R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   ALPHA RC RACEWAY (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/700375-alpha-rc-raceway.html)

PFD Captain 01-31-2013 03:49 PM

Sounds Good!!! Looking forward to it. :D

Wes Lawrence 01-31-2013 08:56 PM

Hello Everyone,

UPDATE- Due to the weather (which apparently goes from tshirts to snow in a day? :weird:) and general setbacks of projects of this size, THIS Saturday, Feb 2nd, we will NOT be racing. It was a great target, and one we nearly hit.

As it looks, dirt will be going in Monday. To avoid rushing and a sub-par opening day, Wednesday night the 6th is off the schedule as well.
Going to go ahead and aim for a Saturday opener next weekend, February 9th.
I know some of you are going to Smac for their National and that is a great event ran by Scott Mcdonald and crew and I encourage any of you interested to check them out for the weekend. :)

For those of us staying here, we will be opening up the track for practice some time next week, as soon as possible guys. I will continue to update you all daily and I will post pictures as soon as we get a little closer.

biff85ta 01-31-2013 09:22 PM

Well that is a bummer. I was looking forward to doing some racing this weekend. On the other hand it give me a chance to get some other stuff sorted out.

matt*strike 01-31-2013 09:58 PM

I always am looking forward to racing. I can't wait for this track just wish I wasn't working so much. And could help more.

Thanks Wes you are one hell of a guy. I don't care what Ashton says.

See you all trackside soon.

smientus 02-01-2013 12:01 AM

Definately a big thank you to Wes. Also regarding the jconcepts race. I will try my best to keep you guys posted on my progress up there. Wish me luck!

FaNbLaDe 02-01-2013 09:09 AM

GL Shawn, I was scrolling through the entries and seen your name there! Bring home some hardware brother!

Wes Lawrence 02-01-2013 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by biff85ta (Post 11757984)
Well that is a bummer. I was looking forward to doing some racing this weekend. On the other hand it give me a chance to get some other stuff sorted out.

The real bummer was all the years we've been waiting on somewhere this nice to race! :) Another week feels like a blink of an eye to me! :lol: If you need any help lining out your car or gear be sure to give me a call or bring it with you. Happy to help!

Originally Posted by matt*strike (Post 11758059)
I always am looking forward to racing. I can't wait for this track just wish I wasn't working so much. And could help more.

Thanks Wes you are one hell of a guy. I don't care what Ashton says.

See you all trackside soon.

I don't care what Ashton says either! :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though, Thanks Matt!
You're always great help to have around.

Originally Posted by smientus (Post 11758255)
Definately a big thank you to Wes. Also regarding the jconcepts race. I will try my best to keep you guys posted on my progress up there. Wish me luck!

Thank you Shawn! As you know, it takes a village... And we have great people behind this project, just like yourself.

Best of luck to you next weekend and I'll be rooting for you!

Wes Lawrence 02-01-2013 04:39 PM

FRIDAY, February 2nd UPDATE.

As of this weekend, we will have the ceiling done and the building prepared for dirt to be brought in on Monday. I spoke with the excavator today and that is the plan.

Club help- Not a lot that can be done until next week.

I'll update tomorrow night (Saturday) with pictures of the completed ceiling and building.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Wes Lawrence
Alpha RC Raceway

biff85ta 02-01-2013 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Wes Lawrence (Post 11761174)
The real bummer was all the years we've been waiting on somewhere this nice to race! :) Another week feels like a blink of an eye to me! :lol: If you need any help lining out your car or gear be sure to give me a call or bring it with you. Happy to help!

I have to figure out what I am going to do for a radio as my old fm unit is not turning on once in a while and I need to get a hold of my new to me buggy and rebuild some shocks and what not.

nitrosteve 02-02-2013 06:35 PM

Long time no see everybody. Wow cant hardly believe this is a reality thanks Wes for all your hard work. What type of dirt is going in I need to choose some tires. I heard the Panther slicks are great for e-buggy and the last longer than 1 race. Cant wait to blow the dust off my stuff. Looking forward to seeing everybody again.

hrnts69 02-03-2013 05:19 AM

I did a driveby at the new location just to see where it was, and i was impressed by how easy it was to get too. And what part of town it is in. Very easy from Route 13 and Route 51. Perfect location it think, could not of done better!

Appears to have alot of parking space inside the gate, if we are allowed in there. But still, it has a National Event potential.

Very pumped up!

jkilmurray 02-03-2013 06:09 PM

I am wanting to get rid of 2 sr3300t's. 1 is new in the package and the other was taken out of the package and bound to my 22, but never ran. They are the newer style with the longer antenna's and I'm wanting to keep shorties. Shoot me some offers on them if your interested.

matt*strike 02-04-2013 02:33 AM

Split the case and curl the antenna inside

slim jim 02-04-2013 10:02 AM

I saw dirt and it was good!

FaNbLaDe 02-04-2013 05:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a current pic update as of today.