this should be a great event that we can grow in the future. The concept for this event got pitched to us and finalized pretty late into the year, so we didn't have a lot of time to promote it. However, we have everything we need in place to make a really fun race, and a lot of experience behind the event between myself, Cory, Jamie Tennies, Buck, and Paul LeMieux. Hopefully everyone can make it out and we can really expand on it and make it grow every year!
Old 09-22-2015, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

A few more quick updates for everyone...

Everything for the track is ready. We have painted boards so it will look nice, and flappers on every corner and dots where needed. The track will be a nice big size, approximately 120'x68'. We will alter the layout after Saturday to give a fresh layout for Sunday.

For the off-road guys, we have 2 of the jumps finished and we will finish the rest tomorrow evening. Pictures of those are on the Facebook page.

Overall, everything is coming together really nicely and we have a ton of support from Team Associated as well. They have sent us a bunch of try-me cars and equipment, and the Trackside Hobbies crew is all set to be on hand helping with the try-me track and tech. We want the race to be fun so we won't get carried away with tech, but basic stuff like making sure you are in blinky mode for stock, weight, etc will all be teched. If there is suspicion of cheating, then we can investigate further. Jamie Tennies will be there...nothing gets by him

Please pass on the word! I had a couple more calls today with some more people who will be coming. See you all in a few days!
Old 09-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

A quick announcement on rules just so they are officially posted....

The biggest series around here is the Gravity R/C Series and most on-road guys run that, so I talked with Paul and he is cool with letting us copy those rules to keep everything consistent with what you are used to.

Classes
USGT……21.5 motor limit ROAR spec ESC
Stock Sedan….17.5 motor limit ROAR spec ESC
USVTA…..USVTA rules
Mod Sedan...ROAR Mod sedan rules
F1....21.5 motors, rubber tires and ROAR spec ESC
Short Course - 2WD, Open motor and tire
---We can add a Mini class if you guys are interested---

All classes are 5 minutes, heads up starts using HRQF. This will be the most entertaining for fans, and a ton of fun for racers.

Rules…..
Sedan weight……….1380g
USGT weight……….4WD1450g FWD1400g
VTA weight...........1550g

ROAR approved Lipo’s and Motors only for ROAR classes
No lipo higher than 8.40V will pass tech…this is a pass/fail rule if you fail you are not allowed to make that run.
Every lipo must be charged in a lipo sack or protective device.

USGT
Any 190mm 4wd or FWD Sedan chassis
Any 190-200mm USGT/2 door sports car bodies….NO ROAR/IFMAR listed bodies are allowed
Any ROAR approved 21.5 motor is allowed
Any Scale type molded plastic wing is allowed
Any Lexan wing must be no more than 10mm thick
Any Legal ROAR spec ESC set to ROAR spec Software

Expert Sedan
Any 190mm 4wd Sedan Chassis
Only ROAR/IFMAR approved Bodies
Any ROAR approved 17.5 motor is allowed
No Rear wing higher than the roof of the body
Any Legal ROAR spec ESC set to ROAR spec Software

USVTA
Any 1/10th scale 4WD sedan chassis
Only HPI part #4797 31mm Rear and #4793 26mm Front Vintage compound treaded tires with stock inserts are allowed
Tires must have full visible tread on tire at first qualifier of the day
Only Novak 25.5 motors are allowed
All Current USVTA rules will be followed
USVTA list of ESC’s will be in effect

Mod Sedan
Any 190mm 4wd Sedan Chassis
Only ROAR/IFMAR approved Bodies
Any ROAR approved MOD motor is allowed
No Rear wing higher than the roof of the body
Old 09-25-2015, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here are some photos of the event getting setup.
Attached Thumbnails Milwaukee Mile Race-image.jpg  
Old 09-25-2015, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

...more photos coming soon. RCTech isn'tnt letting me upload anymore right now
Old 09-25-2015, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I understand it's a two day race but I can only make one day so I'm going to ask this...

What do the Mod TC guys think the most popular day will be for this class, Saturday or Sunday?

Who is planning to attend and run Mod TC?
Old 09-25-2015, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Im there for both days and stock and mod
Old 09-26-2015, 04:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

A quick update for everyone who is coming today:

If you enter from the main gate (gate 5) off of 84th street - go straight through the gate and follow the road around the Milwaukee Mile track to the left. Go around the track to the back side, and there is an opening in the middle of the back straight. Go through the opening and onto the race track, then do a half a lap (normal racing direction), and enter into pit lane to park and setup. YES - you will be driving on the mile, but don't be stupid and try to race or security will kick you out.

If you enter from the Greenfield Ave gate (gate 1) - go straight through the gate and there is an opening to the track. Go through the opening and onto the race track, then do a 3/4 of a lap (normal racing direction), and enter into pit lane to park and setup. YES - you will be driving on the mile, but don't be stupid and try to race or security will kick you out.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Saturday,was a lot of fun,looking forward to next year I wish I could race Sunday too ,but I can't do it. Thanks Live Rc, Trackside and Gravity rc, it was cool.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Day two of fun! See you there.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know where the results are posted?
Old 10-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Click on the results tab...

http://live.liverc.com/852-Milwaukee_Mile/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.