Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Can you help out some college students >

Can you help out some college students

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you help out some college students

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Can you help out some college students

Hey everybody. It's been a while since I've been here. I'm sure some of the guys that have been around for a long time remember me. Well heres the deal. I am working on my final project before I graduate school and I need help. My group and I have choosen to design and build a full size R/C R2D2. We are looking for any old, working components such as a speed control w/ reverse, servos, radio/receiver, any type of driveline parts (belts, gears, layshafts, ect), steering components (maybe something off of an old oval car?), and anything else you think may be of help to us. None of this stuff needs to be fancy, just working. It would be awesome if you guys could look through your old equiptment and see if you have anything you could get rid of. This is a school project and we are college students so were looking for parts in the cheap-free range. Any help anyone can provide would be really appreciated. I would be happy to pick stuff up at Trackside or the Offroad track near Madtown (Brian and Angie's place) or any other local place. So if you have anything email me at [email protected] or post it here. Thanks again.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Johnny
Old 06-22-2005, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

johnny

you are welcome to look through my spare parts trunk...i am at rc performance on weds, so let me know when i shoulf bring it...it is quite large

there is a ton of old losi truck buggy, sedan parts, including most of what you asked for, with the exeption of electrics....

matt
Old 06-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

HOLY SMOKES!!! HI Johnny V.!!
Nice to know you are still alive!
Do you need to make a full size one cuz I have the original RC R2D2 from 1978 that still works and you could use!
I'll keep my ears open for you at the track!
Mike Lack
Old 06-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the input guys. It nice to hear from you. Matt I might have to take you up on that. I'll have to pick a wednesday I'm free and let you know. Thanks again.