Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Innovative Hobbies and Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Had a great time Saturday racing at Innovative Hobbies. 60 entrie and alot of close fun racing. Looking forward to racing there again.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Great racing saturday at Innovative again! It was nice to see a couple more 2wd buggies show up so we had a race of them, thanks guys. I think a little more work could be done to keep the race program running a little smoother but not bad. I also dont know if Ryan was told but there may be a few racers in the wrong class for the motors they are running. Even though a vehicle came with a certain motor out of the box doesnt always mean it fits into the stock class. I doubt there will be any penalties but we want to keep an even playing field. If someones RTR motor is not legal for stock class and thats what they want to run see me and I may have a motor you could run. I'm not calling anyone out or complaining but the speed of some trucks in the straights make my truck look slow (it may be but not that much).
Anyway I hope to see everyone there again this saturday for another great day of racing.

Vaughn

PS: The Innovative stickers will make your vehicle FAST!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rebel76
Great racing saturday at Innovative again! It was nice to see a couple more 2wd buggies show up so we had a race of them, thanks guys. I think a little more work could be done to keep the race program running a little smoother but not bad. I also dont know if Ryan was told but there may be a few racers in the wrong class for the motors they are running. Even though a vehicle came with a certain motor out of the box doesnt always mean it fits into the stock class. I doubt there will be any penalties but we want to keep an even playing field. If someones RTR motor is not legal for stock class and thats what they want to run see me and I may have a motor you could run. I'm not calling anyone out or complaining but the speed of some trucks in the straights make my truck look slow (it may be but not that much).
Anyway I hope to see everyone there again this saturday for another great day of racing.

Vaughn

PS: The Innovative stickers will make your vehicle FAST!

This is why stock should be 17.5 boosted or 13.5 blinky, to allow the new guys that buy RTR's to be able to run in Stock and not Mod....
Old 01-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by B4wires2
I know a lot of mod buggy, and mod truck racers would like a nice place to race on Friday night. Just an idea.

Yea you guys should try this.

Originally Posted by rcracenut
I would suggest he stays off the nights already occupied by other tracks. Friday nights are when Trackside and Appleton race. Thats why he went to early Saturday. And obviously that decision is working as he had 65 or so this past saturday.
He did mention at one time racing either wednesday or thursday night.
Trackside is far enough away that it shouldn't cause any loss of entry's and this place looks better than Appleton.guys that are far away are not going travel on a work night. That's why I vote for Fridays!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default No to 17.5 boosted !

Originally Posted by kcooper273
This is why stock should be 17.5 boosted or 13.5 blinky, to allow the new guys that buy RTR's to be able to run in Stock and not Mod....
17.5 Blinky is what all other tracks in our area are running. If you want to run 17.5 with boost on then it's mod ! The Sc10 RTR has a motor that's equivalent to a 13.5 , this would also be considered mod at most of the other tracks . If you take a look at the 17.5 class this has most of your more experienced drivers in this class , this is not a box stock class !

If Innovation will allow 17.5 boosted then I know many racers that will not return . Why not have a novice box stock class ? And if you want to go faster run a mod then .
Old 01-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trinityracer12
Yea you guys should try this.

Trackside is far enough away that it shouldn't cause any loss of entry's and this place looks better than Appleton.guys that are far away are not going travel on a work night. That's why I vote for Fridays!!!
Im not talking loss of entries for Trackside. Im talking loss of entries for Innovative. I came over saturday along with 3 other Trackside guys because the track races saturday. Keeping it off the same time slot as other tracks helps improve the turnout at Innovative being it the newest track on the scene. Putting it on the same night (friday night) as not only one but two tracks would make the turnout worse in my opinion.
I thought stock class is 17.5. All other tracks have 17.5 as the motor limit. Whether you make blinky a rule or not really doesnt matter much anyway. It can be changed quickly.
Again these are just my opinion from what I see. Chuck
Old 01-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Blinky setting on your speed control evens the playing field for all racers . I don't think you want to see the new racers that don't understand how to correctly time or boost there motors start burning up there motors . All the tracks I run at and that you Chuck run at require that you run in Blinky mode in the 17.5 class . This is what they are looking for when they tech the trucks !! I was at Innovation on there first points day and I asked "can we boost or advance timing in the esc " . The answer is Blinky mode on the esc and you can only adjust timing on the motor itself . This is a simple rule to follow and for them to tech . Why change this rule ? Again if you want to go faster then run in the mod class ! Faster isn't always faster ! Think about it .
Old 01-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Initiate

I agree with keeping the playing field fair but the stock sc class with the brushless 17.5 limit should not include people running a Velenion motor as was the case this last weekend. I think the trucks need to be checked in before racing and again after, at least for the classes that have a motor limit.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Good to see that Ryan's getting racers from all over. I agree on the motor problem. 17.5 blinky is what the majority of the tracks in WI are running for the Stock SCT class from what I'm seeing. Although some want fixed timing on the motor and some don't. The only track that I raced at that was different for Stock SCT was in St. Ignace, MI , where you could run either 13.5 and 17.5 for that class. Not sure why, other than it may have been to allowed to keep the field close against the SC10 trucks.

In either case, Ryan's trying his best right now to please everybody. I'm sure that he'd appreciate any help in tech (keeping an eye on the field) or anything else what would enable a great program for everybody. One thing is for certain, it's a fun place to run.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

isn't sportsman the "run what ya brung" class? If it's not a 17.5, sportsman or mod is what your running almost everywhere else.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

I agree with Howler. Ryan is really going out of his way to make this a track the racers enjoy. He is very committed to making this a fun but competitive track to race at.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

I agree that Ryan is doing a good job . This isn't a problem at other tracks !! If your running a Velenion system in your non Traxxas vehicle it should be in a mod class system . This system is much faster than a 17.5 . Don't pollute the 17.5 class and the great racing that's in that class by allowing Boosted ESC'S or 13.5 or Velenion systems . This will destroy what the class is all about . Mod class racing has dropped off considerably in the past couple years because racers seen how close the competition is in the 17.5 Blinky classes . Take time and learn how to make your car/truck faster in 17.5 blinky class by working on your setup and driving style . Don't just throw a bigger motor at the problem .
Old 01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Wow ,I didnt mean to start that much debate but there were a few good ideas brought up. A box stock class for the Velenion powered Traxxas and other "mod" powered RTR's is a good idea if there are enough of them. There are a lot of racers at Innovative that are new to racing and even R/C in general that may not even know exactly what they have. Do we put them in sportsman class with that much power or do they run in mod with limited experience? That is the issue with some RTR's and new racers. I hope we can come up with a resonable solution for everyone. Like I posted earlier I have a couple 17.5 motors I could part with reasonably to get these guys legal for stock class if that is where they want to run. I will also try to go through the signup sheets and check out vehicles to make sure they are legal. I know racers stepping up from sportsman to stock class can be put off by getting beat by someone having more power.

Again I dont want to ruffle any feathers or make anyone not want to race, just trying to keep it fair. We will do what we can to help.

BTW , a 17.5 won in 2wd mod buggy last week.(it was the sticker)

Vaughn
Old 01-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

The simple thought of putting a velenion in a 2wd makes me chuckle. I had a velenion in the slash 4x4 I raced and took 2nd in the A with. And I never sqeezed more than 50% throttle. No Need. No place long enough to go that far. But I can remember thinking the only thing standing between me in the C main and 1st in the A was more power. BOY WAS I WRONG!! Chuck

Last edited by rcracenut; 01-30-2013 at 04:01 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rebel76
Wow ,I didnt mean to start that much debate but there were a few good ideas brought up. A box stock class for the Velenion powered Traxxas and other "mod" powered RTR's is a good idea if there are enough of them. There are a lot of racers at Innovative that are new to racing and even R/C in general that may not even know exactly what they have. Do we put them in sportsman class with that much power or do they run in mod with limited experience? That is the issue with some RTR's and new racers. I hope we can come up with a resonable solution for everyone. Like I posted earlier I have a couple 17.5 motors I could part with reasonably to get these guys legal for stock class if that is where they want to run. I will also try to go through the signup sheets and check out vehicles to make sure they are legal. I know racers stepping up from sportsman to stock class can be put off by getting beat by someone having more power.

Again I dont want to ruffle any feathers or make anyone not want to race, just trying to keep it fair. We will do what we can to help.

BTW , a 17.5 won in 2wd mod buggy last week.(it was the sticker)

Vaughn

It's all your fault Vaughn, LMAO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.