Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Cheese City Indoor Dirt Oval  13/14 >

Cheese City Indoor Dirt Oval 13/14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheese City Indoor Dirt Oval 13/14

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Once again racing was GREAT last night. Over 35 racers and many new faces again. Because of the warm temps and lots of moisture in the air the set ups were a little different than last week. That forced us foam sprint guys to "Tune" all night to try to get that Balance that make these winged rockets so fast.
I was running my new G6 sprint. first time on the track, and I got to the track late. I was fighting rear bite for most of the night. but before the main I re-trued my fronts which caused a bad push, but it made the back feel totally planted which makes it easy to drive (But slow). after the main I put more rear steer in the car and softened the R front 1pound, Then the car felt WORLDS better and I feel If I drove well I could have been a Contender.
I Got out my Hyperdrive Hvoc 3.0 late Model after the race and just put it down. Needless to say 4.0 -4.1 was NO problem and the car was super Easy to go fast and drive.
READ THIS if you have a 2wd late model bring it OUT!!! these things are a blast! We will be running them Next race. 13.5 foam. open tire for now d3.5 for now. no side dams. lets use up our old motors and foams for now and see were it goes! Trust me when I tell you you don't have to have the latest and greatest chassis to be competitive in this class. they all work. you can take a sprint, put bumpers and a wedge body on it and run this class. for a little bull ring you don't have to have tons of offset.
This Wednesday at 4ish we will have practice until 630ish then scrape roll airaide and paint boarders. Come on out and test and tune and help us keep improving this awesome little bull ring. build it and they shall come. Team VOODOO pres out...
Old 12-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes bring out the late models! I have been hoping for a class of those for a while. Perfect sized track for them. Racing was good last week. 44 racers for a non points warm up race was good to see. Points srart this week!
Old 12-04-2014, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Troy

thanks again for the work you guys due for Wednesday practice..

track was good and hopefully my car changes help me on Saturday night ...
Old 12-05-2014, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

are them big disks still out there or did they get changed?
Old 12-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

I believe Troy brought the little ones out.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

Racing was Very Competitive again last night!
Sprint spec Had 9 racers. the track surface was Very Good all night. I really liked when Ryan blew the track off before the sprint classes. it made for a consistant race groove.
Personally I wrecked every car I drove, But My team guys were running as fast as they ever had, even with the "Roar" motors and new tire. TQ for the main was Andy Martinez the Hyspanic Rocket. Followed very close by Brian Cook, Shawn Smith, Matt Miller, and my Latest young Gun Dalton Balboa. (Sorry if I misspelled your names) But talk about a All Star line up. When the flag dropped Andy got a great start and held a great line to take the win. The big fight was for second, with young gun Dalton pulling it out. Great race to watch. These little Rockets are a hand full if you go to agressive on the set up, just a bit to free and one bobble can be the difference.
We Need to get our EDM guys back, I pulled mine out of retirement for the main and had a Ball, If you have one, you wont regret racing it, this little bull ring is Perfect size for very close and fun racing. We did run a heat of Late Models. Once again I broke my Hyper Drive Havoc and ran like a Fish after that, flopping around with bent parts. These cars are like "Pan cars" on dirt. Loads of fun with a ever changing track. Im going to start running the BSR spec tire on mine also, but for now its still open tire for that class, and D3.5's are ok also.
Our SCT class was very fast, open motor!! I think we had 5 trucks, the winner was on a SC10 4x4, interesting....
We are going to prep the track again on Wednesday, and have a test and tune about 5:00ish. I will try to get there at 4:00ish to have the track up to speed. Last week we were running 4.0's consistently, so the track was very good. come early, I will bring some paint and rollers too, help us out. I know Ryan is wanting to get the Offroad part built also, Get with him and Lets get it done! That's all I know for Now.. Peace out, TP
PS It was good to see Miller there last night! He was running his Mod Sprint with the LT's, that thing was FAST!! Bring out 3 more and we'll run them every week.....

Last edited by tp40; 12-07-2014 at 05:46 AM. Reason: more
Old 12-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Thank you , The smaller disks and blowing the track made for some very close qualifying/racing.

we were spoiled with the grip/wear from the "silvers" , all things considering. The spec tire was the next best thing. Good call to the "lets run spec tires" committee. That will be the only time I say it

That was fun to see the times so close together. 3 different motor manufacturers. 3 different chassis locked into the "A".
Its been a while since lap time where that close ,. Game on
Old 12-08-2014, 05:23 AM
Tech Addict

On another note. are you guys having a new years race? 3 week out and I haven't heard anything about it yet?
Old 12-08-2014, 06:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm pretty sure I heard some talk Saturday night..
Old 12-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Shawn05
I'm pretty sure I heard some talk Saturday night..
We'll have to talk to Ryan but New Years day is on a Friday. That Saturday would be a great day to have a Big "Money" race. I (Checkered Flag autobody) would definatly sponser a class or two. We can talk about it on Wednesday night practice and get something in the works.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

fyi, trackside is running on that saturday or sunday...
Old 12-08-2014, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tp40
We'll have to talk to Ryan but New Years day is on a Friday.

Friday night 1/10 scale Money race ?
Old 12-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by yuk17bandit
Friday night 1/10 scale Money race ?
Just Wings?
Old 12-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

I wouldn't complain. Lol.
But
I don't see getting enough "wing" cars to fill a night. Not for the chase race. Maybe spring fling.
Open it up to 1/10
Edm
sct 2wd only. Or what ever
street stock.
sprints.

Sat.
all classes.

Jmo or my vote

Last edited by yuk17bandit; 12-09-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by yuk17bandit
sct 2wd only. No 4wd as that is killing the weekly class
that class was meant to be anything sct... are your refurring to the fact that one 4x4 domminated that class this weekend? Because 2wd has been just as fast if not faster all last year and (except for this last weekend) all year so far.
just saying, i dont run the class,i run my 4wd in the latemodel class so...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.