Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Strictly R/C Asphalt RACING!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oh my...I'm 36 and have gray "wings" on my head.....I'm going to get Just For Men Complete Silver Back Gorilla dye and get and entire free movie pass
Old 03-24-2013, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

Any idea of what a schedule could look like? Classes? Ive been running dirt oval and just picked up a tc5r that i plan to build a 17.5 tc with. Are there tire rules for that type of class? Best option for tire choices? thanks,
Old 03-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rowdygiff
Any idea of what a schedule could look like? Classes? Ive been running dirt oval and just picked up a tc5r that i plan to build a 17.5 tc with. Are there tire rules for that type of class? Best option for tire choices? thanks,
Working on the dates now. Will have posted by the beginning of April.

The spec tire we have been using for the past few years are the Solaris Hard pre-mounted and will be available through Strictly r/c.

Thanks
Brian
Old 03-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

What transmitter exactly do i need to get? Who offers the best deal on them? Do most people run front spools at strictly?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has there been any talk of running F1 cars?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EvIlEvO9
What transmitter exactly do i need to get? Who offers the best deal on them? Do most people run front spools at strictly?
I think you mean transponder? Any AMB or newer MyLaps Hybrid personal transponder works with Strictly's system. The older AMB personals run about $70-$80 used. Any MRT PTX transponder will also work until Strictly upgrades their decoder which probably won't happen this year? There are some good deals on the MRTs here on RCTech.net. I've seen them for $50. Lot's of people dumping them because of the announcement by AMB that the MRTs will no longer be compatible with newer decoders. You can also use the house transponders but you have to put them in and take them out of your car for each race. A transponder mount or an extra hole in your body is required for use of house transponders.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Any progress on the schedule yet ?
Old 03-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trytowin
Any progress on the schedule yet ?
Hey Gary, Working on it. Will have date's posted within the next couple weeks.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B.JUCHA
Your the BEST !!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B.JUCHA
Will my 8.5T work at this track? LOL :P
Old 03-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Pete! I did mean transponder...oops. Crazy how pricey they are. Guess ill keep my eyes open for one.
Originally Posted by beemerfan
I think you mean transponder? Any AMB or newer MyLaps Hybrid personal transponder works with Strictly's system. The older AMB personals run about $70-$80 used. Any MRT PTX transponder will also work until Strictly upgrades their decoder which probably won't happen this year? There are some good deals on the MRTs here on RCTech.net. I've seen them for $50. Lot's of people dumping them because of the announcement by AMB that the MRTs will no longer be compatible with newer decoders. You can also use the house transponders but you have to put them in and take them out of your car for each race. A transponder mount or an extra hole in your body is required for use of house transponders.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EvIlEvO9
Thanks Pete! I did mean transponder...oops. Crazy how pricey they are. Guess ill keep my eyes open for one.
Check and make sure your ESC and 21.5 is legal for the class you want to run here =

Some places have rules that differ from "sanctioned" rules =
Like this place requires a specific tire that is NOT USGT "approved" for their version of USGT...

Don't know if this place sticks to the USGT Rule set for the bodies...???

You'll have to ask that too.

Wintrhop Harbor runs by the rules in USGT and USVTA except for certain "club/track series" Mr. Whiteside may have a variance - like no one way diffs in USVTA in the Hurricane series like this = http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...et-series.html

Most track hosting races post what they run --- just have to wait til they get around to posting the info - - - or PM the hmfwic and ask...

Old 04-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marv
Check and make sure your ESC and 21.5 is legal for the class you want to run here =

Some places have rules that differ from "sanctioned" rules =
Like this place requires a specific tire that is NOT USGT "approved" for their version of USGT...

Don't know if this place sticks to the USGT Rule set for the bodies...???

You'll have to ask that too.

Wintrhop Harbor runs by the rules in USGT and USVTA except for certain "club/track series" Mr. Whiteside may have a variance - like no one way diffs in USVTA in the Hurricane series like this = http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...et-series.html

Most track hosting races post what they run --- just have to wait til they get around to posting the info - - - or PM the hmfwic and ask...

Yes, I had a short term ban on one-ways after a lot of bad press hit the inter web after a race. The ban was very short term and has not been in effect here for awhile.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Yes, I had a short term ban on one-ways after a lot of bad press hit the inter web after a race. The ban was very short term and has not been in effect here for awhile.
Thanks for posting that. I did not know that "Draconian" rule had been lifted at The Track. We are free once again to drive with no front brakes! I don't usually use them but like having it as an option. The bigger problem is that several times people actually told me I couldn't use them at other tracks because they were against the USVTA rules. Of course those were the guys that didn't read so well. I've had to explain a few times that it was just a house rule at the place that holds the USVTA Nats and not a universal USVTA rule.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Do we know the race schedule for this year yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.