Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Cheese City Indoor Dirt Oval  13/14 >

Cheese City Indoor Dirt Oval 13/14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheese City Indoor Dirt Oval 13/14

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ovalracer33
Mark I think we had enough popcorn between a couple threads lmao. I might give sprint a try with the spec tire, I have an 8.5 I could be a weapon lol.

Old 10-15-2014, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M.
yes, some d3.5 motors are noticeably faster, its production tolerances...

i dont care what your rules are, make them what you like at this point, but, i WILL NOT BE CALLED A CHEATER. i worked hard to develop my motor and battery program and chassis setups, I do not spend a ton of cash on batteries and motors, my batteries are SMC, i spend 55 per pack on them. my motors were bought off the shelf, at trackside. i have 2 of them, any of the fast oval racers have told me that my motors are average at best...(12.7=13.0 on the mms) the limit set by Trackside is 12.3.....my motors have passed tech at EVERY race i have atttended.

the batteries i ran last year were on their second season, they were nothing special, i do not over charge my packs, they are charged to 8.40......(limit is 8.44)

my cars are good, because i prep them, meticulously make sure they are perfect.....yes, some nights they are banannas, when it really counts, my stuff is good, really good...now i m not the best oval racer there is, but i can hold my own, not because i am cheating, but because i am preparing....

sorry for the rant, but i will not let it be insinuated that i am somehow cheating to win a race in monroe....my integrity is worth more than that...

you guys should set your rules as you see fit, and the racers will decide if they wan to show up and support the program.

rant off...
Anyone with this long of a reply is definitely cheating...
Old 10-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

13.5 it is for the SC Mods. Hey Matt, let me get one of those cheater motors from ya.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hitman 98
13.5 it is for the SC Mods. Hey Matt, let me get one of those cheater motors from ya.

I got one
Old 10-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Old 10-17-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

13.5 motors in sct mod? Why? Thats gonna make for some crappy racing. The cars already dont turn very well and your gonna add more speed. Its gonna be a wreck fest. The track isnt big enough to handle that kind of speed. Its not crc or limestone. Why change from what everyone else is running, now I gotta spend more money to run. The racing was fine with 17.5 good close racing. Guys need to rethink this. Its not gonna attract any newcomers if the rules are different than other tracks near by. The rules are the rules I understand but the class was good last year the way it was.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Its not gonna attract any newcomers if the rules are different than other tracks near by.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

The cars already dont turn very well and your gonna add more speed?The track isnt big enough to handle that kind of speed.
then you should be fine with a 17.5? right? its like sprints going to "open motor"... just cause you can have a 13.5 doesn't mean you can use all a 13.5 has to offer.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Thats not the point mitchellg. Why change something that was working? Everyone in the midwest with the exception of limestone (because they have a bigger track) uses the 17.5. Its about having close competition. The few opportunities I had to race there last winter that class had that, its gonna be worse with the 13.5. Besides what are you gaining by increasing the motor? I was planning on running there more often this winter as well as trackside based on last years rules but I have to rethink that now cause its gonna cost more money to buy another motor.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MitchelG
then you should be fine with a 17.5? right? its like sprints going to "open motor"... just cause you can have a 13.5 doesn't mean you can use all a 13.5 has to offer.
Until you get butt-packed going into the corner because the guy behind you can't handle the motor.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i find it funny that a small group of people think they are smarter, and know what is best for this track. i was at trackside last night, between buggy runs, i was helping with their track rebuild....NOT ONE person thought what you guys are doing was a good idea.

Please listen to those who are have experience with this. at this point it doesnt matter what you do with the sprint class, because the majority of the racers who made up the class are making plan to race at different venues....

if the majority of the racers wanted Mod sprint, we would have run them...

now, with your mod sprint, (witch your doing as to not have to buy a motor??)

what about wings, it is customary to run larger 7x7 top wings and the larger front wings....to make the cars handle, you just spent 50 bucks...

tire wear?? you will use more tires for this....

direct drive, while it is not unheard of to use this in mod, the transmission cars are better suited for mod,

it is simply easier to follow dodc rules and be happy, i mean, you have a 7.5 motor limit, i assume most will need to buy a 7.5, i know i have a 5.0, a 6.5, an 8.5 i dont have a 7.5, so being as you are talking about blinky mod, i would need a new motor to race....

i guess the point is that you need to think about the ramifications of enacting these rules
Old 10-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

well, i guess that's you to guys then, just throwing out my opinion.

Originally Posted by Matt M.
you guys should set your rules as you see fit, and the racers will decide if they wan to show up and support the program.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...ytown-usa.html

interesting rules package here.....making to rules the same as other tracks, to get people to attend their races
Old 10-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

I agree with matt. I dont get the sprint rule either. But whatever I guess thats less traveling to do.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

13.5 motors in sct mod? Why? Thats gonna make for some crappy racing. The cars already dont turn very well and your gonna add more speed. Its gonna be a wreck fest. The track isnt big enough to handle that kind of speed. Its not crc or limestone. Why change from what everyone else is running, now I gotta spend more money to run. The racing was fine with 17.5 good close racing. Guys need to rethink this. Its not gonna attract any newcomers if the rules are different than other tracks near by. The rules are the rules I understand but the class was good last year the way it was.
All I heard last year from many of the racers that had previously run in this class was that they would run this class again if we were to go to 13.5. They felt the cars were too slow and they were tired of burning up motors trying to get them to go fast. The racers at the meeting also voted for this rule. Dubuque also went to 13.5. I am just banking on the majority vote. We ran 17.5 last year with not a whole lot of people running the class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.