Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Wisconsin Touring Car Series Races >

Wisconsin Touring Car Series Races

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wisconsin Touring Car Series Races

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks to the guys that stepped up to put the series together should be good racin.
Good choice on running the spec 19turns. See ya at the track.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Radar
Why have 2 battery rules for the series? My comment was that in a 4 min race (proposed rule) a large capacity battery wont have any affect on the out come... so let them run what they want.
And as far as your comment about them feeling they have to have 3700's to be competitive... they might as well learn early that buying the latest batterys (or motors or...fill in the blank) wont make them any faster... in sportsman its all about driving.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:00 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So? Are these races or this series being piggy backed on the Hurricane series? From the dates it would seem so.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Clegg,
This series race is a totally seperate series race than Hurricanes Series. The reason the dates of the two are offset is so that people that want to race both series races can race both without the problem of the overlapping. A few people brought up this issue because they wanted or were thinking about running both races. This is good for both series races because it doesnt turn it into a competition.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Someone in charge ,Please PM me...

Kevin The Den RC Raceway
Old 08-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Kevin, you got PM.
Snowy.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Just read the rules.... nice and simple... should be a fun event. I agree with staggering the dates to allow people to run both series if they want
Old 08-16-2005, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The only race where the two series race at the same track in the same weekend is the Den. There were many reasons this was decided on:

The Den is, for the Northern Wi guys, the most remote track. By doubling up that weekend, it saves people time but more importantlly at nearly $3 a gallon, saves them money as well. We wanted to move the race to earlier in the season just in case there was another freak winter storm like last year. Plus, one of the reasons why the Den is before Cleveland with the other series is because the size, layout, and driver's stand is very similar to cleveland, so drivers going there can get better acclimated to that setup. With both series there on the same weekend, traction would also be similar.

I think some people think that this series (Formerly MWTS, WTCS) was brought back with annomosity or ill will towards the new series, and that's just not the case. They wanted to do their own thing, which is cool; I wish Brad, Hurricane, and all the host tracks the best of luck. We're not setting this up to compete with the Hurricane Series, but to co-exsist side by side. We didn't set the schedule up to ride their coat tails or anything, but for this one particular track, we thought it made sense. Same thing with the Sportsman rules. To me, it didn't seem fair to charge the Sportsman guys the same price yet give them 4-minutes less track time in a race day by running 4-minute races. This also gets them use to the longer races as well. I've heard a few people state that some Sportsman drivers have expressed a concern that they'll be forced to buy high end 3600, 3700, or 3800 packs to compete. That's just not true. Standard 3300's, which is what I am still running for right now, will make 5 minutes and not think twice about it. Hell, 3300's could go 6-8 minutes as well. I don't think runtime is an issue. And as far as the voltage difference, if a Sportsman driver makes a couple mistakes, which most do, any voltage advantage is negated. It's a non-issue.

This is also why we're doing this stuff in July/August too. We have time on our side to make changes if need be. And keep the suggestions coming guys, it's the only way to make the series better in the future!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

rcracenut-YGPM
Old 08-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow out of the loop fer while here. First time on this thread for me. What was so bad about last years rules and classes.

I don't think there should be a sportsman class at all, like ottoman said it just makes the day longer and some people are driving far. Sportsman is meant for people that are just starting, the Series is probablly not the best place to be learning how to race. That should be kept to the weekly club races until they are more confident to race with more people. Plus they most likely don't want to spend the money on the series.Why have 5 guys in sportsman, why not give them something to shoot for, working your way up is more fulfilling than racing the same 5 dudes all year.

I am in favor of the spec tire because it does lower the cost a little and evens the field a little. But what about Motor, Battery, Driver? You should be glad there is a tire rule. If your faster on sorex 28's than joe is then you'll be faster then joe on cs-27's.

I would like see foam go to 19t open end bell. I think this would more less even the playing field for foam. Stop running in circles trying to find horse power.

Thats my 2 cents if it matters.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

I also have my doubts about how popular the sportsman class will be... but they have one so lets see how it goes
I do like the fixed timing... keeps me from cranking the timing and smoking my motor
Old 08-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Old 08-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default sportsman

I know one reason that sportsman was started was to take the crowd that hasnt raced much, (under a year) or so, and put them in a class where they can race amongst eachother. I hear some people complaining because of slower drivers and how they get in the way. This could be partly true but its mostly because the faster guys expect everyone to move over right away with no time given to let the slower drivers move over. The faster drivers can also go around them, its not that hard to change up your run line for 1/32 of a lap. I also here of some drivers saying they are getting annoyed with getting passed all of the time and that they would like a class of their own where they can run with others of their caliber.
Remember guys, This is whats happening this year. Next year could be totally different.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Let us not forget that we need new people to continue to enter this sport or it will die as others leave. The faster drivers generally are not as helpful or friendly to the newbees, not all the faster guys but many of them. They form their fast guy group and protect their speed secrets.

If the sportsman class gives the new drivers a chance to gain skill in driving and set up without being in the way what is wrong with that. So a class or two adds a half an hour to the program it may save it in the long run.

That's my two cents.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

I never met a "fast guy" who would not help me or anyone else. There arnt any "secrets" just practice practice practice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.